#61 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2012 - 12:46 PM

You can counter speed with athleticism. It doesn't need to be young guys, just athletic players. This team is sorely lacking in that department. I was in favor of trying to get an athletic wing all summer, but the opportunity to get that type of player never came up.

#62 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 06:17 PM

You can counter speed with athleticism. It doesn't need to be young guys, just athletic players. This team is sorely lacking in that department. I was in favor of trying to get an athletic wing all summer, but the opportunity to get that type of player never came up.

Ok, this I can mostly agree with. I guess an athletic older player would be fine, but those guys tend to not be as athletic, not have the same stamina, or more injury prone as youthful players. I think athleticism and youth are almost interchangeable, with a few exceptions of course and vice versa(not all youth are athletic).

Maybe I should make this clear: when I say youth, I mean below 30. I realize non-lottery 1st or 2nd year players shouldn't be relied upon to contribute, so the age range is probably 24-29 for me.

Edited by Japago, December 31, 2012 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image

#63 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:43 AM

They WILL miss the postseason. They remind me of the Angels this year. Stacked roster but extremely inconsistent play with the same old excuses after every loss while asking for patience and time and missed the playoffs. Time is running out, and fast.

#64 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 02, 2013 - 01:32 AM

Yep, the Angels thought you could win the championship on paper, just like the Lakers apparently think.

Now they're finding out in quick fashion that you actually have to show up night in and night out when the target is on your back like it always is here in L.A..

#65 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,220 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:24 AM

LA potentially "could" make the Finals this year also
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#66 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:57 AM

The easiest part of the schedule is now gone. We have in the horizon some tough road trips and if we want to make the playoffs, we have to beat elite teams and win in their home floors. There is no other alternative, we gave up a lot of winnable games before.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#67 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,417 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:34 AM

No Chemistry No Playoffs!! I know most of us are long time fans but you have to admit it's becoming more difficult to remain optimistic, find silver linings or excuses. For a long time I've been saying we have to wait until game 25 and we'll be fine. Then we lose to Denver and Philly. This team needs to play with a sense of urgency every night. We need to play more of our benchplayers who are in their contract year so we can see some real effort. It's also obvious that there is some tension between Pau, Dwight and Kobe . If that is the case and it continues then we might as well pack it in and sign our lottery pick next year

#68 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:58 AM

That "wait till January" line is more like wait until the All Star break. Everybody thought Dwight would be 100% by January and Nash would have been playing all this time.

#69 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,880 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:57 PM

we are not going to make the playoffs this year.

this team stinks.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#70 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:20 PM

Agree with Fido on this. It's not a ridiculous notion to contemplate the Lakers not making the playoffs based on what we've seen so far. We're not a shoe in for anything.

That being said, I think they'll make it. They've yet to show me they're anything other than a 1st round exit though.

#71 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:45 PM

BTW, that 1 game difference between 6th seed and Lakers is now 2. Rockets play the Hornets tonight and a Laker loss to the Clippers will push it to 3. Hole is getting deeper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users