#42 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,021 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:40 PM

He's right. It's a HUGE part of consistency. Knowing how you want to play, what style is best for your personnel and sticking to it.

I always tell my kids to force the other team to play our game. Only way you can do that is if you know what your game is.

Nash changes the identity of this team completely...in a good way.

"So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself." --Sun Tzu

Edited by -Wade-, December 30, 2012 - 01:41 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#43 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,048 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:41 PM

D'antoni's perspective.

Mike D'Antoni said there's a reason why he doesn't hear it from Clippers fans when he's "out and about" in L.A. ...
"I don’t get out and about," D'Antoni said after the Lakers' practice Sunday. "I’m too old to get out and about. Out, sometimes. About? That’s been awhile."

As for the Clippers' 16-game winning streak, D'Antoni has noticed.

"As much as you notice Oklahoma City," D'Antoni said. "As much as you notice Miami. You watch. They’re a very good basketball team but I don’t get caught up that they’re across town. You can’t help where they are. But yeah, they’re good. They’re real good and they’re having a great streak, so we’ll have to reckon with them and they’re kind of setting the bar of where we need to get to."

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#44 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:33 PM

Lakers win even if they lose to the Clippers, the Clippers won't have what it takes to battle it out with the Lakers and then continue on to win the NBA title I just don't see that happening now or ever.

#45 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:06 PM

Right now I'd have a hard time picking us in a 7 game series. However, if Dwight continues to recover at a steady rate by the time the postseason comes around, I think we'll wreck them.

#46 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Fan Since:@birth

Posted December 31, 2012 - 12:01 PM

If the Clippers win on Friday, ESPN will blowup with news of the Lakers seceding the city of LA to the Clippers :facepalm:

Edited by Piston Honda, December 31, 2012 - 12:04 PM.

#47 ALL CAPS

ALL CAPS

Rookie

• 129 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 31, 2012 - 01:29 PM

depends on who can control the tempo of the game, i am still not confident that the clippers can thrive when the game becomes a half court game. So thats essentially the main key to a Lakers win

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,048 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 02:46 PM

depends on who can control the tempo of the game, i am still not confident that the clippers can thrive when the game becomes a half court game. So thats essentially the main key to a Lakers win

Know what I'm noticing about our team though.

Even though people loved to talk crap on D'antoni's system, a majority of our points are coming out of halfcourt sets.

And against the Blazers we scored in the halfcourt set as well as beating them on fast break points.

I think given our lineup we thrive more in the halfcourt set and would be a matchup nightmare for anyone in the playoffs because of it.

#49 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:16 PM

Eric Bledsoe and Chris Paul are going to destroy us.... Bledsoe had 10 steals against us earlier this year I think in preseasob

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,048 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Eric Bledsoe and Chris Paul are going to destroy us.... Bledsoe had 10 steals against us earlier this year I think in preseasob

if we were the same team we were in pre-season we wouldn't have gone 6-1 to close the year.

#51 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:06 PM

if we were the same team we were in pre-season we wouldn't have gone 6-1 to close the year.

The only team we beat that actually mattered was the Knicks all the other wins weren't that special

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,048 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:09 PM

The only team we beat that actually mattered was the Knicks all the other wins weren't that special

The Warriors win didn't matter? The Blazers that had won 7 of their last 8 and now have own 9 of their last 10 with their loss being to us, didn't matter?

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 04:10 PM.

#53 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:14 PM

The Warriors win didn't matter? The Blazers that had won 7 of their last 8 and now have own 9 of their last 10 with their loss being to us, didn't matter?

Not really. Those teams are all non contenders. The only teams that matter are OKC, Clips, Miami, San Antonio. The rest of the teams will be exposed by the end of the season. Guarantee Miami isn't sitting around worrying about playing NYK in the playoffs, even if they lost to them by a combined 40 in the regular season.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,048 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:22 PM

Not really. Those teams are all non contenders. The only teams that matter are OKC, Clips, Miami, San Antonio. The rest of the teams will be exposed by the end of the season. Guarantee Miami isn't sitting around worrying about playing NYK in the playoffs, even if they lost to them by a combined 40 in the regular season.

