38 replies to this topic

#21 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:34 AM

All the Kobe haters do not understand basketball its pointless trying to get thru to them. Its always Kobe fault no matter how bad the rest of the team plays. They think as Kobe plays better the team plays worse. old tired cliche blaming Kobe as the whipping boy.

Its the same with Kobe as usual 25-30pts, 5 boards, 5 assist; 1-2 steals = all in a dyas work regardless good or bad gm = routine #s
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#22 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,424 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:23 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ls6NSNj73Yw

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#23 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:07 AM

That 1st step though..
Posted Image

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:05 PM

I know his D has sucked but hes manning the ship on O so far, we need the guys around him to rally and continue battling like MWP, MEeks and Hill did. Metta struggled a lot last night but he turned it up late in the game, hit 2 key baskets, a 3 and even made a critical stop. Need guys who can fight play more mins than the duds like Morris and Pau

https://twitter.com/...561144750092288

Kobe is shooting 52.6% in his last 4 games, while playing 42+ minutes in 3 of those 4. He’s averaging 30.3 ppg this season.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:10 PM

I know his D has sucked but hes manning the ship on O so far, we need the guys around him to rally and continue battling like MWP, MEeks and Hill did. Metta struggled a lot last night but he turned it up late in the game, hit 2 key baskets, a 3 and even made a critical stop. Need guys who can fight play more mins than the duds like Morris and Pau

https://twitter.com/...561144750092288

Hill got 10 points against the Sixers defense. Howard got 7.

We lost by 5.

Howard is our 2nd main guy on the team and played lazy defense at the end of the game leaving Hawes open.

I agree with everything you said, but Howard, offensively, and late in the game offensively and defensively was a dud, and after 3 days off that's shocking.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:36 PM

Im giving howard a break. Its not like hes does this every game. Its sad how Morris, Hill, Meeks, MWP play more energy, hustle, and do anything to win. And Pau doesnt do anything. Just sits there in the free throw, looks to pass first and maybe shoots a three. Howard had an awful game vs sixers. But I know hes gonna come back next game. Nash knows his value. And asking for Kobe to play Defense and score 30 points, is too much for him. He would play amazing D if the O is CLICKING. If Howard avg 18-23 and Pau avg 15-18 every game, Kobe would be avg 25 and playing GOOD defense. and his good is to ppl amazing.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Im giving howard a break. Its not like hes does this every game. Its sad how Morris, Hill, Meeks, MWP play more energy, hustle, and do anything to win. And Pau doesnt do anything. Just sits there in the free throw, looks to pass first and maybe shoots a three. Howard had an awful game vs sixers. But I know hes gonna come back next game. Nash knows his value. And asking for Kobe to play Defense and score 30 points, is too much for him. He would play amazing D if the O is CLICKING. If Howard avg 18-23 and Pau avg 15-18 every game, Kobe would be avg 25 and playing GOOD defense. and his good is to ppl amazing.

I like this.

#28 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:45 PM

You know what's REALLY annoying?

Dwight Howard is who he is. He was spoonfed most of his career and now we want him to come in and be Bynum?

He was NEVER as good as Bynum offensively. He's not a guy you want to throw the ball into and let him go to work. Why in the world do Lakers Fans assume he's going to "become" that this late in his career?

We have the best P&R PG and the P&R Big in the NBA...

And we keep going to KobeBall...

And you're shocked we look old on offense?

Defense? How about have Kobe play some...that should help...

Edited by GCMD, January 03, 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#29 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:49 PM

Dwight Howard is who he is. He was spoonfed most of his career and now we want him to come in and be Bynum?

He was NEVER as good as Bynum offensively. He's not a guy you want to throw the ball into and let him go to work. Why in the world do Lakers Fans assume he's going to "become" that this late in his career?

Dwight is much better than Bynum on both ends. He's nowhere near 100 percent and he's still has pretty much the same numbers as Bynum. That's very telling.
htCCl0m.png

#30 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:52 PM

Hill got 10 points against the Sixers defense. Howard got 7.

We lost by 5.

Howard is our 2nd main guy on the team and played lazy defense at the end of the game leaving Hawes open.

I agree with everything you said, but Howard, offensively, and late in the game offensively and defensively was a dud, and after 3 days off that's shocking.

We are asking Howard to do something that was never his strength...he's a P&R player. He can attack in the post when you hit him on the move or when he catches it as SOON as he gets position.

You want to see Dwight be efficient offensively?

Lobs
P&R
Rubs
Hi-Lo
Misdirection
Slip-screens

We are trying to re-invent the wheel. It's STUPID. We know what works. We have a PG who can get him those looks. Why not go to that? Why force something that OBVIOUSLY isn't working?

