#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,702 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:48 PM

With the showdown on the horizon between these two teams, Kobe whom has never been shy about his opinion on the Clippers hype, saying that its great they are excited about a winning streak but that the Lakers had as many championships as they had wins in that streak.

When asked again today, Kobe did not shy away from his opinion about the Clippers

Posted Image Dave McMenamin@mcten
Kobe when asked if he hopes the Clippers are still on their winning streak when the Lakers play them: "I really don’t give a s---."

Ouch. But that is Kobe. He has been in this game long enough, seen win streaks come and go, and seen teams that were supposed to be unbeatable falter when the lights shined brightest, Kobe has made his career of ending such dreams. So he's not the type that gets excited about win streaks. Like the most interesting man in the world said about trophy wives "They are impressive, for a man who has no trophies."
And that is the Clippers, a winning streak means so much to them because they've never had one. It means nothing to Kobe because his goal isn't to win 17 games in a row, it's to win the 17th championship for the organization he has helped bring 5 to.

At the end of the day the focus of Kobe and his teammates are something much higher they are going for a ring and wouldn't be satisfied if they won every single game this season and finished first in the Pacific, if it meant that they would lose in the first or second round. That is the difference.

We will see what team gets who's attention come next year. Kobe will definitely give a...care.. when his team faces his. But until and if they ever meet in the playoffs, that's the last time they'll enter his mind. And that is what makes Kobe, Kobe. Mamba out.

Edited by Majesty, December 30, 2012 - 02:49 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,431 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:51 PM

He's right in the sense that the Lakers need to take care of business and make a statement by beating arguable the best team in the league currently. However, he should hope they cool off and lose a few games in order to get the Lakers closer in the Pacific.

#3 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:59 PM

He's right in the sense that the Lakers need to take care of business and make a statement by beating arguable the best team in the league currently. However, he should hope they cool off and lose a few games in order to get the Lakers closer in the Pacific.

The Clippers are NOT the best team in the league. Let's seem them at least do something when it counts in April, May, and June before we crown them.

As for Kobe's comments I agree with him. He shouldn't care about what the Clippers are doing just what this Lakers team is doing.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, December 30, 2012 - 03:00 PM.

htCCl0m.png

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,625 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:10 PM

#5 Showtime 2.0

Showtime 2.0

NBA Finals MVP

• 108 posts
  • Fan Since:Bryant...to Shaq!!!
  • Fav. Laker:24 16 10 12

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:14 PM

The Clippers are playing excellent ball atm, I give them credit for that. Everybody knows their role, they play with energy, and they share the ball.

http://en.wikipedia....winning_streaks

08 Rockets: 22 game streak - 2nd round exit
09 Celtics: 19 game streak - 2nd round exit
07 Suns: 17 game streak - 2nd round exit
07 Mavs: 17 game streak - 1st round exit

While there are some champs on that list, it really just hasnt meant much lately because come playoff time it is all about matchups.

Even if the Lakers went on a 20 game win streak, I'd still be sweating OKC, Memphis, and San Antnonio if we are matched up with them in the postseason.

#6 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,553 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:31 PM

They are the best team in the league. Obviously by the time the playoffs roll around that could change, but as of right now they're the best team and there's no disputing that. I mean, you could try to dispute it but there's nothing to back it up.

#7 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:51 PM

Winning streaks has always bothered me, especially this early in the season. It could mean the team is peaking now and will sputter in the playoffs or law of averages will take over and the team will lose a chunk of games after the streak ends.

#8 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,283 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:53 PM

Kobe being Kobe

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:57 PM

Winning streaks has always bothered me, especially this early in the season. It could mean the team is peaking now and will sputter in the playoffs or law of averages will take over and the team will lose a chunk of games after the streak ends.

Same, some teams are frontrunners. I'd rather other teams frontrun early and start to falter a bit going into the playoffs while WE are peaking.

Let's not forget, in Phil's last year we CLOSED the season going 17-1 and had nothing left by the time the second round got here.

#10 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 948 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Welp you heard from the man lol Kobe being Kobe as usual.

#11 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 6,988 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:43 PM

the clippers are the Illegal Immigrants of the NBA

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#12 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:52 PM

He said he doesn't give a [expletive] if we play them next friday while they are still on a winning streak lol. It means he knows we need to have the mentality to win every single game we play from here on out.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#13 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,605 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:03 PM

lakers have snapped a few 10+ win streaks...

didn't boston have a 19 game winning streak on christmas day in '08? (if clippers don't lose, they will have a 19 game win streak when they face us)

i remember we snapped a mavs streak too...i think it was 14 or something a few years back, i think i was at that game, i was at phil jackson's 900th win against the mavs, but i'm pretty sure we also snapped a streak

pretty sure there are more, but can't remember the specifics. i want the clippers to have that 19 game win streak going into the game...think that motivation helps us win though they'd never admit it

Posted Image

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:05 PM

lakers have snapped a few 10+ win streaks...

didn't boston have a 19 game winning streak on christmas day in '08? (if clippers don't lose, they will have a 19 game win streak when they face us)

i remember we snapped a mavs streak too...i think it was 14 or something a few years back

pretty sure there are more, but can't remember the specifics. i want the clippers to have that 19 game win streak going into the game...i think we win either way though

yeah I think we came back from 25+ down to win that game too and crushed their confidence.

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Stupid baiting question to ask him.

Why should he care at all? There's enough to be concerned about with the Lakers. I really hate the media. Their tactics are so apparent and malicious most of the time. Just tiring to listen or read any more. I stay away from it as much as I can.

#16 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 30, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yes. The Cavs' streak at home too. Man, 09 Year was really special

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 30, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Yes. The Cavs' streak at home too. Man, 09 Year was really special

I remember that crystal clear. If the Cavs hadn't of rested their starters on the last game of the season, they would have been 40-1 at home that season, with their only loss to us.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,122 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 09:18 PM

Kobe doesn't give a damn, just as most of us here about the Clippers.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#19 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 10:51 PM

its a good sstreak, but if you look at who they played in those 16 games, its been like 2 or 3 good teams, TOPS

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,702 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 10:56 PM

its a good sstreak, but if you look at who they played in those 16 games, its been like 2 or 3 good teams, TOPS

in their first 13 wins only 3 teams had winning records apparently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users