• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 27, 2008 - 09:41 PM

Well wouldnt hurt to have him. Worse case scenario is he gives us what Karl gave us. Best case scenario, he gives us productive minutes and is another big to add to the team.

#42 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 27, 2008 - 10:19 PM

Well I assume they left that spot open for someone who we can count on, so yea it can hurt us.

#43 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted October 27, 2008 - 10:46 PM

NICE..THANK GOD LOL
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#44 Domo

Domo

Based

• 1,001 posts

Posted October 27, 2008 - 10:52 PM

Haha so none of them made the last roster spot (Crawford, Giles, Miitchell, Heath, Karl).

#45 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 28, 2008 - 12:24 AM

Now that you bring up Horry GCMD, I don't think that would be completely out of the question.

His game at this stage and the Lakers' needs could match pretty well. The Lakers could do with another shooter with the amount of size they have and throwing Horry in for tiny stints to drain a 3 or two wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Not to mention another veteran presence and the absolute fan frenzy it would cause bringing him back on board.

Marbury has a tattoo on his head - on the side of his freakin' head!!! That should tell you everything you need to know about the guy.

On a side note:

Do I really see people railing on Yue right now?!

This is ridiculous, nobody in this forum has seen him play any amount of significant time, yet judgments are rendered this fast?! Please! A while ago everyone was complaining about the Lakers not cultivating young talent, now the Lakers have the chance to do that and win rings with a veteran squad, yet some are still quick to judge?

(One theory I have about Yue is that he was also a defensive signing somewhat by the Lakers. They saw his potential and in order to keep him from other teams and have the chance to see what he can do over a 3 year span, they hedge their bets)

Seriously, you can't be serious with the Yue bashing. Please tell me, you're not.

You don't know how much I agree on all issues!!!!

Horry was a guy I was thinking about...but I knew everybody would bag on him.
Steph is a guy I would want LAL to stay AWAY from (skillsets) yet I know everybody would want him.
Yue hasn't done ANYTHING to help OR HURT himself. He's a 2nd rnd pick!!! Give him a year in the league (to work on his stamina and body) and THEN start to evaluate him.

You know what they say about great minds?

#46 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted October 28, 2008 - 12:35 AM

Horry? His game at this stage is horry-ble (couldn't resist...). I don't know if it was because of injuries or something else, but he was useless during our series against SAS, and just looking at his stat line from last season, he's nowhere near where he used to be. The only thing I'd see him bringing to this team is giving that hard foul when things aren't going our way.

Actually, Horry has all of the skills we need off the bench and has just enough in the tank that we could hide him on defense.

He's a 5 (defensively) at this point in his career. We can play him with Pau or LO and let them crossmatch - Horry guards the 5 but Pau plays 5 on offense. He has the midrange game and the passing skills that would both open up the middle and keep the offense humming. On defense, he's VERY good at taking charges. As long as he can stay in front of his man, he will be fine.

I'd sign Horry. But that's just me. Vet min for 10-15 mins off the bench? Or less? No risk, all reward, as far as I can see....

#47 Reallybadeggs87

Reallybadeggs87

Rookie

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted October 28, 2008 - 01:04 AM

This was a smart move for our salary cap. Coby will have an opportunity to get playing time with another team.
Kobe Bryant for Finals MVP!

#48 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 28, 2008 - 02:23 AM

Actually, Horry has all of the skills we need off the bench and has just enough in the tank that we could hide him on defense.

He's a 5 (defensively) at this point in his career. We can play him with Pau or LO and let them crossmatch - Horry guards the 5 but Pau plays 5 on offense. He has the midrange game and the passing skills that would both open up the middle and keep the offense humming. On defense, he's VERY good at taking charges. As long as he can stay in front of his man, he will be fine.

I'd sign Horry. But that's just me. Vet min for 10-15 mins off the bench? Or less? No risk, all reward, as far as I can see....

I personally think Horry is done. Watching him last year in the series against us, I actually felt bad for him because all I saw when looking at his face was all frustration. He couldn't make a shot or even make a play to save his life. I think we should add someone to our backcourt. We have a lot of versatility in our front court, with 4 or 5 people who can play the 3-5 position, while PG and SG is only two people deep, Fish/Farmar and Kobe/Sasha (didn't include Yue 'cause he's still no where near NBA level). I haven't really looked up who's a free agent so I don't know who'd be able to fill that roll in our back court, but that's just my ideal pickup.

#49 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 28, 2008 - 03:53 AM

Good decision by the Lakers IMO.

#50 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,869 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted October 28, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Amen GCMD!

Here's the thing daco - Horry would be the towards the end of the bench! As a 12th or 13th guy on your depth chart you can do much worse.

I think the chances of the Lakers reaching out to him are slim, but seriously Horry's game is right where it needs to be for the role the Lakers need. Everything GCMD said is right on the money! I think even from a PR standpoint Horry makes a ton of sense.

#51 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 28, 2008 - 12:14 PM

Hopefully another team takes a chance on Coby

THuggets, THuggets, THuggets! :P

#52 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:17 PM

i bet no one on this forum would score a single point in a game of 21 against Yue,Karl,and walton... and Walton would knock most of you on your thin wallets. this is my point..these athletes arent garbage...Yue is in a totally alien enviroment, karl is a relatively young player who made the team as an undrafted rookie. Walton is coming off a year-long injury, which he attempted to play through...
Anyway i would like us to trade 2 for one... everyone will hate this idea but...odom etc for Iverson etc. if things dont work out off the bench and if denver absolutely sux
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#53 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:20 PM

i bet no one on this forum would score a single point in a game of 21 against Yue,Karl,and walton... and Walton would knock most of you on your thin wallets.

I'll bet you 50 stacks Real can score a point on Yue, Karl, and Walton. If he scored 15 points on Hinrich in college, I'm sure he can score at least one point on this bench players. Deal?

#54 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:23 PM

Anyway i would like us to trade 2 for one... everyone will hate this idea but...odom etc for Iverson etc. if things dont work out off the bench and if denver absolutely sux

nooo... we're fine as we are.. we dont need someone new to the triangle who will potentially disrupt all the rhythm we have... we don't need somone like Iverson. and Odom fits fine into our team, why trade just to trade?

#55 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:24 PM

50 stacks? u have 50 thousand to bet? anyway ok real can but what about u? He isnt an internet nerd like some members of TLN
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#56 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:29 PM

50 stacks? u have 50 thousand to bet? anyway ok real can but what about u? He isnt an internet nerd like some members of TLN

Yeah, I got way more than 50 stacks. You said no one on this forum can score one point on them and I'm telling you someone on this forum can score on them. I think even LD2K can score one point on them. Chris has a nice J.

#57 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:33 PM

nissan likes game and he has 50 thousand to throw around on bets...great! Your life is so wonderful b/c u know all the members personally...I see why you are the most disliked moderator. 50 stax... no way are u from tha hood

#58 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:48 PM

nissan likes game and he has 50 thousand to throw around on bets...great! Your life is so wonderful b/c u know all the members personally...I see why you are the most disliked moderator. 50 stax... no way are u from tha hood

U mad, B?

People just like to talk crap, but can't back it up. Homie, money talks in this world.

I don't even know them personally, but I'm sure a couple of members here can score at least one point on them.

When did I ever say I was from the hood? :D

#59 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:49 PM

B?
oh you ere from the east coast, explains a lot.. I take back every thing i said.! u win

#60 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted October 29, 2008 - 05:51 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users