Photo

Injury Updates: Dwight Howard and Jordan Hill *UPDATE* Dwight expected to play tonight vs Denver

Howard didnt practice both listed as probable

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,113 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Howard, Hill Probable for Denver

Published by Mike Trudell on January 5, 2013 1:36 pm in Injury News.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Lakers big men Dwight Howard and Jordan Hill suffered respective minor injuries in Friday night’s loss to the Clippers, but both are listed as “probable” to play in Sunday’s home contest against Denver.
Clippers wing Caron Butler stripped Howard of the ball in the fourth quarter, causing a minor right shoulder strain that had Howard in an ice pack after the game and sitting out of Saturday’s practice.
“I didn’t want it to bother me as much, so I just tried to do as much during the game to loosen it up,” said Howard on Saturday. “I don’t know if that did anything, but I was in a lot of pain. I was in a lot of pain this morning. It was tough to put my clothes on. We’ll see how it feels tomorrow.”
Hill rolled his ankle in that same fourth quarter, but told reporters after the game that he was OK, and would be able to play against the Nuggets. Hill did not return to the game for the final several minutes, but was available to should Mike D’Antoni have called his number.

And some more news

Posted Image Dave Miller@coachdavemiller
DH did not practice today..

Posted Image Dave Miller@coachdavemiller
DH not sure if he will play tomm! (Shoulder)

Not good. Not good.

Edited by West Coast, January 06, 2013 - 10:55 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#2 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:32 PM

... Great..

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just our luck. We get Nash, he gets injured in the second game of the season. We get on of the most durable centers in the game he gets injured.

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:35 PM

No worries, we've still got Pau.

yo.

#5 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,737 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:35 PM

:facepalm:

nothing is going well for us.

#6 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,273 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:38 PM

No worries, we've still got Pau.

Don't remind me. Please

#7 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:40 PM

There is no problem at all, we still have Pau Gasol. He will eat both Faried and McGee alive because he will drop a 28-16-8 on them and will win the game for us.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#8 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 606 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:47 PM

Blessing in disguise IMO. Hope he's out. Pau gets his chance to silence us laker fans as it pertains to him just making excuses as to why he has been abysmal so far this season. If he gets touchs in the post, and he still sucks, no more excuses, trade him ASAP.

#9 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,273 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:51 PM

Blessing in disguise IMO. Hope he's out. Pau gets his chance to silence us laker fans as it pertains to him just making excuses as to why he has been abysmal so far this season. If he gets touchs in the post, and he still sucks, no more excuses, trade him ASAP.

We need Pau to play well in BIG games against BIG teams. We don't need that much against guys like Portland. But he will be the x-factor for this team, as long as he on this team.

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:57 PM

And when Faried and JaVale own him people will still blame the system I'm sure and say Pau "needs more time" for the stars to align just right.

#11 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 446 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Mad Dog

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:58 PM

Pretty much. Its obvious Pau and Dwight do not play well with each other. When do the lakers always find themselves down and getting beat? In the first and 3rd quarters, when they are both on the court together for the majority of the minutes. They always seem to make a surge in the fourth because usually its only 1 of them out there with jordan hill. If Dwight is a no go tomorrow, then Pau better go off, because he is doing nothing to help his cause. His post-game interviews are becoming quite annoying as they are just full of excuses. If you want to play in the post so damn much, demand it, you're a 19 million dollar player, dont complain to the media when you go 1/6 with 2 points in the biggest game thus far this season! I mean come on, at this point his pride should overtake anything else thats getting in the way. Pau needs to channel his inner kobe and get his ego revved up, maybe that will help.
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,113 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Pretty much. Its obvious Pau and Dwight do not play well with each other. When do the lakers always find themselves down and getting beat? In the first and 3rd quarters, when they are both on the court together for the majority of the minutes. They always seem to make a surge in the fourth because usually its only 1 of them out there with jordan hill. If Dwight is a no go tomorrow, then Pau better go off, because he is doing nothing to help his cause. His post-game interviews are becoming quite annoying as they are just full of excuses. If you want to play in the post so damn much, demand it, you're a 19 million dollar player, dont complain to the media when you go 1/6 with 2 points in the biggest game thus far this season! I mean come on, at this point his pride should overtake anything else thats getting in the way. Pau needs to channel his inner kobe and get his ego revved up, maybe that will help.

How about his latest post game interview where he said it "isn't up to him" to get involved in the offense...

#13 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 05, 2013 - 04:18 PM

If he gets touchs in the post, and he still sucks, no more excuses, trade him ASAP.

And then Pau''s trade value diminishes to the point were he's only good for a six pack of beer.

#14 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 05, 2013 - 04:21 PM

Rather lose him 1 game than 1 month. Give him the next 5 games off its not like we have a chance the way we play.
Posted Image

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:55 AM

Mike Bresnahan@Mike_Bresnahan

Dwight Howard (sore shoulder) took part in the morning shoot-around and is expected to play tonight vs. DEN. #Lakers

#16 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,567 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2013 - 02:57 PM

Good. I hope he goes off and shuts up Kenneth Faried for talking [expletive].

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users