#41 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:01 PM

In resonse to Majesty (quote isn't working for some reason),

What you said makes sense, but given the fact that he hasn't played at all in these last seven games despite the many different power forwards that we have faced shows that there is more to it than simply defense. For the case of Carmelo, Aldridge, Faried, sure, that's very understandable when it comes to defense (Hill over Jamison). However, he hasn't come out to guard players such as Hakim Warrick, Chris Singleton, or other bench forwards that other teams have played against us. Looking at the schedule, he should be playing against Parsons, maybe Diaw? The line between stretch 4 and post-up 4 isn't very clear these days. Usually stretch 4's are guarded by Metta World Peace, it does not cause a necessary choice between Hill and Jamison.

Edited by CueTheRain, December 29, 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,199 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:06 PM

In resonse to Majesty (quote isn't working for some reason),

What you said makes sense, but given the fact that he hasn't played at all in these last seven games despite the many different power forwards that we have faced shows that there is more to it than simply defense. For the case of Carmelo, Aldridge, Faried, sure, that's very understandable when it comes to defense (Hill over Jamison). However, he hasn't come out to guard players such as Hakim Warrick, Chris Singleton, or other bench forwards that other teams have played against us. Looking at the schedule, he should be playing against Parsons, maybe Diaw? The line between stretch 4 and post-up 4 isn't very clear these days. Usually stretch 4's are guarded by Metta World Peace, it does not cause a necessary choice between Hill and Jamison.

Jamison ONLY hasn't played the last 5.

The first one was Pau's comeback against the Bobcats where he got extended time.
The second one was Golden State and the correct matchup for Hill as was getting extra possessions and hitting shots and it proved the correct decision as he went 14/8.
The next one was against the Knicks and Carmelo Anthony
The next was Denver and Kenneth Faried
The next was Portland and LaMarcus Aldridge

So yeah, not as big a deal as you thought it was now was it?

You can't make it sound worse than it actually is :) It's exactly as was stated. Especially when you look at the 5 games Jamison has sat.

Makes perfect sense if you look at it and spell it out like I just did.

So yeah. Like I said, it's obvious.

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#43 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,378 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:40 PM

I just hope everything works out and everyone is happy. We don't want Jamison playing because Pau or Hill are hurt. We want him playing when we are fully healthy as a unit and D'Antoni to make his money by figuring out how the hell to get Jamison on the court.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#44 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Jamison ONLY hasn't played the last 5.

The first one was Pau's comeback against the Bobcats where he got extended time.
The second one was Golden State and the correct matchup for Hill as was getting extra possessions and hitting shots and it proved the correct decision as he went 14/8.
The next one was against the Knicks and Carmelo Anthony
The next was Denver and Kenneth Faried
The next was Portland and LaMarcus Aldridge

So yeah, not as big a deal as you thought it was now was it?

You can't make it sound worse than it actually is :) It's exactly as was stated. Especially when you look at the 5 games Jamison has sat.

Makes perfect sense if you look at it and spell it out like I just did.

So yeah. Like I said, it's obvious.

I apologize for the mistake I made about the number of games he sat out, you are right. For the record however, I wasn't attempting to discredit your argument, only discuss it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "a big deal", but I was trying to discern why he hasn't played, as D'Antoni has not given an official reason. Good analysis however, we'll see how the saga turns out a few games ahead. The only problem I have with Jamison is defense, nothing else.

#45 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,199 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 06:28 PM

I apologize for the mistake I made about the number of games he sat out, you are right. For the record however, I wasn't attempting to discredit your argument, only discuss it. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "a big deal", but I was trying to discern why he hasn't played, as D'Antoni has not given an official reason. Good analysis however, we'll see how the saga turns out a few games ahead. The only problem I have with Jamison is defense, nothing else.

