Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,741 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:23 AM

Kobe on Dwight being down on not being physically consistent

Posted Image Mike Trudell@LakersReporter
Kobe acknowledged that it’s been tough for Howard, who “is not physically the same player.” But said he’s “battling through it.”

Must be hard for Dwight, but he needs to suck it up and play hard even with the fact he isn't fully there yet. Not being 100% healthy can't be his crutch forever especially on nights where he floats in and out of games and he needs to mentally deal with the fact his athleticism and timing and muscle firing isn't coming back for a few months. So he needs to stop going into a shell when calls aren't going his way or if he misses his first few shots.

He seems to have trouble dealing with the fact he isn't "Dwight Howard" right now, least not on every night, despite how badly he wants to be for us.

And then D'antoni saying that Dwight got tired early in the game and was frustrated about it the rest of the way.

Dwight really needs to learn to deal with this. Him disengaging himself from games because he's focused so much on what he "can't" do hurts us.

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:40 AM

D12 cant be himself cause he doesnt have a PF that forces the attention from the opposing team & frees D12 up for more opportunities for both rebounds & good low post position. D12 & Pau do not mesh well together. Pau doesnt have any explosiveness nor late reaction effort. D12 needs a more athletic big alongside him. Play Jordan with D12 more plz coach. Get Ebanks on the dame court also.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#23 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:49 AM

D12 cant be himself cause he doesnt have a PF that forces the attention from the opposing team & frees D12 up for more opportunities for both rebounds & good low post position. D12 & Pau do not mesh well together. Pau doesnt have any explosiveness nor late reaction effort. D12 needs a more athletic big alongside him. Play Jordan with D12 more plz coach. Get Ebanks on the dame court also.

Don't blame Pau for his unacceptable struggles. He is not the same player because he's regressed, his post-game is atrocious and he can't hit FTs (he couldn't do that last year as well). I know he is not fully healthy, but he looks like an average center out there.

Edited by Nak, January 02, 2013 - 06:49 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#24 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:15 AM

Don't blame Pau for his unacceptable struggles. He is not the same player because he's regressed, his post-game is atrocious and he can't hit FTs (he couldn't do that last year as well). I know he is not fully healthy, but he looks like an average center out there.

You mean D12 right? At times he does look average but thats cuz of his supporting cast more than himself (not fully healthy).

Pau & MWP hurt D12 when they are on the court with him offensively. Lakers do not have a scoring threat at 4 & MWP horrible shot selections, turnovers & bad misses lead to transition buckets where D12 is out of position to stop the opposing team from scoring.
But I do agree D12 needs to do better & needs to stop his dumb dumb plays/hard unecessary retaliating fouls & stupid goal tends
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#25 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,324 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:22 AM

AS LONG AS D-12 ISNT FIT THIS DOESNT WORK OUT GOOD!

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users