#21 iJizzPurple&Gold

iJizzPurple&Gold

Rookie

• 77 posts
  • Name:Johnny
  • Fan Since:im just a fan of kobe since he always wows me
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:04 PM

What offense did spain use in the olympics vs team usa?
iirc he was shooting 3's and mid J's and actually sinking them... I think pau is a troll.

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:07 PM

Pau is shooting 31% from the post he doesnt deserve most post touches. He is finished

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:08 PM

LOL @ Junayd.

He has the nerve to say I don't watch basketball but hes only taking into account ONE GAME?

The season started a while ago man, get your life.

Look at all the comments around you, what Gasol have you been watching?

#24 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:10 PM

LOL @ Junayd.

He has the nerve to say I don't watch basketball but hes only taking into account ONE GAME?

The season started a while ago man, get your life.

Look at all the comments around you, what Gasol have you been watching?

lol I didn't realize I said that I was only going off of the Clipper game. *rolls eyes*

I've been watching Pau do a terrible Okur impersonation at the behest of the coaching staff

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#25 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:22 PM

lol I didn't realize I said that I was only going off of the Clipper game. *rolls eyes*

I've been watching Pau do a terrible Okur impersonation at the behest of the coaching staff

You were when you started talking about Dwight pick and roll, that was one game. [pokes your eyes out]

Pau isn't playing [expletive]ty because of the coaching staff, I can't wait till L.A.K.E.R., West Coast, or RD
see what you've been posting and annihilate your humorous arguments.

I'm done arguing with people playing pin the tail on the donkey.

#26 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,397 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:50 PM

Is there anyway we can snag Rudy Gay, Derrick Williams and possible Josh Shelby? I dunno give up Clark, Duhon and a car bumper.. And Gasol

Posted Image

#27 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:52 PM

LOL *cowers in fear*

I did state that Pau has no heart. My point is that the coaching staff isn't helping by putting him in disadvantangeous positions.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.

#28 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:01 PM

My point is that the coaching staff isn't helping by putting him in disadvantangeous positions.

I remember RD saying something along the lines of if Pau wanted to post up he could, the fact is he doesn't want to.

Your argument is moot.

The guy settles for outside jumpers and would much rather pass the ball than shoot it.

#29 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:04 PM

The system doesn't allow for it. In New York, D'Antoni had Amare standing at the 3pt line in the corner while Melo was on the box. The plays we run, the sets we employ, have Pau at the elbows at the wing, not on the box. Of course, he can catch it from the wing and post up, but my point is that the system doesn't have him in the right spots.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#30 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:07 PM

The system doesn't allow for it. In New York, D'Antoni had Amare standing at the 3pt line in the corner while Melo was on the box. The plays we run, the sets we employ, have Pau at the elbows at the wing, not on the box. Of course, he can catch it from the wing and post up, but my point is that the system doesn't have him in the right spots.

It is absolutely one of the reasons for Pau's spectacularly awful season thus far, but I still think he's pretty much checked out.

I don't think he belongs on this team anymore.

#31 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:10 PM

In my opinion, he doesn't either. and i would rather have josh smith, but he's not leaving. If he does, I'll eat my words. But he's not being traded, this year at least.

So while we have him, we have to make it work. And this system isn't working

Edited by Junayd, January 05, 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#32 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:12 PM

I get that the system isn't ideal for him at all, but even in a system that suited him (the triangle) he was still pretty terrible (Phil's last year he played awful in the playoffs).

Hes a decent player in the right system, but for what he gets played we don't need decent, we need all-star.

Of course we aren't getting an all-star in gasol, and we aren't getting an all-star in a gasol trade, but fillers and some much needed depth at certain positions would help a lot more than keeping gasol around.

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, January 05, 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#33 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:14 PM

I get that the system isn't ideal for him at all, but even in a system that suited him (the triangle) he was still pretty terrible (Phil's last year he played awful in the playoffs).

Hes a decent player in the right system, but for what he gets played we don't need decent, we need all-star.

Of course we aren't getting an all-star in gasol, and we aren't getting an all-star in a gasol trade, but fillers and some much needed depth at certain positions would help a lot more than keeping gasol around.

I agree, and I said that Pau in the triangle that played like [expletive] in 2011 > Pau we have now

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#34 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:44 PM

I agree, and I said that Pau in the triangle that played like [expletive] in 2011 > Pau we have now

To be completely fair, I honestly thought Pau played awful in the post season because during the regular season
he had to fill in for Bynum at center (he was playing really good at the center position too during Phil's last year)
so he was drained.

Afterwards though, I don't get why he played so deflated, my guess is too much wear and tear (him playing in the Olympics prolly didn't help either).

#35 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,226 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've watched every game for the past several seasons. Paus problems are apparent. He is a 7 footer that wants to pass first. He likes to dribble the ball. He would rather bat a ball around than grab a rebound with 2 hands. He can't gaurd anyone, and I mean that literally, he can't guard a player that plays in the NBA. he doesn't post up. He gets muscled around. It's time for him to go. I believe he has no trade value though.

#36 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 168 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted January 05, 2013 - 06:48 PM

Pau post girlfriend cheating on him sux ass. I don't really think his heart is set for the NBA anymore. I think he want's to do something more meaningful, like working at a children's hospital.

Only reason he plays for Spain like he does is because of pride for his country, family, etc. He doesn't have any of that for the Lakers or probably any NBA team besides maybe his brother's if he was traded there. Pau hasn't come to terms with this idea fully within himself yet and when he does I doubt he'll give up those nice paychecks until he's booted from the team (hopefully sooner than later).

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#37 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,602 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Worthy, Magic

Posted January 05, 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's a double edged sword for me. I don't like D'Antonis system at all but at the same time Pau needs to play better regardless. At this point it's a good idea to dump Pau to get some much needed depth and energy on the bench. Addition by subtraction. Hill has outplayed Pau this year so far.

I see both sides of it. Not a fan of MDA, not a fan of making excuses for Pau.

#38 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:34 PM

Pau's playing hurt and out of position.
Posted Image

#39 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Just play Pau at the five and get him some of those post touches that Dwight botches left and right.
Posted Image

#40 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,579 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Pau's playing hurt and out of position.

That excuse is old.

Dwight is playing hurt, still averages 17/12
Kobe plays hurt and is leading the league in scoring, from the 3 position when he's a 2

Pau plays the 5 position when Dwight is on the bench and never runs to post up despite the many times Nash is looking for him down low off pick and rolls that he pops out to the three point line instead.

Pau is to blame for how Pau plays.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users