#1 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:46 PM

http://espn.go.com/v...clip?id=8815530

My thoughts exactly even though Gasol is not playing very well is not all his fault, of course he is not the Gasol from back in 09-10 he can still play and the reason he is sucking now is because of the system that MD has implemented. I said before and I'll say it again this team is not a team that fits MD system at all even with Steve Nash here which is why I wanted Phil or Sloan. So now Kobe has to talk to the person he called an "offensive genius" to tell him to fix the issues with Gasol... seriously so much for that.

MD does not know how to use Gasol.

Posted Image

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:48 PM

SAS is a Knicks fan hes bitter MDA screwed up his team last few years so hes criticiizing him at every opportunity he can get. Pau's problems goes back to Brown and Phil also

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:50 PM

More excuses for Pau. Comical.
htCCl0m.png

#4 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:51 PM

You know what Gasol's problem is?

He sucks, but he doesn't want to be traded.

If he likes L.A. so much he should just retire and quit leaching off the Lakers paychecks because hes living off of past performances.

Hes a center, we don't need a center we have Dwight.

SHIP HIS ASS OUT!

#5 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:51 PM

SAS is a Knicks fan hes bitter MDA screwed up his team last few years so hes criticiizing him at every opportunity he can get. Pau's problems goes back to Brown and Phil also

Gasol has been declining little by little over the years isn't that what aging does? The fact that he is performing so poorly now it's because MD has him shooting 3s!!! When did PJ or MB have him do that?

Posted Image

#6 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:52 PM

Gasol has been declining little by little over the years isn't that what aging does? The fact that he is performing so poorly now it's because MD has him shooting 3s!!! When did PJ or MB have him do that?

Pau shot quite a few threes to begin this year. Also Pau has the opportunity to post up when Howard is out of the game so why isn't Pau posting up?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#7 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:54 PM

Pau shot quite a few threes to begin this year. Also Pau has the opportunity to post up when Howard is out of the game so why isn't Pau posting up?

His play is influenced by the system we're running obviously. He wasn't shooting them as much as he has been lately though.

Don't get me wrong I do think he should be traded now rather than later but just because of the fact that the longer we keep him the less we can get back in return.

Edited by Nego, January 05, 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:56 PM

His play is influenced by the system we're running obviously. He wasn't shooting them as much as he has been lately though.

Don't get me wrong I do think he should be traded now rather than later but just because of the fact that the longer we keep him the less we can get back in return.

This means more minutes for Jamison and Hill who have both clearly played better than Pau has when they've gotten big mins. So thats additition by subtraction. We will probably add another shooter and defender in the wing position with Pau gone so thats another huge plus. This team can get better with a Pau trade.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Gasol has been declining little by little over the years isn't that what aging does?

Yeah, so he should be playing center not power forward.

Whats that?

We have Dwight Howard?

Op, guess its time to ship Pau out for depth.

The fact that he is performing so poorly now it's because MD has him shooting 3s!!!

Yeah, that has to be it. [rolls his eyes]

It couldn't be the fact that he consistently gets bullied down low and doesn't put forth effort (on the low block or on defense).

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, January 05, 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#10 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:02 PM

LMAO

Remember the last season of Phil Jackson? Gasol outplayed by Nowitski, how about last year mike brown system, he's gone also even in this year mike brown's offense and now with Mike D Antonie System

Hooray Lakers Fans :clap2: keep on defending him

Its not the system fault it his heart

33bkfif.jpg

#11 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:10 PM

It's not that Pau is garbage, D'Antoni and Mike Brown are not utilizing him correctly. Pau is a post player, not a stretch 4. That's it. He should get all the post touches that Dwight gets.

Dwight is not Bynum or Shaq. He weighs 265-270. You can't run post isos for him all game and expect him to score. The strength of his game is not his strength, but his quickness & speed. What happened to the dreams of him and nash running pick and roll up top all game? Where did that go?

Pau is still an effective player. Our last two coaches are just dumbfounded on how to use him, and are deadset on believing that two big men cannot both be in the post at the same time. As if there aren't two sides of the court.

NOW

Pau is a [expletive]. He does have no heart at times. He can be physically dominated easily. But when he's engaged and motivated, he's great. I would rather have the Pau that got destroyed in Dallas than the Pau we have now.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#12 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,846 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:10 PM

Pau has sucked for years. This year it has just hit rock bottom but he isn't coming out of it. Trade pau and see dramatic improvement.

#13 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 985 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Pau is garbage.

#14 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's not that Pau is garbage, D'Antoni and Mike Brown are not utilizing him correctly. Pau is a post player, not a stretch 4. That's it. He should get all the post touches that Dwight gets.

When is the last time you watched a full Lakers game?

Because judging by your statement you haven't watched any games for a long while.

