Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,996 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:29 PM

1-4

maybe 0-5

Even if we go 5-0 you won't give credit to our coaching :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#842 LakeShowTime

LakeShowTime

16x champs

• 1,435 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

2 Wins would be great but we would be 17-20...3 games below 500 again

1i5mo.gif

#843 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

D12 nxt
Posted Image

#844 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:30 PM

D'antoni who said that Pau was a better 3 point shooter than Morris and that they didn't miss Dwight after he got ejected because he wasn't giving them much of anything to begin with isn't chastising his players?

But how is D'Antoni supposed to get players to respond to him? His system sucks, he doesn't know defense, he doesn't have the championship experience, etc.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#845 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,672 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:31 PM

Next 5 games gonna be tough....Clippers, Nuggets, Rockets, Spurs, and Thunder

the only likely win i see are the rockets.

#846 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Even if we go 5-0 you won't give credit to our coaching :)

that depends...

will we have won a championship afterwards?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#847 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

2 Wins would be great but we would be 17-20...3 games below 500 again

true but gotta be realistic that is a very tough schedule especially for us
Posted Image

#848 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:34 PM

we could have a 5 game stretch of Washington, Cleveland, New Orleans, Charlotte, and Phoenix and we'd still stink.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#849 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,341 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:34 PM

James is right.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#850 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:36 PM

D morris
Posted Image

#851 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,996 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:36 PM

But how is D'Antoni supposed to get players to respond to him? His system sucks, he doesn't know defense, he doesn't have the championship experience, etc.

Dude his system doesn't suck. It's been shown time and time again why our offense is fine and it gets us wide open looks and opportunities(like it did tonight) and our defense is only giving up one point more than Phil gave up in our championship years.

So if you're saying D'antoni sucks on defense what was Phil? We allow 102 with D'antoni and we allowed 101 with Phil :)

It comes down to the effort of the players, if Dwight is leaving Spencer Hawes wide open on the perimeter it's not because D'antoni told him to do it. If Dwight isn't looking for his own shot off rolls to the basket when both Nash and Kobe are looking to pass to him and he's running with his head turned never looking for the ball, it's not because D'antoni told him to.

Tonight was on the players, Dwight especially down the stretch. Energy wasn't there from him and since he's the defensive anchor and the 2nd guy on our team if he isn't playing with defense or effort it's gonna be a hard game to win any night. He has to bring it every night, and that's something he has to do on his own.

that depends...

will we have won a championship afterwards?

So losses mean everything but wins mean nothing unless they are for championships?

If that's the case are you gonna wait till we lose 4 games to a team in the playoffs to talk about the team? ;)

Edited by Majesty, January 01, 2013 - 10:38 PM.

#852 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,906 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:42 PM

You can coach effort.

And yes Karl, they should know, but they have this sense of entitlement that apparently no amount of losing or terrible games will ever teach them to lose.

1-4 in this stretch of 5, at best. The game against Rockets is the best chance for a win, but there's absolutely no telling any more.

D'Antoni's system does suck. It doesn't win rings. In Lakerland, its the ring that matters not the amount of regular season wins (unless that amount leads you to the lottery, which right now the Lakers are heading straight towards). At best, it wins a decent amount of regular season games. But when it comes down to winning the ring, the system fails and will fail every time. Rebounds and defense wins rings, period.

I am baffled at why you don't see that he was absolutely the wrong coach for this job. And yes, again, for the millionth time (you can keep trying to call me out for this, and I'm not arguing the point), I am absolutely upset the Lakers didn't choose Phil or Sloan. When the team you follow makes a horrible choice for their coaching spot that will ultimately lead this team to mediocrity or the lottery, I get upset. So stop trying to throw that out there like some kind of bullet point to your argument that D'Antoni and his feeble excuse for coaching will pay off big with this team.

It won't. His system wins nothing of importance, nothing.

#853 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,996 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:49 PM

You can coach effort.

And yes Karl, they should know, but they have this sense of entitlement that apparently no amount of losing or terrible games will ever teach them to lose.

1-4 in this stretch of 5, at best. The game against Rockets is the best chance for a win, but there's absolutely no telling any more.

D'Antoni's system does suck. It doesn't win rings. In Lakerland, its the ring that matters not the amount of regular season wins (unless that amount leads you to the lottery, which right now the Lakers are heading straight towards). At best, it wins a decent amount of regular season games. But when it comes down to winning the ring, the system fails and will fail every time. Rebounds and defense wins rings, period.

