87 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:39 AM

Just got this out of real gm ... I mean okay he had some off games after his 33 point game but is it really that much to just garbage him at the bench in a doghouse? I like DAntoni alot..but yesterday HE COULD HAD GIVEN HIM AT LEAST 5 MINUTES OF PLAYING TIME!!!!!

Posted Image

Antawn Jamison has fallen out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation in the Los Angeles Lakers' frontcourt.
Jamison hasn't played since Dec. 16 against the 76ers, which was the last game before Pau Gasol returned.
"It doesn't make sense at all," said Jamison. "They're pretty much telling me my services are no longer needed."

Link:

http://basketball.re...ure_With_Lakers

Edited by manaro90, December 29, 2012 - 02:40 AM.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,164 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:43 AM

Been discussed and D'antoni already responded that Jamison was going to get back in the rotation. Just not yet.

Mike Trudell@LakersReporter
D'Antoni said Antawn Jamison is too good a player to play garbage time. He could return to rotation at some point, but out of it right now.

So don't worry ;)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,703 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:44 AM

Yeah but when? In 2013 ? new year new beginning or what? :D Hahahaha....

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,164 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 02:45 AM

Yeah but when? In 2013 ? new year new beginning or what? :D Hahahaha....

Probably. I think it all has to do with matchups and rotations. We'll probably see Jamison defending stretch 4s more often than post 4s that put the ball down and take it to the inside.

As in Jamison won't be guarding forwards like Aldridge. But probably forwards like Nowitski and Ryan Anderson.

#5 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:23 AM

Antawn won't play another game for the rest of the year.

Posted Image

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:45 AM

I wouldnt doubt it if he traded at or a little after the 15th.

#7 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,911 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:03 AM

Been discussed and D'antoni already responded that Jamison was going to get back in the rotation. Just not yet.

He said could,not will. Jamison won't play again this season.
Impossible is nothing.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,164 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:04 AM

I wouldnt doubt it if he traded at or a little after the 15th.

I would.

Jamison is of major importance on this team.

If Hill or Pau are dealing with injury he's the guy that will come in and is capable.

And both have been so he is very much needed.

You're aware if you trade away Jamison then you'll have to go with Sacre or Clark for your size if anything happens to Hill or Pau right?

Think about it.

Jamison's not going anywhere before Duhon,Clark or Ebanks is. He is of too much importance to our team not just in foul/injury aspect, but because of his contract and the fact he "can" get 20. As inconsistent as it may be, he's head and shoulders above everyone on the bench not named Metta, Meeks or Hill.

D'antoni didn't play him in garbage time because he's "too great of a player" for Garbage time. The guys that we saw for the last 5-6 minutes or so of the game like Clark, Ebanks Duhon(when Blake returns) are the guys that Mitch would try to get rid of before letting Jamison go.

Jamison doesn't go anywhere unless we got a PRODUCTIVE big for him, because he's our backup if Hill or Gasol have to miss time due to injury and he's the best option on our bench for either of them. And against other stretch 4s(ones that would keep Hill out of the paint) Jamison may get some time against them. But against power forwards that attack on the inside and put the ball down etc, Hill will be guarding them. You'll see Jamison on the likes of Nowitski and Anderson, but against the Likes of Lamarcus Aldridge or Kenneth Faried. And understandably so.

D'antoni has said he's trying to prioritize matchups "defensively" first.

So when it makes sense and another team has a forward you can match Jamison up against better than Hill. Jamison will get his playing time.

D'antoni just made the decision that he'd rather Hill fight for rebounds with Faried and defend Lamarcus Aldridge over Jamison and if you think about it you'll probably agree.

#9 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:11 AM

I thought he was a good fit for D'iantoni's system ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#10 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,164 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:15 AM

I thought he was a good fit for D'iantoni's system ..

he is. Just tell me.

D'antoni said he wants to prioritize matchups by "defense" first.

Which is why Morris starts.

So tell me against Kenneth Faried, and Lamarcus Aldridge, when you need to have a bench player defending them, who would you rather choose. Hill, or Jamison?

Hill because he fights for rebounds and can play the paint right?

Now look at a forward like Nowitski or Ryan Anderson. Do you put Hill on them? No... why? Because they take Hill out of the paint cause they are stretch 4s.... so it negates the advantages of having Hill out there. So Jamison matches up better against them, why?

