Photo

Rick Carlisle: If Guys Don't Start Producing On The Court I Won't Hesitate To Suspend Them

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

DALLAS – Patience in Big D is running as thin as Mark Cuban‘s wallet back when he could barely afford to holler at the refs from the nosebleed section.

After another blowout loss Sunday night, a 111-86 pasting by the San Antonio Spurs, desperate Dallas Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, one week after ripping his club’s effort in a 38-point trouncing at San Antonio, spoke of implementing radical steps, specifically suspending under-performing players, as a means to jolt his reeling team.

“I’ve got to be inventive and find ways. I don’t have a better answer than that,” Carlisle said. “In the last week, I’ve literally had to scream in the face of two guys in practices and shootarounds to get the point across. And I will do that and I will continue to do that.

“If I have to start suspending guys for not doing things they’re supposed to be doing on the court, I’ll do it and you know, Mark and I will get into it about that, but somehow things have got to change, and it just can’t be about it’s a tough schedule. It just can’t.”

Actual suspensions might not fly, but the notion itself lends to a level of desperation that proves how quickly the season is slipping away. Carlisle can certainly choose to sit underachievers on the bench, not that he has many options in which to turn.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/12/31/mavs-carlisle-threatens-suspensions-to-jolt-his-cratering-team/

Rick Carlisle is ruthless.

#2 Falco45

Falco45

Rookie

• 44 posts
  • Name:Gabrielle Cordero
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:00 PM

ok jim carrey

#3 androsays

androsays