So basically you're saying absolutely none of our wins matter unless they are the top 3 teams in the West and the top 1 team in the east?

You're silly. How about you just give the team credit for starting to find a way to win consistently?

Coming back against the Warriors at their own house with no calls going our way means something.
Portland was touted as playing the best basketball of their season after climbing back winning 7 of their last 8 games when it looked like they were "out" of the playoffs and were considered as playing more 'consistently' than us, and we blew them out.

Our team deserves credit for any brand of consistency they show. Trying to act like NONE of our wins matter unless it's a top 3 team is an overly pessimistic way of looking at things. Because you reasily belittled our win against the Knicks as "oh it's just one game" so I guess that means if we beat OKC it's just "one game" if we beat the Clippers" its just one game.

You tout the Clippers 13 game winning streak when only 3 of those teams had winning records, but when the Lakers beat 3 hot teams only "one win meant something"

at LEAST be consistent.

All of our wins mean something because it means we're finding a consistency. The freaking BOBCATS WIN meant something, because we've been playing with a confidence that we can make a come back no matter the circumstance. Had we not won that game, we wouldn't have had the confidence to come back on the Warriors, and come back on the Knicks the way we did. These are the things you notice and give credit for.

But if you're only gonna be "pessimistic" to the point "oh only if they beat a top 2 team does it mean anything" Then that means that the games for those teams mean nothing unless they are facing someone in the top 4 as well. Because if you're gonna hold a team you hold in low regard as the Lakers to that standard you should be holding the teams you rank above them to a higher one. Which means you shouldn't be giving credit to the Clippers win streak since none of those wins were against OKC, San Antonio, Miami or New York too by that logic ;)

How about giving the team credit for at least finding "some" consistency. The world doesn't fall apart because you give the Lakers credit. Though some fans apparently love to think it will.

Edited by Majesty, December 31, 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#55 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:42 PM

Do you see the Blazers or Warriors getting to the finals?? are they contenders? are they teams that will even go deep in the playoffs?
NO!!
so no those wins DO NOT matter... If we are not beating the Heat, Thunder, or Spurs or even teams like the Clippers or Knicks who are playing lights out then it doesn't matter

#56 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 04:55 PM

Do you see the Blazers or Warriors getting to the finals?? are they contenders? are they teams that will even go deep in the playoffs?
NO!!
so no those wins DO NOT matter... If we are not beating the Heat, Thunder, or Spurs or even teams like the Clippers or Knicks who are playing lights out then it doesn't matter

Depending on playoff seeding, the Lakers are going to have to beat teams like the Blazers or Warriors in order to advance deeper into the tournament.

#57 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 692 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:13 PM

NO!!

You woulda said the same thing about Memphis 2 years ago. Teams change
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#58 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:23 PM

Depending on playoff seeding, the Lakers are going to have to beat teams like the Blazers or Warriors in order to advance deeper into the tournament.

We shouldn't have to worry about teams like that though because of the talent we have on our team... we should be able to beat teams on just talent alone to be honest

#59 Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:41 PM

And the Laker's play has shown that talent alone isn't going to get things done. They need effort and consistency. If they lose tomorrow, but then blow out the Clippers, I'm not going to think they're an improved team simply because they beat an top tier team. I'm going to think that they're still playing inconsistent basketball like they've been doing all season long and it will be a dog fight to clinch a 6-8 seed.

Edited by Piston Honda, December 31, 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#60 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,851 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 31, 2012 - 06:05 PM

are u guys kidding me? we're 15-15, every win is important regardless of who we're playing. we're fighting for the playoffs at this point.

and even if it were the flipside, and we we're the ones with a 25-6 record and a 17 game win streak. this is a championship contending team, everybody knows that. there should be no moral victories (or losses for that matter) at this point. every win is important - whether it's the heat, thunder, blazers, or bobcats we should be winning regardless of who's put in front of us.

2div

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users