99 replies to this topic

#81 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:03 AM

https://twitter.com/...518447716827136

Of the Clippers' 17 straight wins, only 4 were vs teams currently over .500, and none of those 4 teams are more than 3 games over .500.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#82 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yep, I remember when the rockets had that ridiculous win streak.

You mean the one in 1993? :cool2:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#83 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:04 PM

You mean the one in 1993? :cool2:

Nope.

#84 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:07 PM

The Lakers are below .500 with an easy schedule. Why hate on the Clippers. They beat professional NBA teams for a month straight. They have more wins in a row than the Lakers have period.

#85 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:08 PM

^ Rockets won 22 in a row 4 yrs ago including beating us on their 22nd win. They were also ahead of us in the standings at that point so Rockets > Lakers?

THis winning streak is nice but lets see where they are come March and April

Edited by MDI, January 02, 2013 - 12:09 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#86 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,875 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted January 02, 2013 - 12:56 PM

clippers are going to whip our asses on friday.....

book it.
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#87 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,990 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah that's what I was saying. But apparently I was just hating :smh:

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#88 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,702 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:11 PM

The Lakers are below .500 with an easy schedule. Why hate on the Clippers. They beat professional NBA teams for a month straight. They have more wins in a row than the Lakers have period.

i think people are just bitter and jealous of the clippers. They have a streak and thats good for then. People say lets see were they are come playoff time and that is 100% correct. But they look near unstoppable withCP3 leading them. They are everything we are not rightnow.
Posted Image

#89 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,990 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:22 PM

i think people are just bitter and jealous of the clippers. They have a streak and thats good for then. People say lets see were they are come playoff time and that is 100% correct. But they look near unstoppable withCP3 leading them. They are everything we are not rightnow.

Hollywood, you know as well as I do that if the Lakers lost 4 straight and then went on a 17 game winning streak defeating only 3 winning teams along the process a lot of people on this forum would be touting the streak as false hope and that the Lakers hadn't "beaten anyone of importance yet" and they'd wait till a loss like last night in Denver to say that we're "still not there, and a terrible team" ;)

You know it and I know it :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 06:33 PM.

#90 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:55 PM

that win streak the clippers had was impressive for sure. but i think we are capable of beating them when we play with passion. also when we play some defense, when we decide to lol.

Posted Image

#91 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,990 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:51 PM

Clippers getting ripped up by the Warriors too right now but we'll see if it lasts. But right now they aren't looking so impressive when facing winning teams. But what do I know...

#92 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 02, 2013 - 07:59 PM

Clippers getting ripped up by the Warriors too right now but we'll see if it lasts. But right now they aren't looking so impressive when facing winning teams. But what do I know...

They won 17 in a row. The Lakers haven't won 17 games since last season. Lets move forward.

#93 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,990 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:26 PM

They won 17 in a row. The Lakers haven't won 17 games since last season. Lets move forward.

Only 3 were winning teams like I said back then. They aren't impressive if forced to pay a halfcourt set, which I said back then. And that they still had flaws that would cost them in the playoffs which is why I didn't get excited.

Suddenly our victory against the Warriors doesn't look so "meaningless" does it?

We faced more winning teams in our 6-1 streak than they did in 17. But when I mentioned that it was unheard of cause a "streak" means everything no matter who they faced but as was said before, when faced with a legit team that's top in the league that can slow them to a halfcourt set a majority of their plays look broken unless Crawford is hot since they are trying to use him the way OKC used Harden.

Which is why people don't worry about the Lakers in a 'playoff' atmosphere because in the half court they have success because they don't rely on run outs.

Which is why some were skeptical about the Clippers and what would happen if they had to play a playoff pace in the halfcourt.

They lose to the Spurs in 6 right now.

We aren't doing better but right now I don't see the Clippers going further than a 2nd round exit again.

They only win this game if Crawford bails them out.

Edited by Majesty, January 02, 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#94 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:26 PM

Did you know both lakers and clippers have each won 6 of their last 8 games played lulz

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#95 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,737 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 01:34 AM

waiting for kobe's postage "same old same old"

props to what clippers have done so far, but their mindset was way off in wins after wins, they'll have to figure how to handle things in losses. it might take them more than lakers game to get back on track ..

Anyways, the game is mentally more than it is physically.
for the lakers, it will be an emotional win.

#96 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,271 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 03, 2013 - 02:06 AM

clippers are struggling now..same are we

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#97 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,355 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted January 03, 2013 - 04:18 AM

So let me get this right. We talk about the Clippers only beating a few good teams during the streak, but we have have been losing to everyone. Good Teams Bad Teams Teams with new coaches, pieced together teams etc. So stop it. 17 games is no joke under any circumstances. If we had any chemistry at all we would have run off 9 or 10.

#98 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,990 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 04:36 AM

So let me get this right. We talk about the Clippers only beating a few good teams during the streak, but we have have been losing to everyone. Good Teams Bad Teams Teams with new coaches, pieced together teams etc. So stop it. 17 games is no joke under any circumstances. If we had any chemistry at all we would have run off 9 or 10.

Like I said, when you look at the Lakers and look at the Clippers for progression you're looking at two different things.

With the lakers you're looking for consistency and identity.

And with the Clippers you're looking to see if they are fixing the problems that would get them beat in the playoffs because they have and identity and consistency with how they play and how they win.

I said it weeks ago that the Clippers still hadn't fixed the problems that would get them beat in the playoffs. And they got away with it against a bunch of bum teams or teams in a bad spot, only 3 teams had winning records. Against the Nuggets and against the Warriors(who when we won it was discredited) they slowed the pace down and beat the Clippers the same way they got beat before in that 4 game losing streak before their 17 game streak. They are still the same Clippers team that gets beat and shoots 34% when forced to play a half court game.

If you're a clippers fan you look to see if they improved the problems that would get them beat in the playoffs. They didn't, they haven't and it's apparent whenever their competition is real. So there's reason to worry there.

If you're a Lakers fan you're looking for consistency and identity and you won't be satisfied either.

But they both got problems, and regardless on the "record" of the Clippers, if they think they are going anywhere in the playoffs with no halfcourt set, and what little halfcourt set they have being worse than what the Thunder ran 3 years ago, they are headed to another second round exit, perhaps first round depending on who they face.

Two different things to look for, and two different reasons to worry for these teams.

Edited by Majesty, January 03, 2013 - 04:37 AM.

#99 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 03, 2013 - 05:25 AM

No surprise that the Clippers lost again. Pretty common really when the "tension" of a long winning streak is snapped, for teams to cough up another on real quickly.

But now, they've lost two straight, and should regain focus before heading home to play the Lakers.

Both teams should be ready on Friday night. Hopefully, we'll see the same Dwight we saw against Portland.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#100 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,990 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 05:46 AM

No surprise that the Clippers lost again. Pretty common really when the "tension" of a long winning streak is snapped, for teams to cough up another on real quickly.

But now, they've lost two straight, and should regain focus before heading home to play the Lakers.

Both teams should be ready on Friday night. Hopefully, we'll see the same Dwight we saw against Portland.

Hopefully the same Pau too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users