If we stop trying to force people into spots and run motion sets, we'll be fine. All of the iso and clear outs have to go out of the window.

If not, Kobe will have a great statistical year and the team will suffer...which seems to be a-ok with ya'll.

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 08:03 PM

Dwight is much better than Bynum on both ends. He's nowhere near 100 percent and he's still has pretty much the same numbers as Bynum. That's very telling.

Yeah...no. Bynum has better post moves, footwork and touch on his shots near the rim than Dwight. Dwight is just out of this world athlete who wants to be great, something Bynum can't even imagine.

I'd rather have Dwight but to say that Dwight's post game is on par with Bynum's is inaccurate. Doesn't mean Bynum's a better player...

I've said all of that to say this: they are not the same player. You can't expect to do the same thing for both and get the same results.

What's really telling is Bynum had more lobs and dunks last year than Dwight's had this year. I know Dwight's not 100% but there have been many times he's been open that they didn't even look for that option...and that's his bread and butter.

You want more from Dwight? He's injured so telling him to create in the post isn't the smartest option. How about run things to get him easy shots at the rim instead a lot of KobeISO? Or P&R with Nash? Or Hi/Lo with Pau?

When you get a horse, don't complain that you have to clean up the poop...that' goes for Dwight, Meeks, Jamison and Nash. We knew what we were getting. Now it's time to play them the way they can be successful. No need to go out and get players who have to become something entirely different.

Say NO to KobeBall.

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2013 - 08:04 PM

Howard likely spent more time entertaining guests on the holidays than any other Laker.

Overall, i just think when a team is playing well and the Lakers were, you don't want to have 3 days off.

I think the ENTIRE offense stunk that game but overall this team is improving, no need to play the blame game.

#33 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 08:06 PM

And yes, Kobe...you're playing "great" and your team is below .500...

Congratulations!

(idiot)

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 08:13 PM

What's Kobe Ball? The triangle? Because that's not what we are playing. Just because Kobe has a great game and no one else does doesn't mean it's Kobe fault.

Kobe is our BESt perimeter defender this year including Artest, but as far as "hustling" he is perhaps our least frequent hustle player. I'll take a Top 5 player with that "flaw".

We lost the last game because the team, minus Kobe, was FLAT offensively. Dwight was blocked like 4-5 times. Pau and Metta sucked ass, and Nash is a pass-first, pass-second guard. Meeks Jacks shots, in fact EVERY Shooting guard in the league jack shots, and takes bad ones in the process from Wade to Harden to JR to Monta and it goes on forever, we have the best one in the league without question.

The alternative isn't perfection, it's Jamal Crawford.

Dwight is better offensively than Bynum. Bynum has better touch and maybe 2 more post moves if that. He has better touch around the rim, but Dwight is better in traffic and a much better passer out the post.

Every post I have read is a shot at Kobe, the only guy who won 5 titles, then saved the USA in the gold metal game of 2008. His winning pedigree is beyond reproach.

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 08:15 PM

And yes, Kobe...you're playing "great" and your team is below .500...

Congratulations!

(idiot)

You think you care about winning more than Kobe does. He likely busted his ass for 2 plus hours today trying to do everything HE sees right to help this team.

This dude has been fighting his tail off for the True Lakers Nation for 17 years dude..How can you call yourself a fan, if you overreacting to a series of events that has us under .500 and place it all on Kobe?

Are you serious, or do your emotions truly cloud your ability to judge what's going on out there?

#36 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:11 PM

What's Kobe Ball? The triangle?

Kobe ISO...easy question but you knew that already.

Because that's not what we are playing. Just because Kobe has a great game and no one else does doesn't mean it's Kobe fault.

The offense is not about Kobe ISO...in fact, the offense is the opposite of Kobe ISO.

And Kobe's done more than just "have a great game". He's forcing shots because he's going into hero mode when the truth is, this team doesn't NEED a hero.

Kobe is our BESt perimeter defender this year including Artest, but as far as "hustling" he is perhaps our least frequent hustle player. I'll take a Top 5 player with that "flaw".

False...patently false. I'm not going to waste time discussing something that's obvious.

We lost the last game because the team, minus Kobe, was FLAT offensively. Dwight was blocked like 4-5 times. Pau and Metta sucked ass, and Nash is a pass-first, pass-second guard. Meeks Jacks shots, in fact EVERY Shooting guard in the league jack shots, and takes bad ones in the process from Wade to Harden to JR to Monta and it goes on forever, we have the best one in the league without question.

