Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Posted Image

#42 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,956 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:45 PM

He is having one of his best seasons ever and hes the one hurting us lol.

#43 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:51 PM

I do believe the team needs to learn play without Kobe but they are definately not better without him. I think some of his tammates would be happier but they stand NO chance without him. If we had someone else that could create and finish off the dribble maybe Kobe wouldn't have to shoot so damn much.

#44 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,525 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:28 PM

Ricky Retardo
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#45 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,914 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:15 PM

to those thinking dwight is healthy

do u not remember his original prognosis? he wasn't even supposed to play til december - early january.

2div

#46 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,375 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2013 - 02:05 AM

wtf man ? How many games will the Lakers win without Kobe's 30 ppg ? Who's gonna step up ? An injured and tired Dwight ? A mediocre Pau ? An old Nash ? We need every single drop of Kobe Bryant to even be 15-16 right now .. I'm serious .. I can't understand why people fail to understand that the Lakers are nothing without Kobe Bryant - not because we don't have great players, but because Kobe is the glue for this team, he is the heart of the team.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,964 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2013 - 02:06 AM

OP

5 posts

Anti-Kobe thread

Troll

Bait...

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2013 - 05:53 AM

Posted Image

#49 HQLLYWQQD

HQLLYWQQD

Rookie

• 426 posts
  • Name:Scott
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:00 AM

Kobe is all we got brah..

Maybe if the rest of these gold bricks would step up it would be easier for him..

#50 jasonC

jasonC

Rookie

• 36 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:When Steve Nash became a Laker
  • Fav. Laker:Steve Nash

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Take the exact same roster the Lakers have minus Kobe, Let Nash run the show, things would improve considerably. This team can be even better with Kobe but not if he is playing one on five.

#51 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:46 AM

Take the exact same roster the Lakers have minus Kobe, Let Nash run the show, things would improve considerably. This team can be even better with Kobe but not if he is playing one on five.

I don't think anybody can say anything to change your mind. Somehow you believe with Nash running the show, the Lakers will improve their rebounding, defensive rotations, and replace 30/5/5.

#52 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:47 AM

we're the lakers

stop trying to turn us into the suns

Pau Gasol is GONE

#53 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,458 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:52 AM

Please let this thread die

#54 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:10 AM

Shut up seriously, nobody respects your opinion nor do they care for it.

Kobe is not part of the problem, he isn't even a symptom.

If you don't understand that you don't know basketball.

The Lakers are a basketball team, if you want to see hot potato go back to grade school.

#55 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm going to entertain the idea, just because I believe you truly think it would work.

1) Nash/Howard/Gasol refuse to run P&R, for some reason, even when Kobe is on the weak side. There's nothing that makes me think they would suddenly go P&R an entire game without him on the court. So, that is eliminated from the equation.

2) Kobe is the second-best help defender on the team, next to Dwight Howard. Not even debatable. Numbers prove it, knowledge of the game supports it. That's why he's roaming, and that allows for guys like Pau Gasol and Steve Nash (yes, Nash, who sucks defensively) to be able to contribute in our starting five.

3) Kobe provides us with 30 PPG at 48% FG (last time I checked two days ago). That shooting percentage is the fourth-most efficient on the team. Dwight (who is a big) is obviously going to shoot at a high percentage. Jordan Hill (big man)...same thing, although he doesn't put in enough buckets to make an impact with that percentage. Steve Nash, who is basically that 50/40/90 shooter every year (near it), doesn't score enough at that percentage (just 12.5 PPG last season on his own team, with no Kobe, where they NEEDED him to score).

That 48% is Kobe's career high, also...among the five championships that he was dropping 25-30+ at 46% in...FOUR of those seasons as co-captain and shooting MORE shots per game than Shaq.

4) Kobe is throwing 5 APG, second on the team.

5) Kobe is shooting six threes a night, at 37%, second among those shooting 3+ a night and right there with Jodie Meeks (who is a very good three-point shooter, best on the team).

So let me ask you this: Dwight at 20 a night, Nash doing what he did last year in Phoenix with about 12-13 a night...Gasol never attempting 15+ FGA/G in a season (so maybe 12 PPG)...where is our scoring going to come from? Are we going to give Ron Artest more shots?

And that's just scoring.

Are we starting Jodie Meeks at the two? Darius Morris, who has no shot at defending the position (just like Meeks)? So our backcourt will contain two bad defensive players, and a frontcourt of Gasol (a bad defender), Ron Artest (who will have his hands full defending guys like LeBron and Durant, so he won't be helping anyone), and Dwight? The only chunk of help defense will come from Dwight?

Kobe takes nine free throws a night, at 84%. Who is third in free throw attempts? Gasol, at under four a night. We don't get to the line if Howard and Kobe aren't getting there.

So we become a team that can only score about 80 PPG, with MUCH less help defense and three liabilities (on defense) in our starting five...still no P&R, nine less free throws (which means less fouls for the other team), and we're also eliminating our second leading assists-maker.

What white knight is going to step up in his place? Miami and OKC aren't trading LeBron or Durant to us.

Kobe is going nowhere.

Do you think Chicago wants to deal Rose, now that they are 17-13 on the year without him? Nope, because they aren't ignorant. They know that, to contend, they need Derrick Rose. Otherwise, they will stay mediocre.

Kobe gives the Lakers the best chance at winning a championship. He's the franchise. This team relies on him more than people realize. The Buss family knows it, D'Antoni knows it...and so does every player on that team, including Kobe.

#56 jasonC

jasonC

Rookie

• 36 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:When Steve Nash became a Laker
  • Fav. Laker:Steve Nash

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:55 AM

I am not trying to bad mouth Kobe. He is proving game after game that he can still score with the best of them, however facts show when he takes over so many shots per game the Lakers have an abysmal record. When he reigns it in a bit and shares the wealth, their record is quite a bit better.

Im not trying to turn the Lakers into the Suns but somebody is because they went out and got Nash, then hired D'antoni. Kobe is holding the team back by trying to prove he is still as good as Lebron, Durant, etc.

#57 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,519 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 10:58 AM

Posted Image

ยกHala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#58 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 394 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:01 AM

I am not trying to bad mouth Kobe. He is proving game after game that he can still score with the best of them, however facts show when he takes over so many shots per game the Lakers have an abysmal record. When he reigns it in a bit and shares the wealth, their record is quite a bit better.

Have you ever considered that it's the other way around? When the team is shooting at a high percentage then they don't need to rely on Kobe to score. When the team is not scoring well, they rely on Kobe to put points on the board.

#59 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:12 AM

Im not trying to turn the Lakers into the Suns but somebody is because they went out and got Nash, then hired D'antoni. Kobe is holding the team back by trying to prove he is still as good as Lebron, Durant, etc.

Posted Image

#60 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:16 AM

:laughing:

I did not just read that the Lakers would be better off without Kobe Bryant.

I mean really.

We're better off without a 5x champion and at age 34 clearly still one of the three best players in basketball.

Some people. :facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users