Oh I understand. Don't worry :) I didn't mean it in an aggressive way :)

But yes, it is not as bad as things seem. If I see Hill guarding Ryan Anderson then I'll start getting worried :) Good addition to the discussion from you :) keep it up! :mention:

#46 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Just a week ago we had a Jordan Hill should be traded thread now we have people in this thread asking for Jamison to be traded...cant you see it? These are bench guys they have rough stretches during a season due to injuries or poor play or what not, thats why we need them, its called depth. You can count on one when the other guy doesn't have it going. I like the roster as is, hopefully we can add a SF type who can defend a little bit, thats the only missing piece on this team

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#47 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,888 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 29, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Just a week ago we had a Jordan Hill should be traded thread now we have people in this thread asking for Jamison to be traded...cant you see it? These are bench guys they have rough stretches during a season due to injuries or poor play or what not, thats why we need them, its called depth. You can count on one when the other guy doesn't have it going. I like the roster as is, hopefully we can add a SF type who can defend a little bit, thats the only missing piece on this team

I dont think hill ever had a bad stretch though. He was always giving 100% and playing pretty good he just find minutes but MD found a way to get him 10-15 a game

#48 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:01 PM

I'd rather get a backup point guard who can get into the lane in the halfcourt and defend rather than a sf. But ya sf is my second want for this team.

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,199 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'd rather get a backup point guard who can get into the lane in the halfcourt and defend rather than a sf. But ya sf is my second want for this team.

leave it to Mitch to pull something like this off

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=clm7an4

I know we laugh at it now.

But if I threw together Walton, Kapono for Sessions. the same reaction would happen :laughing:

#50 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:32 PM

Trade metta while his stock is high the wizards may be dumb enough to bite.
Posted Image

#51 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,253 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:34 PM

Trade metta while his stock is high the wizards may be dumb enough to bite.

I would not do metta for ariza. Metta is the soul of this team. You trade him, seasons over.

#52 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:55 PM

I would not do metta for ariza. Metta is the soul of this team. You trade him, seasons over.

lol
Posted Image

#53 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:14 PM

leave it to Mitch to pull something like this off

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=clm7an4

I know we laugh at it now.

But if I threw together Walton, Kapono for Sessions. the same reaction would happen :laughing:

different scenario. cavs wanted the 1st rounder. wizards would laugh their ass off with that trade

#54 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,420 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 11:36 PM

Ariza is bad.

#55 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 30, 2012 - 02:08 AM

Ariza is bad.

Ariza is bad because he's forced to take bad shots, when you have someone like Kobe, Dwight, and Gasol on the floor, he's job would be easier. Not that I'm defending Ariza.

#56 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 532 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 30, 2012 - 03:05 AM

I feel so bad for Jamison. The only reason he came here was to play with a contender. Damn shame

#57 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,626 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:26 AM

poor jamison..really
because he seems to be a great guy and he is still talented with 36 years..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#58 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,514 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:45 AM

He will get back in the rotation. I really can't see him riding the bench for the rest of the year, but who knows.

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,199 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:55 AM

He will get back in the rotation. I really can't see him riding the bench for the rest of the year, but who knows.

he won't. He'll come back when the matchup makes sense.

I just hope D'antoni has told him that, I think all Jamison will need is an answer as to why.

I think Antawn is under the assumption that he's done something wrong. if D'antoni just tells him what's up I think he'd feel better about it.

#60 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,232 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:31 AM

With the 19 million dollar man playing at PF, lakers have slim mins to hand out. BUT, Pau can play center when howard gets a rest... so.. Howard and Pau each get 36 mins...meaning 12 mins of Pau at center, meaning 24 mins of PF mins to fill

MWP has been moved to PF
Hill is playing good, and is the lakers best high energy player
Jamison is on the outside looking in.

Metta will get some mins at the SF spot, but, 24 mins to go around 3 guys who deserve time at the PF spot

Hill plays best when he has someone bitting at his heels pushing him for playing time...
But, laker have too many PF's and if one could be moved for quality depth at another spot, that would be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users