#21 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:01 PM

So no blame for Morris who plays like a D-Leaguer most nights because he's a 2nd round pick. Gotcha. Then you'd better not go out of your way to praise him every time he does one little thing right because praising a 2nd round pick that barely gets minutes and touting him as some solution is dumb.

If Morris is out on the floor when it isn't garbage time, he should be productive on at least one end of the floor. If he's supposed to be some defensive stopper (I'm not sure how this idea even came about) then he should at least be able to do the basics and stay in front of his man. You don't pick up Chris Paul 50+ feet away from the basket, that's nothing mindblowing. He's a lost cause on offense and a complete liability in the half-court, makes stupid decisions with the ball, and his defense isn't anything to brag about. He is completely useless on the floor and it's hurting us big-time. He somehow managed to accumulate a -17 in only 10 minutes of play last night. That's almost ridiculous to even think about.

Jamison doesn't play much now so that's a moot point, Duhon may be bad defensively but he doesn't completely screw us over on the offensive end, Metta contributes more on both ends of the floor, and Ebanks doesn't play at all. Morris DOES play, when the game has yet to be decided, and barely ever contributes.

Morris is a big problem because for some reason he's on the floor guarding starting caliber players and getting absolutely torn to pieces while contributing nothing for us on the offensive end. We can't play 4-on-5. He is a liability whenever he's slotted at either the lead or off-guard positions and it's hurting us terribly the last few games. He shouldn't be in the rotation whatsoever.

#22 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,883 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:21 PM

:smh: You guys are crazy

What do you expect? Darius Morris the 2nd round draft pick of the Los Angeles Lakers outplayed the All Star Caliber Chris Paul :woot:

Lakers Fans should realize that Darius Morris has a limit too, don't expect a lot from him unlike Pau Gasol who used to be an allstar playing like Darius Morris

33bkfif.jpg

#23 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:57 PM

What do you expect? Darius Morris the 2nd round draft pick of the Los Angeles Lakers outplayed the All Star Caliber Chris Paul :woot:

Lakers Fans should realize that Darius Morris has a limit too, don't expect a lot from him unlike Pau Gasol who used to be an allstar playing like Darius Morris

THANK YOU I don't think people are being realistic sometimes

#24 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:03 PM

Most of us realize that. His ceiling is low, and he is not that talented.

For whatever reason though, there have been a select few on here who are in love with the guy and defend him to no end. I don't get it.

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:38 PM

Absolutely not, he is trash as far as I'm concerned. Not even a rotational player. However, I do expect him to not play CP3 straight up 94 feet from the basket or to stay right up on him in half-court isolation. That's stupidity. Chris Paul is much faster, much more skilled, and tore him to pieces each and every time. It's basic basketball to NOT play up on a guy that has a speed advantage on you and is known for his ability to drive. If Morris is touted as some defensive stopper off the bench (which he really isn't, he's the definition of average), then he needs to at least be able to do the basics correctly.

#26 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:45 PM

Absolutely not, he is trash as far as I'm concerned. Not even a rotational player. However, I do expect him to not play CP3 straight up 94 feet from the basket or to stay right up on him in half-court isolation. That's stupidity. Chris Paul is much faster, much more skilled, and tore him to pieces each and every time. It's basic basketball to NOT play up on a guy that has a speed advantage on you and is known for his ability to drive. If Morris is touted as some defensive stopper off the bench (which he really isn't, he's the definition of average), then he needs to at least be able to do the basics correctly.

His Defense on Kemba Walker was good though... and it will probably take him a while to actually get it... it took OJ Mayo 5 years to get where is right now... I wouldn't expect too much from him but at the current crisis the Lakers are in I wouldn't wait for him to get it either

#27 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:50 PM

His Defense on Kemba Walker was good though... and it will probably take him a while to actually get it... it took OJ Mayo 5 years to get where is right now... I wouldn't expect too much from him but at the current crisis the Lakers are in I wouldn't wait for him to get it either

Oh, you mean the game where Kemba scored 28 points on 48% shooting?

Yeah, real great D.

#28 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Oh, you mean the game where Kemba scored 28 points on 48% shooting?

Yeah, real great D.

Yea the great defense he played on him down the stretch that got us back into the game

#29 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Yea the great defense he played on him down the stretch that got us back into the game

Alright, so he didn't get torched for a quarter.

Bottom line is he is not a great defender which you are trying to make him out to be.

#30 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:36 PM

THANK YOU I don't think people are being realistic sometimes

Lol you are the one that overrates him.

#31 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Lol you are the one that overrates him.

All I say is that he's better defensively than Blake or Duhon and can get to the rim Better than Both of them

I'm sorry all 3 aren't that good but the difference between Morris and Duhon and Blake is that Morris is LEARNING while duhon and blake have played for years and have a better understanding but can't play defense or offense that well either... But it doesn't look like Morris is getting any better any time soon.... which is really disappointing to be honest

#32 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,474 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 04:01 PM

All I say is that he's better defensively than Blake or Duhon and can get to the rim Better than Both of them

I'm sorry all 3 aren't that good but the difference between Morris and Duhon and Blake is that Morris is LEARNING while duhon and blake have played for years and have a better understanding but can't play defense or offense that well either... But it doesn't look like Morris is getting any better any time soon.... which is really disappointing to be honest

Oh. He is better than Blake or Duhon? They are all trash.

#33 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted January 05, 2013 - 04:01 PM

And that's with Steve Nash back. Yup it's not working, the Lakers need depth. Go get that.

#34 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,272 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2013 - 05:06 PM

-__- really?

Morris can break someone down and score and actually get to the rim off the dribble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users