Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,509 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Jamison will get another crack at it.

It's just unfortunate that there is a log jam at the 4 with Metta in the mix now.

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:28 AM

Jamison has trouble playing the 3, MWP, Hill and Pau play minutes at the 4 and hes not playing better than them sooo hes the odd man out

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:35 AM

He's just frustrated. No story here.

Glad to see he wants to play.

• 40,603 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 11:46 AM

yo.

#25 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:18 PM

I hope he doesn't get his wish. It's clear we play much better with other people at the 4. If we start losing allot again then yea you will probably see some time for experiments to fix the team but I think were going to see the lakers win a lot more right now. Were playing better ball then we have all year. 6-1 last 7 games and hopefully will get even better soon.

#26 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:53 PM

He's right, his services of 15 minutes, 0 points and 0/4 FG are no longer needed. He was signed to provide instant offense and he has had only two good games so far in 30 games.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#27 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:59 PM

Jamison obviously struggled in the Princeton offense, but once D'Antoni came along with his "D'Antoni offense" Jamison started feeling more and more comfortable. Unfortunately, he hit a dry spell for a couple of games and was benched indefinitely. The only problem is what will his confidence level be once he finally sees some playing time? His situation is somewhat similar to Pau's. He should be around the paint shooting the ball, but he continues to sit on the perimeter and shoot these stand-still threes. Those are not his game and he will continue missing those shots. Jamison is a good rebounder, which put him at a disadvantage being so far from the rim on offense.

#28 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:31 PM

Yeah basically Rashard Lewis is in the same position in Miami. He started the year playing well but when Haslem returned he dropped out of the rotation due to other bigs being better defenders than him. However he handled it alot better when addressing the media saying he understood he was on a deep team and would play whatever role was required. The selfless trait of a true team player is putting team first before individual accomplishment. While I understand Jamisons displeasure at riding the pine as a vet presence he needs to understand this is best for the team at present. Also this should light a fire under him to force his way back in by playing aggressively and hard in practice. The fact is Metta is doing the stretch 4 role at the moment better than him and Hill brings hustle and D. However he needs to keep ready as he may get his chance depending on
the matchups and as Dantoni mentioned he could return. I like Jamison and I hope he hangs in there but if he starts bringing to much negativity to the team then I have no problem us trading him. He took a paycut to play with a contender for a championship so if that requires riding the pine so be it. If he doesn't like it then I just hope we trade him somewhere he's ok with.

#29 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,695 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:57 PM

what can we get for him? just some picks?

how high is jamisons salary?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#30 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:04 PM

Theres no reason to trade him. He hasn't even played next to Nash

There will come a time in this long season where Hill's back start bothering him or Pau/Dwight might be a funk or in foul trouble and we're gonna need him.

Its good to have a luxury like this where we have a healthy guy who can be counted on 15-20 mins but just isn't playing right now

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:08 PM

D'antoni is basically saying that we are a team with a lot of weapons and sometimes some have to be saved for certain situations and that Jamison is a guy where he either would want to play him a lot of minutes(10-50 or 20) or not at all. Because he's not a garbage time guy and that Jamison requested to not go in at garbage time when D'antoni asked him and said he'll be ready when he's needed.

So that's all a good sign, as long as Jamison understands.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#32 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 810 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:08 PM

$1,352,181

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Edited by avcpl, December 29, 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#33 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:13 PM

for yall who are sayin theres no reason to trade him, yall need to let go. might as well trade him for someone who will play(since we have holes at two positions Pg/sf) , and let Sacre be the injury insurance guy who plays ZERO minutes

#34 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:20 PM

for yall who are sayin theres no reason to trade him, yall need to let go. might as well trade him for someone who will play(since we have holes at two positions Pg/sf) , and let Sacre be the injury insurance guy who plays ZERO minutes

For you who is saying that we need to trade him I hope you realize that if you get rid of Jamison then you have to depend on Clark or Sacre if Hill or Pau go out with injury.

The reason Jamison doesn't play is defensive matchups.

D'antoni will use him on stretch 4s like Nowitski and Ryan Anderson.

While Jordan Hill D's up people that fight on the inside or hustle for rebounds like Faried and Lamarcus Aldridge.

it makes perfect sense really as D'antoni said he's matching people up for the defensive assignment which is why Morris starts.

Which is why Jamison has play time against stretch 4s and Hill has playing time against 4s that put it on the ground to go to the basket or attack primarily out of the post.