I don't care about the last game. It's the trend. We have too much talent to not trust the offense. What Nash can do for this team in this offense is a given, a known. Kobe does NOT have to take so many shots OUTSIDE of the offense just to prove that he still can. It makes absolutely no sense.

The alternative isn't perfection, it's Jamal Crawford.

Kobe's been playing just like that...all O, no D.

And everyone outside of LakerLand knows that.

Dwight is better offensively than Bynum. Bynum has better touch and maybe 2 more post moves if that. He has better touch around the rim, but Dwight is better in traffic and a much better passer out the post.

First part is near truth, the second part is absolutely false. I've put that to bed earlier in the season. Dwight is a straight line passer. He passes to re-post, not to create for others. He's gotten stripped in the post as much or more than Bynum last year and has had to force things in the post because he was expected to be a back-to-the-basket C, which is NOT his strong point. That's a fallacy I'd hoped was dead by now.

Every post I have read is a shot at Kobe, the only guy who won 5 titles, then saved the USA in the gold metal game of 2008. His winning pedigree is beyond reproach.

They guy who barely made the playoffs without help.
The guy who put up 81 points in a game and didn't win a ring that year.
The guy who has NOT won a thing without a top 5 Big on his team.

Yeah...that was ALL Kobe.

And that's the point. He can't win CRAP by himself. He has help. It's time to use it, not prove a point.

You think you care about winning more than Kobe does.

You DON'T know me. I'm one of the most competitive people in the HISTORY of the PLANET (LOL).

What I know is I have a pure love for the game of basketball, always wanting and preaching playing the game the right way.

ISO ball is NOT the right way, I don't care who it is...the game is about sharing and playing together and the whole being greater than the sum of the parts.

Kobe is YET to get that.

We are finally seeing what made Phil so great. He's the only coach in the NBA who has been able to reign Kobe in enough to get him to "pretend" to play the "right way".

He likely busted his ass for 2 plus hours today trying to do everything HE sees right to help this team.

Yeah right...if he wants to "do everything" to help this team, he'll watch tape of Nash in PHO to see where he can find shots WITHIN the offense.

If he wants to help the team, he'll stop cheating on D.

If he wants to help the team, he'll take Morris, Meeks and Jamison to the gym and REBOUND for them while THEY get some shooting practice in.

Helping KOBE obviously isn't helping the TEAM...but until you've coached, you won't understand that.

This dude has been fighting his tail off for the True Lakers Nation for 17 years dude..

LOL..."True"? LOL...I was a Lakers Fan before Kobe played his first middle school game...while he was still playing soccer in Italy. I don't need your approval to belong to the "TRUE" Lakers Nation.

How can you call yourself a fan, if you overreacting to a series of events that has us under .500 and place it all on Kobe?

I'm not over-reacting. I'm stating facts. Kobe may be playing well statistically but his team is struggling...and he's acting like it's someone else's fault. He (obviously) thinks he's the best player on the team...yet his success has NO IMPACT on his team's success?

Great players want the W, not the scoring titles. If their team is playing bad defensively, they do their best to play better defensively themselves, not point fingers at others or make excuses like the team is too old.

This isn't a video game. This isn't fantasy basketball. If Kobe scores 100 points and we lose, he did something wrong. If he's passing it 20 times and we lose, he's doing something wrong. There is no way he can accept the praise in victory and deflect criticism in defeat.

That's what it means to be the best player.

We have the most talented team in the NBA.

There are NO EXCUSES I'm going to accept from Kobe Bean Bryant this year. Great players FIND A WAY TO WIN. No excuses.

Are you serious, or do your emotions truly cloud your ability to judge what's going on out there?

I'm more logical and reasonable right now than you can hope to be on this particular subject. I'm not clouded by bias. I love the LAKERS first and foremost.

You are defending a person who just happens to play for the LAKERS.

HUGE difference.

Kobe is NOTHING compared to the LAKERS Franchise. Their history eclipses everything he's even attempted in his lifetime.

The ONLY thing I care about is my Lakers team. Right now, Kobe's not doing what it takes to make them better...he's doing what it takes to have a better individual season...those 2 things are NOT the same thing...

Edited by GCMD, January 03, 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#37 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 03, 2013 - 09:55 PM

Kobe needs to score as much as he can for the lakers EVEN compete in the game. Without his scoring, lakers would be losing by 15+ every game we lost to this season so far.

