139 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Lakers need to run the offense and pass the ball more.
The whole team is playing badly right now.
This isn't squarely a Kobe thing.

there is no offense when we spread 4 out (leaving Kobe in the corner picking his a$$) & tell Nash to do what he does best with 2 bigs that dont look for the ball off the PnR nor are either a guy a legit threat to make the pick n pop. So after Nash over dribbles for most of the clock they look for Mr bail out & Kobe is forced into countless iso's with 5 secs left on shot clock = a worthless possesion! If Nash is not gonna look to shoot the ball 13-20 times then we are screwed & forced to rely heavily on Kobe for scoring cuz D12 & Pau will stop looking to score when things dont go their way in 1st halfs. We were better off using Bernie's offensive approach = traditional PnR, Princeton, Triangle, & open gym style no real offense just feel the gm & abuse the mismatches.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,651 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:26 PM

3 other all stars?

lol, pau is done, nash is good, but hes no longer an all star, and dwight is playing hurt right now which is resulting in his play looking off on any given night

without kobe, we would probably be the worst team in the league right now

I don't buy the excuse of Dwight being still injured anymore. Sick of it really. It's now January, he's had more than enough time to heal up and condition. Did you notice any problems with him against the Blazers? He was looking like the Orlando Magic Dwight. Then yesterday, he reverted back to look like Kwame in 2007. I'm done with excuses, he needs to stay consistent and get his [expletive] back together.

#23 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:35 PM

I don't buy the excuse of Dwight being still injured anymore. Sick of it really. It's now January, he's had more than enough time to heal up and condition. Did you notice any problems with him against the Blazers? He was looking like the Orlando Magic Dwight. Then yesterday, he reverted back to look like Kwame in 2007. I'm done with excuses, he needs to stay consistent and get his [expletive] back together.

^^If your not buying it its cuz you dont understand the gm of basketball! D12 has not looked like Superman from Orlando at all! All you have to do to determine that is watch him on the defensive end. the offense is no indicator cuz this season he doesnt get the chance to go 1 on 1 as much in the past. He also has 0 spot up shooters so he cant take any pressure off himself if his supporting cast does him no favors. 1 other huge thing is when you are a LAker post 2004 = you dont get assistance from the refs! D12 has to deal with being fouled almost on every attemtpt he makes to the lane. Several swipes at his hands,wrists, & arms that are fouls go uncalled during every Laker game that lead to turnovers for D12, dead posessions, & or D12 getting completely frustrated & retailiating with stupid fouls vs opposing players (normally sending him to bench when he is needed the most). The offense he plays in does him no justice without spot up shooters Period; especially when he is not 100% an able to gorilla his way thru the contact.

#24 jasonC

jasonC

Rookie

• 36 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:When Steve Nash became a Laker
  • Fav. Laker:Steve Nash

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:38 PM

Nash was an all star last year.

Kobe may not average 40 shots a night but he has put that many up. It seems everytime you look at the box score his FGA's are nearly triple that of the player who attempted the second most shots.

Its obvious he is still an elite player, he has proven that. Now prove you can win by playing as a team player.

#25 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:47 PM

He had major back surgery. That is a year process. Year and a half to get to 100%.

Coming back in October probably hurt him if anything because sitting out would have allowed him to lift and condition. We'll see the real Howard next season
Posted Image

#26 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:52 PM

KOBE LEGEND!

DONT YOU DARE TO TOUCH HIM!

HE DOESNT HAVE TO PROOF ANYTHING TO ANYONE ANYMORE! HE DID IT ALL!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#27 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:52 PM

^^Cant be a team without the supporting cast being reliable & consistent! That effort does not come from Kobe passing them the ball SMFH at you! I swear you fools watch gms & dont have a clue at what your viewing. Pau is scared to shoot more than 10 times if he starts a gm 2-8. D12 will never take 20 or more shots per gm cuz the opposing team will foul him before he gets that many good atttemtps. Therefore the only other person that needs to gun more is NAsh. He has the shot to do it but his stamina is still not at his level it was b4 the injury so until a month in he wont be fully comfortable taking more than 8-10 shots. Nash should be taking 13-18 shots per game to take some of the burden off Kobe (his extra 3-5 shots per gm that are bad terrible "Kobe shots") & Pau (since it seems no matter what he does he is gonna get worse as season progresses.)