I am baffled at why you don't see that he was absolutely the wrong coach for this job. And yes, again, for the millionth time (you can keep trying to call me out for this, and I'm not arguing the point), I am absolutely upset the Lakers didn't choose Phil or Sloan. When the team you follow makes a horrible choice for their coaching spot that will ultimately lead this team to the lottery, I get upset. So stop trying to throw that out there like some kind of bullet point to your argument that D'Antoni and his feeble excuse for coaching will pay off big with this team.

It won't. His system wins nothing of importance, nothing.

This logic has been put to bed so many times.

Let me ask you this question.

If all systems that don't win rings suck answer me this question from the logic of the other side.

The Triangle offense has won 11 rings.

So why has NO other NBA team used it?

precisely. :bounce:

Edited by Majesty, January 01, 2013 - 10:50 PM.

#854 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:50 PM

Dude his system doesn't suck. It's been shown time and time again why our offense is fine and it gets us wide open looks and opportunities(like it did tonight) and our defense is only giving up one point more than Phil gave up in our championship years.

So if you're saying D'antoni sucks on defense what was Phil? We allow 102 with D'antoni and we allowed 101 with Phil :)

It comes down to the effort of the players, if Dwight is leaving Spencer Hawes wide open on the perimeter it's not because D'antoni told him to do it. If Dwight isn't looking for his own shot off rolls to the basket when both Nash and Kobe are looking to pass to him and he's running with his head turned never looking for the ball, it's not because D'antoni told him to.

Tonight was on the players, Dwight especially down the stretch. Energy wasn't there from him and since he's the defensive anchor and the 2nd guy on our team if he isn't playing with defense or effort it's gonna be a hard game to win any night. He has to bring it every night, and that's something he has to do on his own.

So losses mean everything but wins mean nothing unless they are for championships?

If that's the case are you gonna wait till we lose 4 games to a team in the playoffs to talk about the team? ;)

We dont have everything we need to really make DAntoni's offense work I told you before and I was right we haven't improved that much with D"antoni or with Nash back. Defense is the issue something that Dantoni won't fix.

Posted Image

#855 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,996 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:52 PM

We dont have everything we need to really make DAntoni's offense work I told you before and I was right we haven't improved that much with D"antoni or with Nash back. Defense is the issue something that Dantoni won't fix.

Our offense is fine. 6th in the league in offense.

When your defensive anchor that chastises team mates for their defensive effort themself decides to play lazy defense down the stretch of the game that is a 2 point game in spite of their awful play, it's hard to win.

Edited by Majesty, January 01, 2013 - 10:55 PM.

#856 fido

fido

• 10,906 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Because other teams that tried to use don't have the correct personnel to run it (and yes it requires specific types of players to run it successfully) or the coach that knows it the best to run it. That's why.

Two examples, Rambis tried to run it in Minnesota, with thew wrong players. Jim Cleamons tried to run it in Dallas years ago, again with the wrong personnel.

No amount of your sarcasm or cutesy emoticons will prove your point. You don't answer a question, or prove your argument by asking another question or avoiding the one given to you.

Your excuses have run out quickly. D'Antoni was thew wrong pick, especially for a team that is sorely in need of some kind of guidance. Sad, and they shouldn't be with the experience there, but they are

#857 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,136 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Our offense is fine. 6th in the league in offense.

And where is that getting us?

Posted Image

#858 fido

fido

• 10,906 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 10:55 PM

Offense is easy, offense doesn't win rings.

All these NBA guys can score if given the chance, that's the easy part to the game. The real work is on the boards, on the defensive end and outside of the box score. Giving out a stat of the 6th best offense in the league proves nothing whatsoever. With a system that stresses nothing but offense, 6th isn't acceptable - at all.

#859 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 11:05 PM

As much as I like Mike D, his "coaching" hasn't shown any winning mentality.

#860 Viper

Viper

Rookie

• 455 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 11:07 PM

Offense is easy, offense doesn't win rings.

All these NBA guys can score if given the chance, that's the easy part to the game. The real work is on the boards, on the defensive end and outside of the box score. Giving out a stat of the 6th best offense in the league proves nothing whatsoever. With a system that stresses nothing but offense, 6th isn't acceptable - at all.

If a guy on a computer sitting at his home knows this, then you can rest assure people who live and breathe basketball and are paid millions of dollars to do their job know it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users