61 replies to this topic

#61 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:00 PM

It's funny how you post like this is news, what it comes down to is the effort on both ends. Our halfcourt set has been pretty good and our defense is the reason we were able to come back and beat both the Knicks and the Warriors and what kept us in games we were being beat in initially.

Why is it after a loss this comes up but during the 5 game winning streak when defense got us back into games it was silent?

Kobe himself said even Phil maybe ran defensive drills about 3 times during his entire tenure.

Our first real defensive coach in a while was Mike Brown. The guy where we somehow scored 7 points in a 4th quarter and won.

Why complain about offense when you get a defensive coach and then turn around and complain about defense when you got an offensive coach?

Both take a tremendous amount of energy and time to master. Not many teams if any at all have equal intensity at both ends. The most you can hope for is a ass-kicking Offense and medocre to decent D or vice versa. Defense is the more diffecult to play consistantly well, because of the NBA League induced offensive mindset. Just like the NFL ....it seems there is a push for more offense. Especially the running kind.
This is also pushed in College Hoops. Bigs playing with their backs to the Hoop seem to be a dying virture. Even the Refs reward Offense over D. IMO
Maybe DAntoni wanted to get his offensive House in order.....that's why they hired him right?? SHOWTIME??
I'm hoping for a mid-level D at this point
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#62 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Defense is played with heart and soul and speed and athleticism. This time of year defense is played at the end of close games, and is played more often in games between rivals, however come playoff time defense becomes a much higher priority and is played most of the game. Teams that have the will, talent, speed and athleticism will be the winners. OKC MIAMI CLIPPERS are the cream right now with MEMPHIS and maybe the BULLS with a healthy Rose will also rise. Memphis because they will beat you up in a 7 game series. Right now MWP, DH,Kobe and Morris are the Lakers defense...at this time the Lakers have holes in the defense and are not as good as the others mentioned before in my opinion. If the Lakers do not add some toughness speed and athleticism I don't believe they can win it all.

"Defense is played with heart and soul and speed and athleticism."

Defense is played with a plan..... a philosophy ....... The same as an Offense
Like on offense you have points or places on the floor where you want the ball
On defense there are places on the floor where you must defend by pressure or funneling a person to a place OR denying an area or person a place.
I don't remember the LAKERS being athletic in the sense you are talking about, however I do remember them having good team defense
The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users