Players on the team need to know what their role is. Their duty. Some of them know and excel well. Aka Hill, Meeks, Duhan, Morris, and Ron. Nash knows that he has the ball all the time and can score when ever he wants. Kobe knows his role. Shoot and shoot well. Dwight, his role is to defend and tell everyone on the floor where to go. On offense, he isn't the same as the magic Howard. How ever we need to depend on others to score the O. That's pau, pau needs to score as much as he can should be selfish and attack the basket as much as he can. He shouldn't be lookin for Howard all the time. He should demand the ball, get mad, get furious and dunk the ball. Play with a chip on the shoulder. If he can play like pau we like, defenders will be scared of his presence and can use to his advantage. Pau is the X factor just like Kobe said. If pau plays well, lakers will be unstoppable. If not. Trade that [expletive].

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#38 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,104 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:02 PM

First your whole premise is based on Kobe "pretending" to be a team player when Phil was here.
So he doesn't want to win?

You think Kobe takes shots outside the offense because he has something to prove? That's sounds like pure speculation and it doesn't make a ton of sense. Kobe and Metta took shots in the Philly game out of context of the offense like most perimeter players end up doing. Even Barbosa did while playing for the Suns. Are you suggesting Kobe become Raja Bell because in that case let's just trade for a guy like that. I'm sure Nash came here wanting to do as much work with the ball as he did in previous years.

Realistically Kobe is more valuable to the Lakers getting treatment than rebounding for Meeks and whomever. That's just getting borderline silly and childish and certainly highly unrealistic.

We didn't have Nash for most of these losses and Kobe FG% is career high. It's just staggering that you think his FGAs correlate to the losses.

If Nash was here every game, and Kobe led the league in scoring with a career low FG% and Dwight didn't get 4-5 shots blocked because he obviously isn't 100%, and if Pau didn't get his shot blocked a ton this year due to tendinitis and general soft post play, then I would agree with your premise.

If you really love the Lakers, then you should put guys like Magic,Kobe and Jerry West on a level where you can never say "Nothing".. I mean Kobe in his 17 years has his own Chapter in the Laker book. You as a fan aren't even a footnote. As disappointed as you may be about the season, the truth is the truth.

With Dwight playing not at an Elite level, and Pau not playing at a Star level and Nash just getting back in the fold, all of them dealing with injuries, How do we have the most talented team?

this isn't a video game.

You don't want any excuses? that means you want to criticize without challenge. all of those injuries and coaching changes that are polar opposites. That's a factor that can't be ignored.

Again, I think people don't get what defense is. They see a blown assignment and they don't pay attention to all the good defensive contributions that a person makes. A tired Kobe is a poor defender, otherwise I hate to have him off the floor because our defensive IQ drops exponentially when he isn't out there.

Lastly, you are TRYING to attempt to throw me in a group of Kobe-loving laker fans. I'm not that at all. I'm a Laker fan to the core. Has Kobe cost us games in his career, sure. he has pulled games out of his ass, Hell yeah.

5 championships in a 20 year career is not only phenomenal, it's super rare.

You are just one of the many ENTITLED Lakers fans that have actually been ruined by the Kobe era. You think we win because of the organization. yet this organization only has won with guys with GOAT level talent. Magic, Kobe with help from plenty other talent.

Just like Bulls won with MJ
Celtics with Larry
Spurs with Timmy

Kick Kobe out of the door if you want, bring back the 90shad some good regular season records, didn't win a thing.

What I have seen out of the Lakers is Mike Brown had this team in a funk, They played well when he left. D'Antoni changed a lot, and added his system pre-Nash and it was a mess. Nash comes back and a healthier Gasol and we won 6 of 7, only loss being a B2B in Denver.

Had 3 days off and we missed a lot of shots to start the game and second half, dug ourselves in a hole, didn't seem to have the collective passion and fell short at the en of a comeback attempt. Kobe was the only guy hitting shots as Nash passed.

#39 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:19 PM

First part is near truth, the second part is absolutely false. I've put that to bed earlier in the season. Dwight is a straight line passer. He passes to re-post, not to create for others. He's gotten stripped in the post as much or more than Bynum last year and has had to force things in the post because he was expected to be a back-to-the-basket C, which is NOT his strong point. That's a fallacy I'd hoped was dead by now. - GCMD

HEY GCMD. have you watched most games this season? Every game Dwight throws skip passes to the open man, he has proven to be a great passer out of the post, he passes out of the post,to all over the court. Andrew Bynum is the post player who only passes to re-post. Bynum doesnt even pass out of a double teams,let alone make a good pass to an open man like Dwight does. Everyone on this site will agree with me on these points.

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, January 03, 2013 - 11:19 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, ESPN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users