Photo

Steve Nash: All hope is not lost. This is training camp.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 04, 2013 - 11:25 PM

I don't think they did even interview him.

I know it was Dunleavy, D'Antoni and Phil.

#22 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,746 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 05, 2013 - 10:00 PM

You can learn the offense in a few hours...I could install the offense for them and it wouldn't take a week.

But when you have players that don't commit to the offense, learning it is wasted.

People hated Mike Brown's offense...yet it was very efficient.
People hate MDA's offense...and it's VERY efficient.

What's not efficient is our defense...and the inconsistency in which we run and commit to the offense. Play 5 games within the offense, COMPLETELY within the offense (win or lose) and this team will be ready to roll.

Keep trying to mix in Kobe ISO or Dwight post-ups and it will take us 50 games to roll...which is obviously too late to do anything significant this year.

Stop fighting against the coach and offense we have. Give it a legit chance to work.

#23 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,668 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 06, 2013 - 08:48 AM

And ya know what coach excels at teaching defense and an incredibly effective pick and roll?

Jerry Sloan.

He still would have only had Nash for these past ten games or so. It would have been a physical team but Pau would still be popping instead of rolling on the pick.

Dwight still isn't rolling as effectively as he has in the past.

But as much as I don't like MD, and I liked Sloan after Phil, I think the problem more lies in Metta and Pau. You can't have two below average PFs making a combined 26 million. We look like the Pistons at that position.

SF is Metta and Kobe. That's not too bad if we trade Pau for a serviceable PF and back scoring point guard.

Clips have Bledsoe. Warriors have Jack. Nuggets have Miller. The point is Nash aint outplaying a lot of the 1st tier PGs as it is, so to ensure a + from the pg position, you really need an above average guy back there.

That help can also come in the form of a combo guard but you get Stuckey and Maxiell for Pau, I think you jump on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users