Pau gets bullied down low, he only shows glimpses of the potent low post scorer he was when we first got him

Dwight is not Bynum or Shaq. He weighs 265-270. You can't run post isos for him all game and expect him to score. The strength of his game is not his strength, but his quickness & speed. What happened to the dreams of him and nash running pick and roll up top all game? Where did that go?

Where did that go you ask?

Now I'm really starting to wonder if you have watched games lately.

Dwight isn't attacking the rim after he gets the ball on those pick and rolls, that's what.

Pau is still an effective player. Our last two coaches are just dumbfounded on how to use him, and are deadset on believing that two big men cannot both be in the post at the same time. As if there aren't two sides of the court.

Hes effective when he's playing center, not power forward.

The reason the last two coaches have been dumbfounded on how to use him is because hes not the same Pau,
hes not aggressive on the low block and hes had a pass first mentality (even when hes setup to score).

NOW

Pau is a [expletive]. He does have no heart at times. He can be physically dominated easily. But when he's engaged and motivated, he's great. I would rather have the Pau that got destroyed in Dallas than the Pau we have now.

He hasn't been 'enganged and motivated' for a while now, its time to let him go.

#15 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,851 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:30 PM

NOW

so how about the last year of Phil Jackson remember his Triangle Offense?

Pau is completely gone at the time and completely outplayed by Nowitski and he is the reason why the lakers got swept by the mavs even the first round series of the playoffs, Bynum and Kobe carried his butt

System is not the problem his heart

Pau is in the stage of declining

he needs to go somewhere and start for a new kingdom like he did in Grizzlies before

33bkfif.jpg

#16 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Come the [expletive] on. Really? After 170 regular season games and two 2nd round exits fans are able to say Pau isn't at fault but the SYSTEM is ? How dumb is that? Do you know who was getting the heat from media before the season began? Kobe. They said Kobe can't coexist with Howard and Nash. He would ruin this team. Guess what, Kobe is making them eat those words one by one. And where is Pau after those 'miracle' Olympics performances? Excuse after excuse. He's turned into an excuse machine. He's become a whining little [expletive] who can't do a simple task asked from him. This [expletive]ing piece of [expletive] was saying after shooting 2-3 treys a game that he is confident in his shooting, he could knock down those jumpers comfortably. What happens in next 5 games? He can't shoot for [expletive], then whines about lack of touches in the post. Really? Does he think we are stupid? We can't see what's going on there?

It's about time, Pau. January 15. The day you officially become an ex-Laker.

#17 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,949 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:43 PM

You want Gasol to play better?

Send him on his merry way to another team so the Lakers can get some better help.

I've supported Gasol for the past 2-3 years, but with Gasol spewing out the same load of BS he has shown on the court, it's time time let him go.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#18 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:47 PM

When is the last time you watched a full Lakers game?

Because judging by your statement you haven't watched any games for a long while.

Pau gets bullied down low, he only shows glimpses of the potent low post scorer he was when we first got him

I can count on one hand how many times Pau got the ball in a post-up situation this past week. Get your life.

Dwight isn't attacking the rim after he gets the ball on those pick and rolls, that's what.

Please, show me how many times we ran pick & roll. We ran the same two plays out of horns for most of the first half. Screen and curl to the basket by Ron or Kobe, which ended up being Kobe isos by the 2nd half.

Hes effective when he's playing center, not power forward.

The reason the last two coaches have been dumbfounded on how to use him is because hes not the same Pau,
hes not aggressive on the low block and hes had a pass first mentality (even when hes setup to score).

He hasn't been 'enganged and motivated' for a while now, its time to let him go.

This is how I know you don't really watch basketball. Whether he is playing at the 4 or 5 doesn't matter. It's where he gets the ball, where he can score, and where the rest of the team gets to score. Dwight is not a back to the basket, back down the defender and score type of scorer. He can't face up either. Who is our most proficient post scorer? Pau. Who can create out of the post? Pau. Who gets 2 turnovers a game compared to Dwight's 4? Pau.

I said that he is a [expletive]. and lacks heart. I admit that. But we're stuck with him for now, management is probably not going to make anymore moves, and who wants that contract anyway? Would you rather have the Pau that got destroyed in Dallas or this Pau?

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#19 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:51 PM

Gasol failed in the Triangle, in Mike Brown's 4-out-1-in system, in the D'Antoni system... I think it's not the system. Gasol shows no aggression, routinely gets out-muscled in the paint, he can't even take advantage of guys half his size any more. The only question now is do the Lakers trade him now or wait until next season when his expiring contract makes his trade value go way up.
Posted Image

#20 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,949 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:57 PM

Gasol failed in the Triangle, in Mike Brown's 4-out-1-in system, in the D'Antoni system... I think it's not the system. Gasol shows no aggression, routinely gets out-muscled in the paint, he can't even take advantage of guys half his size any more. The only question now is do the Lakers trade him now or wait until next season when his expiring contract makes his trade value go way up.

I'd rather get rid of Gasol now for an expiring contract. I just get irritated when he is on the court, but that's just my opinion, lol.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users