• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:39 PM

Based on what? Your hopes? ANY measureable metric would suggest that the Lakers would lose and lose decisively.

Um because we've beaten Chris Paul before in the playoffs?

THeres no road travel here even if the Clippers have the higher seend its still a Laker building. We beat these guys 2 out of 3 times last year. They dont have an answer for Kobe...he dropped 40 on them this year and he averaged 32 vs them last year on 53% shooting

Pau also matches up very well with them ....10 points 5/9 shooting 14 rebs this year. Last year in 3 games 16 points, 9.3 rebounds 54% shooting....he did all this without Nash

And heres how Blake Griffin has done vs Pau...6 for 15 earlier this year, not a good shooting game at all.

Clippers are one of the few teams Pau Gasol plays very aggressively against, he hates them. You seem him do these things to other teams usually?

We match up very well vs the Clippers team

Edited by MDI, December 29, 2012 - 03:41 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#22 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,123 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:44 PM

Also to add a lot of Lakers fan show up to Clippers home because prices are cheaper.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,727 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:46 PM

THeres no road travel here even if the Clippers have the higher seend its still a Laker building. We beat these guys 2 out of 3 times last year. They dont have an answer for Kobe...he dropped 40 on them this year and he averaged 32 vs them last year on 53% shooting

Pau also matches up very well with them ....10 points 5/9 shooting 14 rebs this year. Last year in 3 games 16 points, 9.3 rebounds 54% shooting....he did all this without Nash

And heres how Blake Griffin has done vs Pau...6 for 15 earlier this year, not a good shooting game at all.

Clippers are one of the few teams Pau Gasol plays very aggressively against, he hates them. You seem him do these things to other teams usually?

Well hopefully Pau keeps his "I can get my shot anytime I want and hit a shot from anywhere in this system" swagger and aggression going into this Clippers game.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:52 PM

His team then and his team now are completely different and he's surronded by MUCH more talent

#25 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,727 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:00 PM

His team then and his team now are completely different and he's surronded by MUCH more talent

So are we

Derek Fisher to Steve Nash
Andrew Bynum to Dwight Howard
Jason Kapono to Jordan Hill
Andrew Goudelock to Jodie Meeks

We just don't have an identity yet. But Nash being here will help that process, that's why I said we can't say yet.

However having a point guard like Nash getting us good shots and less turnovers in that situation will give the Clippers less chance to "run" and they'd have to beat us with their half court game. That's why we have been able to beat them because we slow down their pace.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#26 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,178 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:06 PM

So are we

Derek Fisher to Steve Nash
Andrew Bynum to Dwight Howard
Jason Kapono to Jordan Hill
Andrew Goudelock to Jodie Meeks

We just don't have an identity yet. But Nash being here will help that process, that's why I said we can't say yet.

However having a point guard like Nash getting us good shots and less turnovers in that situation will give the Clippers less chance to "run" and they'd have to beat us with their half court game. That's why we have been able to beat them because we slow down their pace.

Enough with the identity stuff.

#27 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:10 PM

with the lakers right now, Clippers all the way

Cp3 and Blake Griffin chemistry are so overflow

Lakers are not consistent unlike the clippers

33bkfif.jpg

#28 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Enough with the identity stuff.

He's right. It's a HUGE part of consistency. Knowing how you want to play, what style is best for your personnel and sticking to it.

I always tell my kids to force the other team to play our game. Only way you can do that is if you know what your game is.

Nash changes the identity of this team completely...in a good way.

#29 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Wolf Children

• 8,472 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:15 PM

When the Lakers play well, there's a good chance the Lakers can beat the Lakers down the road come Spring.

It all comes down to consistency which the Lakers have yet to do.

I will say that the Nail Clippers are the better team as of now.

Edited by Hey, December 29, 2012 - 07:15 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#30 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,554 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:47 PM

Clippers are the best team in the league right now. The Lakers can't get over .500. "The other LA team" would smack us right now, 4-1. None of our point guards can defend ANY of the Clippers guards. Our pick and roll defense is a tragedy, the Clippers have pick and roll players out the wazoo. Maybe come playoff time that will be a better debate, but in my opinion the Clippers are way better than the Lakers right now and would rip us up.

#31 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,190 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Anyone who would argue for the Lakers has simply not watched NBA games this season. The Clips are the best team in the league up to this point. Their games aren't particularly close either. It could easily change. Spurs looked unneatable last year and didn't stand up to OKC. Things can change.

#32 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,044 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Anyone who would argue for the Lakers has simply not watched NBA games this season. The Clips are the best team in the league up to this point. Their games aren't particularly close either. It could easily change. Spurs looked unneatable last year and didn't stand up to OKC. Things can change.

Well, that's why we're guessing how the teams are going to progress through the season.

Posted Image

#33 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:02 AM

don't worry guys we got this. we would have homecourt advantage for 7 games.

#34 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:37 AM

I think we lose in 7 if it started tomorrow. If playoffs started tomorrow i think they could win it all.
Posted Image

#35 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,322 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:25 AM

it depends on our game vs the sixers, if we get some confidence..but its gonna be tough weekend vs clippers and nuggets.. [expletive].

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#36 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,318 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:40 AM

I think we will beat the Clippers! I can't wait to see Nash vs Paul, and we are starting to click.

It's a beautiful thing

It doesn't matter if we lose because this is a Laker town for all time.* :bleh:

Edited by Chad, December 30, 2012 - 04:42 AM.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#37 Listen2TheBeatt

Listen2TheBeatt

6th Man

• 691 posts
  • Name:Colin
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ariza

Posted December 30, 2012 - 07:16 AM

Well unfortunately I haven't seen a Lakers game since Dec. 18th because I'm in Bali and Indonesia blocks me from watching the game thru league pass or any streaming site. However, I return to LA on Jan. 4th and my dad has courtside tix to all Clippers home games so.... :woot: :dance:
Anyways, can't wait to see Nash finally play in D'Antoni's system and hopefully we can play up to our potential and escape with a win :pray:
Videographer for LakerNation.com & STNTV
Follow me on Twitter @Listen2TheBeatt

#38 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,881 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 30, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Right now, the Clippers. The Lakers are still piecing things together, but they are getting there.

Today we stand no chance. I hope Crawford torches the former defensive player of the year (MWP) again on Friday night so Mitch might realize that this team desperately needs athleticism and perimeter D.

That's a peculiar HOPE. I'd imagine it be best to hope Metta does good against Crawford.... that's what I want.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#39 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 30, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Today we stand no chance. I hope Crawford torches the former defensive player of the year (MWP) again on Friday night so Mitch might realize that this team desperately needs athleticism and perimeter D.

Lol some fan you are. Wanting an opposing player to torch us really? :facepalm:
htCCl0m.png

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 30, 2012 - 10:39 AM

We'd get smashed

Pau Gasol is GONE