Because he's a stretch 4, and they aren't gonna look to take him to the rack or put it on the floor against him exploiting his poor defense AND they play the same distance away from the basket.

Jordan Hill will be matched up against Forwards that play the post and fight for rebounds. Antawn Jamison will be matched against fours that stretch the floor and won't put it on the ground against him.

That's where D'antoni is going with this.

#11 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:18 AM

Well I don't know if Jamison can be a defensive force, but he can definitely get hot and score some baskets.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#12 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,164 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:26 AM

Well I don't know if Jamison can be a defensive force, but he can definitely get hot and score some baskets.

That's why D'antoni is likely to match him up against other stretch 4s that won't take him to the basket or fight him for rebounds under it.

You don't put Hill on a stretch 4 because then you negate his advantage of ripping down rebounds.
You put Hill on a post player or an inside presence he can fight for rebounds.

You put Jamison on stretch 4s because they won't put it on the floor and because they'll be looking to spot up and Jamison can fight them at their distance because of his long range shot in addition to his cutting ability he can make them move their feet.

So it makes sense that Hill would defend the likes of Faried and Aldridge or other post 4s.

And Jamison would defend the likes of Ryan Anderson and Dirk Nowitski(now) most likely or other stretch 4s..

#13 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:31 AM

Antawn won't play another game for the rest of the year.

Well we don't play another game this year so not really going out on a limb on that one sir.
htCCl0m.png

#14 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,164 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:50 AM

Bright spot

Will Antawn Jamison ever crack the Lakers rotation again? Mike D'Antoni addressed it today at shootaround ...
"Probably," D'Antoni said, simply, when asked if Jamison would get a chance to cut his DNP-CD streak anytime in the near future. "Everybody gets another chance. We’re playing nine guys and I’m really liking Metta (World Peace) going and making us small. I like that. We don’t want to lose Antawn because he does what he does, but Darius (Morris), I want to keep developing him. His defense, his energy, his stuff of that sort. But, we’ll see. Antawn is ready to roll if we need him."

In so many words, D'Antoni is choosing the defense of Morris, World Peace, Jordan Hill and Jodie Meeks as back-ups in the SG, SF and PF roles over any offense Jamison would bring.

Jamison is averaging 7.2 points and 4.5 rebounds on the season and once had a stretch of scoring double digits in six out of seven games (including a 33-point explosion in a 19-point win over Denver) but hasn't played a minute in the Lakers' last four games.

"I’m sure he wants to play, as does any player wants to play, but he’s great," D'Antoni said. "He’s a professional and he knows his chance will come around."

Makes sense.

also

Posted Image Dave McMenamin@mcten
@datone88 No. I don't think either side wants a trade. Jamison just has to be patient. Appreciate you reading

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 05:21 AM.

#15 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:29 AM

The reality is Pau is the X Factor. Pau is a center playing the 4 because of D12. At 19 Million per year he has to play and play alot. Jamison was a SF in his day but his foot speed says PF now. Until the Lakers make up their mind about Pau and MWP, minutes will be hard to find for Jamison. JHills production for the money he's making is very valuable also. So, in other words "this ISH is a mess right now" and it's going to take time and the trade deadline passing before players become comfortable again.

#16 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,143 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 29, 2012 - 06:34 AM

DAntoni is an idiot... clear as water

Posted Image

#17 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:18 AM

He should complain to Mike Brown.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#18 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:02 AM

There's just no room in the rotation unless Jamison wants to play 3 again. It's tough, because if you play Jamison then Hill will lose his minutes.
Posted Image

#19 Disturbed

Disturbed

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Fan Since:1968
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:11 AM

I wish players would stop talking to the press when they are not getting playing time. AJ got his chance to prove himself as a regular rotation player and did not produce. If AJ is not scoring he has no other value because he cannot defend. AJ has had a great career but at 36 yrs. old he is not going to get many more chances.
I would still like the Lakers to add speed and athleticism to this team, I Idon't believe they can compete for a championship without it.
NEARLY ALL MEN CAN STAND ADVERISTY, BUT IF YOU WANT TO TEST A MAN'S CHARACTER, GIVE HIM POWER.
Abraham Lincoln

#20 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:23 AM

thought we got this guy for his locker room prescence,,,,and now hes a poison leaking his emotions to the media(on multiple occasions)...hahahhahahahah!
trade this fool already for a player at a position where services are needed!
he had a really good season last year, and his stats arent horrible this year. his value isnt too low. the bobcats want him,btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users