#21 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,011 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 30, 2012 - 11:27 PM

Agree but the way antoni is playing kobe i hope injury is not in the cards. Dont care how in shape you are a body like kobes with that many min playing 40 min a game will make antoni regret playing him.

if the Lakers play well and consistently then Kobe won't have to play many 4th quarters :P

Edited by Majesty, December 30, 2012 - 11:27 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 30, 2012 - 11:31 PM

smh

#23 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 01:38 AM

We may not have HCA, but we will make the playoffs. Not making the playoffs with a roster like that is a crime ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:00 AM

You may want to shush this away, but not making the playoffs is a very serious possibility at this point.

#25 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,744 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:24 AM

Greg anthony how about a bet? :bleh:

33bkfif.jpg

#26 Ize

Ize

Rookie

• 90 posts
  • Name:Lathan
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:29 AM

You may want to shush this away, but not making the playoffs is a very serious possibility at this point.

1 game out of the 6th seed with 52 more games to go is hardly what I'd call a serious chance of not making the playoffs. Especially since they've been playing better as a team lately winning 6 of our last 7 games.

Edited by Ize, December 31, 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#27 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:33 AM

At this point? It's [expletive]ing December who cares?

No way in hell a team with four future Hall of Famers misses the postseason.

We're gonna win the championship and everyone will bow down to our greatness.
htCCl0m.png

#28 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,654 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:36 AM

At this point? It's [expletive]ing December who cares?

No way in hell a team with four future Hall of Famers misses the postseason.

We're gonna win the championship and everyone will bow down to our greatness.

very conceited much i see....

#29 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:29 AM

very conceited much i see....

Confidence.
htCCl0m.png

#30 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:34 AM

Very thin line between confidence and arrogance.

Yeah, it's still very much a possibility. You can't say it's only December in respects to making the playoffs then not use it in saying they may not make it as well. This team is .500 - and struggling to maintain at that lowly level.

No matter what you may think they need close to (if not exactly) 50 wins to make the 8th seed. With 52 games left, they have to go 35-17. And like I said a while ago, if they only need 46 wins (as the Grizzlies had in the 2010/11 season at the 8th seed), they still have to go 31 - 21. With the inconsistency this team still shows (yes, even in their wins), you can't just push aside the possibility of them missing out on the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not saying they won't or will make it, but simply pushing it aside. let alone saying they'll win the ring at this point is arrogant and foolish. This team is the far, far away from a championship level. And quite frankly they don't deserve a playoff spot if they continue to play the way they have been all season long.

(I also changed the title of the thread. When quoting somebody, make sure you get it right!)

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,011 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:45 AM

Very thin line between confidence and arrogance.

Yeah, it's still very much a possibility. You can't say it's only December in respects to making the playoffs then not use it in saying they may not make it as well. This team is .500 - and struggling to maintain at that lowly level.

No matter what you may think they need close to (if not exactly) 50 wins to make the 8th seed. With 52 games left, they have to go 35-17. And like I said a while ago, if they only need 46 wins (as the Grizzlies had in the 2010/11 season at the 8th seed), they still have to go 31 - 21. With the inconsistency this team still shows (yes, even in their wins), you can't just push aside the possibility of them missing out on the playoffs. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not saying they won't or will make it, but simply pushing it aside. let alone saying they'll win the ring at this point is arrogant and foolish. This team is the far, far away from a championship level. And quite frankly they don't deserve a playoff spot if they continue to play the way they have been all season long.

You're aware that since the Lakers are literally a win from the 6th seed in the West that ALL the other teams around them like Minnesotta and Houston and Portland would also have to go 35-17 in order to keep the Lakers out of the playoffs and get 50 wins themselves as well right? So you tell me which teams around the bubble do you assume is gonna go 35-17 AT LEAST??? since you're saying at best 35-17 would get them the 8th seed. So what teams around that bottom half like Minnesota, Portland, and Houston do you actually see going 35-17 or better then?

We got Houston, Denver, Minnesota and Portland in front of us and utah and Dallas behind us.

So given your faltering faith in the lakers. Did you ever stop and ask yourself if Denver, Minnesota, and Portland are all 50 wins teams? Did you ever wonder if maybe THEY would even be able to manage to go 35-17 or did you weigh the likeliness of that too? Did you weigh the likeliness of Utah and Dallas getting 50 wins too?

Tell me please :)

Of those 5 teams around us. WHICH three do you see with 50 wins keeping us out of the playoffs? is Utah gonna go 37-15 then? How about Dallas?

Do tell :)

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#32 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:48 AM

My concern is not for the other teams. Houston is playing better as a team than the Lakers right now, if you want some kind of opinion. MInnesota as wsell, has played better than the Lakers. Portland, has the same road woes the Lakers have without the veteran experience, so if any of the those 3 fall off, it's them.

But this is not my point.

I know you want to fight me on this, and the thought of them missing playoffs is upsetting. But, you have to face facts that this terrible first third of the season has put them behind the 8-ball in a big way.

All I was giving you was the number generally needed in the Western Conference to make the 8th seed. History teaches us that that number, is at minimum, 46.

Again, I don't want them to miss the playoffs and I'm not predicting they will or won't make it, but the fact and possibility remain very strong that it could very well happen.

