47 replies to this topic

#1 Hangtime

Hangtime

Rookie

• 18 posts
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:08 AM

In my opinion, the head honcho of all professional organizations determines the quality of the services and products finally presented in the market place. Jim Buss' dubious interpersonal skills and emerging character defects let alone likely alcohol or chemical dependencies threaten to rot the hopes of Laker nation from the top down. Apologists for nepotism driven power elites, defend Jim because he landed Howard and Nash but he also was responsible for the obvious bad hires of Brown and Dantoni. Magic seems to agree as he speaks his mind on stage. This organization is nosediving in class and until Jimmy Boy is dethroned don't hold your breath waiting for another ring.

Edited by Hangtime, January 05, 2013 - 08:09 AM.

#2 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:15 AM

I don't believe in Jim Buss as well. :clap2:

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#3 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,824 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:19 AM

Sign me up for this program. Where's the petition for Jeannie to take the helm?

#4 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:59 AM

Magic shut the [expletive] up. The dude is a clown. All he does is diss the franchise. It's funny to me how when we got Nash and Dwight everyone praised Mitch which is fine, but failed to give Jimmy any credit. People said he wouldn't be willing to trade Andrew and he did. Also for the last [expletive]ing time neither him nor Mitch pulled the trigger on Mike D'Antoni. It was Jerry.
htCCl0m.png

#5 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,217 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Magic shut the [expletive] up. The dude is a clown. All he does is diss the franchise.

This

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:05 AM

I'll say this again, for someone that supposedly "respects" Dr. Jerry Buss, he sure disses his family a lot.

Ever since Magic solid his stake in ownership, he has had nothing good to say.

#7 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Go suck Lebron's dick Magic.

#8 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,086 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:54 AM

Seriously, I have enough of Magic Johnson and Stephen A. Smith saying Jim Buss is the main reason the Lakers are struggling right now or Pau Gasol is in the wrong system. Both of these so called "analysts" don't know what they are saying. First of all, it is Jerry Buss who is the one who picked Mike D'Antoni NOT Jim Buss. Second, like I said before, even if Phil Jackson was the coach of this team they would still lose. Yes, he might give them the better opportunity to win games but it doesn't mean it would result into wins. Third, at this point, there is no coach who can help Pau Gasol. You gotta remember Phil Jackson bump his chest in the 2011 Playoffs. What makes you think Gasol would return to his pre 2011 days with Phil Jackson as a coach.

Personally, the main issue of this team is the players. Outside of Kobe, Metta, Nash, Jordan Hill, Jodie Meeks, and occasionally Howard, this team doesn't show the intensity game in and game out. Yes, I know sometimes coaches are reponsible for the team's effort but a coach can only do so much to motivate a team. Sometimes, the players have to look at themselves in the mirror and say I need to change my mentality.

#9 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:08 AM

SMH

Magic's off court criticism is down right retarded, don't listen to what he says.

Just because hes right about Jim being a tard, doesn't mean hes right about anything else (I mean are you [expletive]ing kidding me, suggesting Jeff Van Gundy would of been a better candidate for the HC job? A simulator coach? LMFAO)

Anyone with half a brain would of nabbed Dwight and Nash if they had the opportunity lets be real, quit over praising Jim for something my [expletive]ing 2 year old would of done in 2K.

Jim is the same guy that hired Mike Brown, then fired him in the worst possible moment and replaced him with Mike I've never won a championship or preached or practiced defense EVER D'antoni who goes ahead and instead of hiring a good defensive assistant hires his brother Dan D'antoni.

Quit sucking Jim's dick ffs, dude is an egotistical moron.

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, January 05, 2013 - 11:09 AM.

#10 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:19 AM

^ Agreed, but its definitely debatable about the whole "JVG vs D'Antoni" argument. JVG actually practices defense, same cant be said about D'Antoni.

In 06-07, the LAST year he coached, he coached a top 3 defensive team and was also 1st among opponent FG% in the league. JVG might sound like a moron on TV sometimes, but his defensive mind cant be denied.

#11 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:27 AM

^ Agreed, but its definitely debatable about the whole "JVG vs D'Antoni" argument. JVG actually practices defense, same cant be said about D'Antoni.

In 06-07, the LAST year he coached, he coached a top 3 defensive team and was also 1st among opponent FG% in the league. JVG might sound like a moron on TV sometimes, but his defensive mind cant be denied.

If this team hired Jeff Van Gundy as HC, they may as well have been asking Dwight to walk out the door.

I'm well aware of Jeff's accomplishments, I insult him by calling him a sim coach because he says some dumb [expletive] on TV (as you already mentioned).

I personally don't like him.

#12 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,867 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:27 AM

The truth hurts.

#13 KarlCalaguas12

KarlCalaguas12

Off The Bench

• 2,086 posts
  • Name:Karl
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 05, 2013 - 11:58 AM

The truth hurts.

I don't have a problem, Magic telling the truth but sometimes he goes way overboard on his comments.

#14 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,349 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:11 PM

Jim didn't hire Phil.

Let's assume this was 100% on him... Do u blame him for Nash's injury. Pau's disappearance? Dwight's back? Bynum knees? Ramon's heart? Kobe's age? LeBron/Durant/ Chris' Paul's greatness?

Vent all you want, but with less than 20 games played by our Big 3 , I haven't given up on this team

#15 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 12:38 PM

Let's assume this was 100% on him... Do u blame him for Nash's injury. Pau's disappearance? Dwight's back? Bynum knees? Ramon's heart? Kobe's age? LeBron/Durant/ Chris' Paul's greatness?

Unless you've seen someone in this thread blame him for all that crap, why even mention it?

May as well add Stern's 'basketball reasons' to that list lol.

Vent all you want, but with less than 20 games played by our Big 3 , I haven't given up on this team

True fans don't give up, good on ya mate.

#16 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:02 PM

The truth hurts.

Except it's not the truth.
htCCl0m.png

#17 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:07 PM

Except it's not the truth.

It so obviously is, the fact that most people can't see it baffles me.

The rest of Magic's statements you can ignore, but hes spot on when he blames Jim for the troubles we have now.

Mike Brown wasn't a fit in the first year, he should of been fired in the off season so that we could of had a training camp
with another coach and we wouldn't be going through the learning experience throughout the season.

Piss poor management, then instead of hiring the guy whose offense won us 5 championships he gives the okay to D'antoni.

So far the Lakers have been playing through Kobe, so why wasn't the triangle a good idea again?

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, January 05, 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#18 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:09 PM

The truth hurts.

Posted Image

#19 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,212 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:51 PM

As much as I dislike Magic's silly tantrums about Lakers on ESPN, the dude is right. Not because of the end result, he's been saying this since the beginning. Phil is the right coach for this team. He knows his business with team on and off the court. The only reason D'Antoni got it over him was Nash. Triangle wouldn't suit Nash, and we are paying for it right now. D'Antoni's system is not bad but with the guys we have, especially Pau, he can't become successful. He's a player-dependent coach. If you get him his players, then maybe but there are too many holes in this team. With Phil, this team would find its place after couple of games. And I believe Phil would get rid of Pau as soon as he came. But, but...

#20 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 8,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:53 PM

I hope Magic understands that Jerry was in on it, too...

Even though Jim Buss is a bit, lol...

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users