Photo

Dwight Howard, On The Difference Between The Clippers And The Lakers: “They Share The Ball”

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,368 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 07:44 PM

FTFY

Not in that scenario, they'd be too busy doubling Dwight. That's why Hill gets so many shots at the rim when he does it, they don't want to leave Dwight alone.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#22 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,153 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:08 PM

Dwight's right. They play together and share the ball. It's not hard and it's not because of their offense. They didn't do that before CP3 came along.

PG driven offenses HAVE to rely on the PG. When you have the BIGs or other ISO players stopping the ball, the offense disappears.

Steve Nash is a walking offense. There is nothing for the Lakers to learn or change except make basketball plays. Move without the ball, cut to the rim, screen on and off the ball, hit shots...it's fairly simple enough for any team to run...any team with the best P&R PG in the league.

I'm floored by the continued blame the offense gets...the excuses about the age of this team. We ARE NOT playing together. And NO, Kobe ISO is NOT the same thing as Nash running the offense.

Dwight's right. He's absolutely right. REAL basketball heads recognize everything he's saying as basic tenants and fundamental facts of BASKETBALL. If you want to win, you HAVE to play together...not just when you feel like it...EVER SINGLE PLAY.

7511301026_4a46afba50.jpg

Calling it right now:

Andrew Wiggins will be better than LeBron James.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,368 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Dwight's right. They play together and share the ball. It's not hard and it's not because of their offense. They didn't do that before CP3 came along.

PG driven offenses HAVE to rely on the PG. When you have the BIGs or other ISO players stopping the ball, the offense disappears.

Steve Nash is a walking offense. There is nothing for the Lakers to learn or change except make basketball plays. Move without the ball, cut to the rim, screen on and off the ball, hit shots...it's fairly simple enough for any team to run...any team with the best P&R PG in the league.

I'm floored by the continued blame the offense gets...the excuses about the age of this team. We ARE NOT playing together. And NO, Kobe ISO is NOT the same thing as Nash running the offense.

Dwight's right. He's absolutely right. REAL basketball heads recognize everything he's saying as basic tenants and fundamental facts of BASKETBALL. If you want to win, you HAVE to play together...not just when you feel like it...EVER SINGLE PLAY.

You realize that Kobe Iso's mostly only happen when the pick and roll is ran incorrectly when Gasol is in the game right? Nash runs a pick and roll and Gasol rolls the wrong way and to the three point line, and Nash is either trapped because he doesn't want Gasol shooting a three(because Gasol should be rolling to the basket) and he winds up having to bring it back to the top and give it to Kobe in iso because the other shot that would have opened up was ruined because the forward went the wrong way.

Notice when Jordan Hill is in and him and Nash run double screens and Hill cuts to the basket and gets an easy shot, notice how when Hill is in, Kobe gets less iso's?

Hill seems to run pick and roll better towards what Nash wants than Gasol and as a result, the shot clock isn't wasted and Nash doesn't have to bring the ball back to the top of the key and hand it off to Kobe deep in the shotclock which he's had to do 9 out of 10 plays when Gasol is in.

Don't blame Kobe for that.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#24 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,725 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:37 PM

Bold: so if it's not the offense, but they didn't do that before CP3 came along...and it's a PG-driven offense...then it's not the offense? Huh?

Anyway...glad to see you're still wanting to see this team play through Nash, instead of Kobe and Dwight. How's it working out for us so far? How has our three-point shooting been over the last few games? Worst in the NBA?

How many times, since his return, has Nash gotten to the rim? Twice?

Nash was such a hard player to handle back in Phoenix (younger days), he could shoot the three or drive...hard to leave him open out of that P&R back then, right? Well, now that he thinks he can only attempt 5-6 shots a night, where's the threat? Teams aren't going to let Dwight and Gasol roll to the rim (Gasol won't anyway) if Nash doesn't prove to be a threat on the floor.

This Nash offense is what we ran for a while last night, and we found ourselves down by 18-20 points. Kobe took over the game, and especially the 4th quarter, and we nearly pulled it off until Dwight decided to foul out.

Is it going to take ANOTHER 20 games for you to realize we can't run? Will it take another 15 losses to see that this offense CANNOT run through a 39-year old PG while ignoring two superstars?

Yeah, the Clippers are playing through CP3. He's a [expletive]ing superstar. Nash is not CP3. You had that argument in 2004 and 2005, but not in 2013.

But let's keep giving Nash the green light to feed Ron Artest and Jodie Meeks 13-14 shots each every single night, and let's keep watching him and [insert big man here] ruin P&R's because Nash isn't establishing himself as a threat.

As a Lakers fan, it's a head-shaker. If I was a fan of any other team, I'd be rooting for 30-point losses just so you could see why this isn't working...yet, Kobe is having his best statistical season to date, putting up numbers from his FIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS and a higher shooting percentage...but, not surprising to me anymore, you're still putting blame on him.

You're quickly becoming the bad guy, dude, because you don't want to let go of what you were preaching back in October...but, well, eventually...you'll see, even though I know deep down you have already.

#25 kray28

kray28

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:44 PM

A good experiment would be to see what happens to this team if Kobe takes a couple of games off.

Would we get a 4-1 run like we did when Kobe sat out five games in 2010?

I somehow doubt it.
Posted Image

#26 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 619 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted January 06, 2013 - 07:13 AM

Bold: so if it's not the offense, but they didn't do that before CP3 came along...and it's a PG-driven offense...then it's not the offense? Huh?

Anyway...glad to see you're still wanting to see this team play through Nash, instead of Kobe and Dwight. How's it working out for us so far? How has our three-point shooting been over the last few games? Worst in the NBA?

How many times, since his return, has Nash gotten to the rim? Twice?

Nash was such a hard player to handle back in Phoenix (younger days), he could shoot the three or drive...hard to leave him open out of that P&R back then, right? Well, now that he thinks he can only attempt 5-6 shots a night, where's the threat? Teams aren't going to let Dwight and Gasol roll to the rim (Gasol won't anyway) if Nash doesn't prove to be a threat on the floor.

This Nash offense is what we ran for a while last night, and we found ourselves down by 18-20 points. Kobe took over the game, and especially the 4th quarter, and we nearly pulled it off until Dwight decided to foul out.

Is it going to take ANOTHER 20 games for you to realize we can't run? Will it take another 15 losses to see that this offense CANNOT run through a 39-year old PG while ignoring two superstars?

Yeah, the Clippers are playing through CP3. He's a [expletive]ing superstar. Nash is not CP3. You had that argument in 2004 and 2005, but not in 2013.

But let's keep giving Nash the green light to feed Ron Artest and Jodie Meeks 13-14 shots each every single night, and let's keep watching him and [insert big man here] ruin P&R's because Nash isn't establishing himself as a threat.

As a Lakers fan, it's a head-shaker. If I was a fan of any other team, I'd be rooting for 30-point losses just so you could see why this isn't working...yet, Kobe is having his best statistical season to date, putting up numbers from his FIVE CHAMPIONSHIPS and a higher shooting percentage...but, not surprising to me anymore, you're still putting blame on him.

You're quickly becoming the bad guy, dude, because you don't want to let go of what you were preaching back in October...but, well, eventually...you'll see, even though I know deep down you have already.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this..

#27 Galácticos

Galácticos

Kings

• 2,944 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Young

Posted January 06, 2013 - 12:36 PM

Nash never shoots the ball a lot. That's not his game.

CHAD.jpg

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users