#33 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:49 AM

Dude. We're one game out of the sixth seed. The team has too much talent to not make the playoffs. Trust me no team wants to face a team with three legit superstars on it. It doesn't matter what seed we get with the stars we have we will be very dangerous. Yes I do believe we'll win it all if healthy. I don't believe anyone would beat us four times in a best of seven series.
htCCl0m.png

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,011 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:52 AM

My concern is not for the other teams.

I know you want to fight me on this, and the thought of them missing playoffs is upsetting. But, you have to face facts that this terrible first third of the season has put them behind the 8-ball in a big way.

All I was giving you was the number generally needed in the Western Conference to make the 8th seed. History teaches us that that number, is at minimum, 46.

Again, I don't want them to miss the playoffs and I'm not predicting they will or won't make it, but the fact and possibility remain very strong that it could very well happen.

you're not answering my question.

You just said that you need close to 50 wins. So tell me what three teams from Denver, Minnesota, Portland. Utah and Dallas.

Which of those teams do you see going on a close to 50 game wins run??? Cause 3 would have to in order to keep us out of the playoffs by your math.

So, Denver is gonna do it? How about Minnesota? Or Portland that's just lost 2 straight? Or Utah? I'm sure Dallas you feel is going to bounce back perhaps?

Honestly since you're being critical about it and love to be the one to jump in and play devils advocate. I'm gonna challenge that.

What 3 of those 5 do you see realistically getting 50 wins or "close" as you put it? Which apparently only seals the 8th seed.

or is maybe perhaps there a bigger possibility that those teams won't and that our team may have the best chance at getting close?

If we're dealing with possibilities, tell me. Is it a bigger possibility that Minnesota, Portland, Utah and Denver are gonna go on HUGE runs to end this season and mas possibly 50 wins each along with possibly Dallas. And that the three of them will be so far ahead of us that we'll miss the playoffs. Or is it more likely those teams are going to falter like they have been as they are in a much worse situation than us currently, while we get better?

Do tell, What's the bigger possibility, since we're going by that :)

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 03:55 AM.

#35 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:54 AM

That's great, I hope you're right.

But you also have to face the reality of the Lakers situation right now. That reality is that "potentially" (as Greg Anthony said) missing the playoffs is a very real possibility.

In my opinion, I can see any team currently in the playoff picture taking the Lakers out in the first round. This team has done nothing to instill any confidence in their ability to consistently play to win. They have a lot to prove in order for me to think they're anything more than a first round exit right now.

As a fan, I hope they go on a crazy run and pull a Cinderella story out, but the realist in me also sees that they've dug quite a hole for themselves. Not only is it a mathematical hole, but also a mental hole. They've got a long way to go. - a very long way.

#36 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:55 AM

As I said, 50 is the gold standard for the 8th seed. But Memphis made it with 46 two seasons ago.

So you ask me which teams. Right now I think Denver, Dallas and Minnesota.

Be careful when looking at situations like this that you're looking at it with your head and not your heart. Greg Anthony said they could potentially miss the playoffs, he's right - they could very well potentially miss them. Everyone is jumping all over the guy without looking at where the Lakers stand both in the standings, their heads and their game play.

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,011 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:56 AM

That's great, I hope you're right.

But you also have to face the reality of the Lakers situation right now. That reality is that "potentially" (as Greg Anthony said) missing the playoffs is a very real possibility.

In my opinion, I can see any team currently in the playoff picture taking the Lakers out in the first round. This team has done nothing to instill any confidence in their ability to consistently play to win. They have a lot to prove in order for me to think they're anything more than a first round exit right now.

As a fan, I hope they go on a crazy run and pull a Cinderella story out, but the realist in me also sees that they've dug quite a hole for themselves. Not only is it a mathematical hole, but also a mental hole. They've got a long way to go. - a very long way.

I face the reality of the Lakers situation.

I also face the realistic opinion that Dallas, Utah, Portland, Denver and Minessota are gonna go on massive runs netting them 50 wins or close to it and freezing us out of the playoffs...

And of those teams we have the biggest chance of netting close to 50 and even so, of all those teams I don't realistically see ANY of them as 50 win teams, those in front or behind us. :)

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 03:59 AM.

#38 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:59 AM

That's great, but you can't deny that missing the playoffs could potentially happen, and that's what Greg Anthony said, "The Lakers could potentially miss the playoffs."

Like it or not, he's right.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,011 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:00 AM

As I said, 50 is the gold standard for the 8th seed. But Memphis made it with 46 two seasons ago.

So you ask me which teams. Right now I think Denver, Dallas and Minnesota.

So you think Dallas is going to go 38-13? and that Minnesota and Denver are gonna go 36-16 to close the season? Because they'd HAVE to in order to keep us out of the playoffs accordingly then.

Do you honestly think those three teams have a bigger chance of doing that than we do?

I like our chances if that's the case.

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#40 fido

fido

• 10,829 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:01 AM

The way the Lakers play from game to game, their attitude, their response to the coaching, the way they play defense and the completely inconsistent way they play the game in general right now, yes.

The fan in me doesn't want to admit it, but when you step back and look at how things have gone and are going, that's what I honestly see right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users