He'll get his minutes.

Mitch isn't getting rid of Jamison, as Jamison is the best option on this team if Hill or Gasol(who have been dealing with injury) go down or need to miss a few games.

Mitch isn't stupid. He knows if Hill or Gasol go down, that Jamison is a class above Sacre and clark to be given time.

WHICH is why Mitch is shopping Clark, Duhon and Ebanks and is NOT under any circumstances(unless it's something big) attempting to trade Jamison.

Think! It's not hard to see what D'antoni is doing ;) As if him saying it 5 times already never sunk in :)

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#35 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:23 PM

ill take Sacre as the ZERO minutes injury insurance guy. trade Jamison for a player who will play at positions of need. most of us were thinking of trading HIll, THANKGOD we can trade Jamison now.

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:25 PM

ill take Sacre as the ZERO minutes injury insurance guy. trade Jamison for a player who will play at positions of need. most of us were thinking of trading HIll, THANKGOD we can trade Jamison now.

It should be obvious by now what D'antoni is doing. He's playing guys via defensive assignment.

Hill sat games we played against stretch 4s. Jamison sits games we are facing a 4 that puts it down or fights in the post or battles for rebounds. People that would take advantage of Jamison's lack of defense are the guys that Hill guards.

Stretch 4s that take Hill out of the paint(and thus take away what makes him effective for us) are the guys D'antoni plays Jamison against because they aren't gonna put the ball on the ground and try to beat Jamison to the basket, they are gonna try to spot up. it makes perfect sense really. That's why Hill gets minutes against Faried and Aldridge, and Jamison gets minutes against Ryan Anderson. Haven't you noticed?

#37 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:29 PM

It should be obvious by now what D'antoni is doing. He's playing guys via defensive assignment.

Hill sat games we played against stretch 4s. Jamison sits games we are facing a 4 that puts it down or fights in the post or battles for rebounds. People that would take advantage of Jamison's lack of defense are the guys that Hill guards.

Stretch 4s that take Hill out of the paint(and thus take away what makes him effective for us) are the guys D'antoni plays Jamison against because they aren't gonna put the ball on the ground and try to beat Jamison to the basket, they are gonna try to spot up. it makes perfect sense really. That's why Hill gets minutes against Faried and Aldridge, and Jamison gets minutes against Ryan Anderson. Haven't you noticed?

havnt noticed,dont really believe that,because, 1. Jamison hasnt played in 5 games(im sure he could have matched up against a 4 in the oppositions first or 2nd units) 2. Aldridge is a stretch 4, not a post up 4 ,and Hill played against him...

and why not let Hill crash at least the offensive boards ALL the time(against any matchup),thats way more valuable than Jamisons inconsistent shot.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:41 PM

havnt noticed,dont really believe that,because, 1. Jamison hasnt played in 5 games(im sure he could have matched up against a 4 in the oppositions first or 2nd units) 2. Aldridge is a stretch 4, not a post up 4 ,and Hill played against him...

and why not let Hill crash at least the offensive boards ALL the time(against any matchup),thats way more valuable than Jamisons inconsistent shot.

Aldridge isn't a stretch 4, he does a lot of his attacking from the block with his turnaround jumper and midrange jump shot. Ryan Anderson is a stretch 4 because he takes other 4s out of the paint and attacks from the 3 point line.

Aldridge was matched up with Hill because from where he attacks he doesn't take Hill away from the basket so Hill's advantage(rebounding, extra possessions) is still able to be used.

Against a forward like Ryan Anderson who attacks from the outside primarily and doesn't look to attack off the dribble, Hill would be wasted on, because he isn't gonna get rebounds from that far out, which is why that would be Jamison's assignment.

Too bad you haven't noticed because D'antoni has more or less confirmed that. And has said many times that he's basing matchups on defensive assignments "first" and everything else second. It's obvious why, when I don't see guarding forwards that spend a majority of their time outside of the paint and that shoot threes with Hill on them, and why I don't see Jamison guarding post up forwards that attack the basket, fight for rebounds and attack from the post or block.

Hill defends forwards that attack inside, Jamison defends forwards that stretch the floor and stay primarily on the outside.

What is so hard about this?

#39 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,270 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:48 PM

Aldridge isn't a stretch 4

Name 5 TRUE starting power forwards that are better at shooting mid range jumpers than Aldridge.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, December 29, 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#40 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:48 PM

what can we get for him? just some picks?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users