#28 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:54 PM

i do agree to an extent with OP, im not saying kobe doesnt belong on this team, i just feel as if the offense does become stagnant when kobe starts taking 3-4 consecutive shots, whether the shot goes in or not.

Edited by ALL CAPS, January 02, 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#29 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:56 PM

Lel.

This forum is always good for a laugh.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#30 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 922 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:00 PM

I don't think so.

It would be interesting to see them play without Kobe for a stretch though.

#31 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:13 PM

i do agree to an extent with OP, im not saying kobe doesnt belong on this team, i just feel as if the offense does become stagnant when kobe starts taking 3-4 consecutive shots, whether the shot goes in or not.

Why does the offense struggle when Kobe is not on the court?

#32 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Nash was an all star last year.

Kobe may not average 40 shots a night but he has put that many up. It seems everytime you look at the box score his FGA's are nearly triple that of the player who attempted the second most shots.

Its obvious he is still an elite player, he has proven that. Now prove you can win by playing as a team player.

Wow you seriously are retarted. How do you think the Lakers won back to back championships and made three straight finals appearances from '08-'10? Because Kobe proved he could win as a team player. You gotta come up with something better than that. I'm sure the vibe with Suns fans are all Laker fans are stupid. There are tons of dumbass Laker fans out there but there are also tons who are very knowledgeable.

Edited by LakersChamps243, January 02, 2013 - 04:32 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#33 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:30 PM

I didn't know I was listening to second string EPSN 710 radio still today.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#34 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,746 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'd be pretty confident to guess that if Kobe had to miss 15 games due to injury, you would see Nash and D'antoni right the ship. With Nash they are 3-2, pretty competetive in all the games and wins over Golden State and New York. Yet after a loss Kobe will complain and say it's because they are old, slow, stuck in the mud, etc. which translates to "It's never my fault, no matter what." I think jacking up 40 shots a game when you have 3 other all stars on your team is not the best game plan, especially not night after night.

Someone said the team would be better if Kobe bought into the offense, that is definitely true.

Truth doesn't mean reality in most instances. That's also the case for truth and direct correlation. Kobe can play more within the team concept but that won't fix all of our problems. To say that it will is either overly critical or extraordinarily myopic.

One thing I will say is the Knicks played really well with Melo out for a short time under MDA because of the emergence of Lin. He guided them perfectly along MDA's offensive philosophy and had that team playing as well as any team for a short while...Melo and Kobe are VERY similar to their approach on offense.

That's the only thing I can think of that would even come close to what you're saying...and even then, it's a weak argument at best.

You don't stand a chance at convincing anyone here that this would be a better team without Kobe...

#35 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is Bad For Chemistry

• 6,843 posts
  • Name:Walter Black
  • Fan Since:Breaking Bad
  • Fav. Laker:I am the danger

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:31 PM

http://youtu.be/fFLwMgpQeTY

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#36 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:57 PM

Problem is he takes way too many shots.

Kobe takes way too many shots alright, from haters (like you).

Edited by MyJohnsonIsMagic, January 02, 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#37 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:59 PM

I heard meeks is a mvp candidate.

Posted Image

#38 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,308 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:48 PM

Kobe takes too many DUMB shots.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#39 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,384 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Kobe takes way too many shots alright, from haters (like you).

Lol, I chuckled.

MMiRi9s.png

#40 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,684 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:33 PM

LOL...

Huge cojones on this one...I commend you sir for being brave enough to come on this board and make that statement. I think you have a screw loose but I can't help but applaud your bravery.

As far as this team being better without Kobe, no...I think this team would be better if Kobe bought into the offense but that's not likely going to happen.

Oh well.

Kobe isn't the problem. In fact offense is no longer the problem. More importantly Pau isn't an offensive contributor at this point. Look at both player's impact/shooting %. Why should Kobe shoot less?

We lost last night because no one but Kobe could hit outside(open) shots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users