14 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:42 AM

At this point we're a few games out of the playoffs and time is slowly running out. At this point we need others to start losing to make the playoffs.

I'm not pressing the panic button just yet, but if we're not at the 8th seed by mid-january, i'm going to start panicing, like an insane person.

At this point i would like to see the Lakers start making some moves.
Guys like Sacre, DJO, Ebanks, Clark are obivously not major parts of this team, so make some damn moves with these guys. Trade 'em, cut them, send them to the D-league, whatever. Do something.

Regarding Antawn Jamison and Jordan Hill..... i dont know why these guys doesn't get to play. Jamison just had his 6th DNP-CD, which doesn't make sense IMO. Against the sixers they could have him defend Kwame... It's not quite the same story with Hill, but it's close. Hill was +6 against the Sixers, had 8 rbs and went 5-8 in 19 minutes. Against the Nuggets when we got outrebounded by a guy 6'8'', it was the same story. Hill was the only one in + and he had 9 rebs in 13 minutes along with 9 points. This guys should play some more minutes.
However, if D'Antoni doesn't feel these guys fit into the system, then [expletive]ing trade them and make room for someone who does fit.

I guess i am pressing the panic button a little bit, but i really think something should happen. I mean, why not cut a guy like DJO or Clark and sign someone we can use instead. This is not really the time to start saving pocket-money?

#2 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Have to wait till the 15th to make any moves..

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:48 AM

danish laker fan i like it.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,869 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:48 AM

Cut a player and do what? Sign Delonte west? That could help but the coach and franchise are developing Morris, likely in hopes of trading him in a package.
Clark may be needed financially in a trade. Ebanks is someone they want to move but no takers, and DJO is developing.No one wants him yet.

Trading Pau is the only move that makes sense at this point(maybe Metta) but his value is low and his attributes(height,play-making) are more vital to this team than random pieces.

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:52 AM

Is this really the time to develop young players whose upside is being a solid roleplayer in a few years? I dont think so.

And yes, cut a player and sign Delonte. I'd rather see West as the Lakers starting SG instead of Morris.

#6 TheOriginalCZM

TheOriginalCZM

Rookie

• 823 posts
  • Name:J
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Brian Scalabrine

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:57 AM

I don't think the Lakers will move DJO....he's developing and playing magnificient in the D-league...and what major changes you think the Lakers will do that will involve Robert Sacre and Earl Clark?

#7 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,869 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:59 AM

Mitch and co. rather develop Morris into an asset than get a guy who isn't going to make the difference in a championship.

They looked into it and decided against it due to his personal issues.

It is what it is. Delonte is still out there meaning he has very little value in this league. With Morris getting better and Delonte not, is a business and basketball decision.

This isn't a move about the future, it's a move about practicality.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,476 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't think the Lakers will move DJO....he's developing and playing magnificient in the D-league...and what major changes you think the Lakers will do that will involve Robert Sacre and Earl Clark?

Well, perhaps trade one of them for a future second rounder or cut one of them and then sign Delonte.

#9 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:04 PM

Well, perhaps trade one of them for a future second rounder or cut one of them and then sign Delonte.

Why? Getting delonte does nothing for the team now OR long term. There is no simple solution or trade for the problems facing the Lakers.

#10 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:16 PM

The only way to improve this team to become a contender is trading Pau Gasol. Move him before his market value falls off, we have seen that this team is just an average .50 team with the entire team healthy.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#11 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:22 PM

In before this thread turns into "TRADE PAU NAO!!!!" thread.

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#12 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:29 PM

In before this thread turns into "TRADE PAU NAO!!!!" thread.

LOL!!! That seems to be the trend on this site. Lakers are its own worst enemy.

#13 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 02, 2013 - 02:34 PM

Why? Getting delonte does nothing for the team now OR long term. There is no simple solution or trade for the problems facing the Lakers.

opinion, and not the most popular one.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#14 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:39 PM

From a trade standpoint we would actually have to get lucky. We would have to get an extra piece under the radar that has a breakout 2nd half of the season. Secondly teams are really going to try to stick it to us because of our past success with trades. We didn't get pieces when we had the chance after the last championship and now we're suffering. That would have been the perfect time to unload Metta or Pau or both. By the way; Thank You Mr Stern for bending us over!! I bet we could make a trade with Washington, Detroit, Charlotte or Toronto that would be great

Edited by lakersince75, January 03, 2013 - 04:20 AM.

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,712 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:43 PM

If were not trading anyone by I think the 20th then we should worry but until then dont expect anything. A lot more players are open to be traded then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users