#1 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:28 AM

It seems to me reading alot of posts that the majority of Laker fans are shocked at Dwight Howard's numbers this season and I ask why? Take alot at his numbers compared this season to last.

Dwight's last year in Orlando - 20.6 points, 14.5 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 57.3 FG%.

Dwight's first year in L.A. - 17.5 points, 11.8 rebounds, 2.5 blocks, 57.4 FG%.

You look at those numbers obviously his scoring is down signifanctly as is his rebounding, but that's what happens when you're no longer the #1 option and playing with a guy like Kobe who clearly dominates the ball and takes alot of shots. As for the rebounding in Orlando he had the whole lane to himself because he played with a stretch 4 in Ryan Andersen who constantly camped out at the three point line. Now he's playing with a 7 footer who challenges for boards in Pau Gasol. Plus you have to remember as it's been stated several times Howard is nowhere near 100 percent.
Considering all those factors it's relatively easy to see why Dwight's numbers are down in Los Angeles.

Edited by Cowboys&LakersFan, December 28, 2012 - 09:28 AM.

htCCl0m.png

#2 Trilapino

Trilapino

Rookie

• 48 posts
  • Fan Since:85
  • Fav. Laker:Magic,Superman,Big Shot Rob

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:36 AM

Completely agree with you on this.

Same story goes for Pau. Since Bynum's surge and now dwight and nash part of the team with metta stepping it up, Pau has to compensate for others. Remember, when he was option 2 behind Kobe, his numbers were great resulting in championships. During the 2012 summer olympics he was explosive when number 1 option.

#3 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Statistics aside, Howard fumbles inside passes a lot more than Pau/Bynum. I'm not sure if this is attributed to his injury or he's always had bad hands. He's probably average a few points more if he could handle those passes for easy buckets.

#4 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:10 AM

He's been very 'off' this entire recent win-streak up to the loss against the Denver. He's playing a bum Bynum with only mere instances of defensive perfection and occasionally making great offensive plays. Not to mention his PnR play has been terrible. I'm seriously questioning how this man was the best PnR big for a solid three seasons in a row, because has shown nothing of it next to the best PnR point guard - ever. Body language is also completely off, almost as if he doesn't care, ala bum Bynum.

Hope it's just injuries and that he will eventually pick it up, because like every Laker player that has come and gone, once the lights aren't as bright as they seem to be, the ineptitude kicks in. I'm praying that's not the case for Howard.

#5 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,347 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:30 AM

dwight is still the best center in the league.period.

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#6 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:49 AM

Its not his offense, its that pathetic joke he calls defense. You know, the defense that lets total scrubs waltz right down the lane for a dunk or layup from the 3 point line? Watch a REAL team play and how they defend the paint. Bynum was far more intimidating in the paint then Howard is, pathetic.

#7 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:55 AM

Its not his offense, its that pathetic joke he calls defense. You know, the defense that lets total scrubs waltz right down the lane for a dunk or layup from the 3 point line? Watch a REAL team play and how they defend the paint. Bynum was far more intimidating in the paint then Howard is, pathetic.

Watch a real team defend and focus on how near-perfect their rotations and communication is. Howard is doing just fine defensively minus the rebounding category.

#8 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:58 AM

Watch a real team defend and focus on how near-perfect their rotations and communication is. Howard is doing just fine defensively minus the rebounding category.

So a team with a few good players can rotate and communicate just fine but a team with 2 of the 5 best players in the game (Kobe and Dwight) one of them being a multiple time DPOY and 2 superstars (Nash and Pau) can't? This team is garbage.

Edited by 211275, December 28, 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#9 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 156 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Fan Since:Late 80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Chick & Kobe 2nd

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:11 AM

So a team with a few good players can rotate and communicate just fine but a team with 2 of the 5 best players in the game (Kobe and Dwight) one of them being a multiple time DPOY and 2 superstars (Nash and Pau) can't? This team is garbage.

You don't seem like a logical person so I'm going to keep it very simple and you can take it for what it's worth. Several problems about supposedly Dwitght's defensive woes: (1) Kobe roams A LOT, which means someone is "Free" on the opposing team, (2) Nash is a poor defender, we all (besides you) knew this, (3) Pau has horrible laterral movement and notorious for not rotating to help defensively, (4) Dwight is going to contest every shot that comes intot the paint (hence his awesome defensive numbers) which means some players need to ratate to cover the open guy in the paint.

It's very simple math and I'm not sure how you arrive to the pessimism you came to. Last point I'll make, Andrew Bynum was NOT a defensive force like Dwight and most of these players on this roster are trying and need to adjust to Dwights style of defense versus someone like Bynume who will just "camp" in the paint.

Edited by Obsidien, December 28, 2012 - 11:13 AM.

This will teach the league to basketball reason Lakers

#10 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Lol watch the damn games bro. Howard's defense isn't the issue it's the perimeter players. Can't keep their man in front of them which leads to Dwight coming to help and no one is helping him. You have to help the helper and the Lakers haven't done that consistently this season.
htCCl0m.png

#11 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,488 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:48 AM

He wasn't even supposed to be back until January. It's going to take time. Come playoff time every other team will be [expletive]ting their pants.

#12 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,321 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:54 AM

I think I remember you posting last month that the Clippers were your new favorite team to support.

#13 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,913 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:55 AM

I don't know what you are watching. Seriously. I get more excited by Howard's defense at times more so than anything Bynum did on offense..... you expect perfection. I accept reality.

Edited by -Wade-, December 28, 2012 - 12:01 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#14 Alpha Four

Alpha Four

Fugitive Alien

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:05 PM

Aren't his numbers almost the same to what he averaged in Orlando?

MDADefense_zpsb51f57fb.jpg

#15 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,504 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Dwight's defense > Bynum's offense

MMiRi9s.png

#16 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:12 PM

Injured Dwight > Healthy (When has that ever been?) Bynum

#17 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:20 PM

Injured Dwight > Healthy (When has that ever been?) Bynum

Injured Dwight > 80% of the Centers in the NBA statistically.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#18 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:35 PM

IM NOT SUPRISED, HIS NUMBERS ARE BECAUSE HES NOT 100%, HES A PLAYER WHO RELIES SOLEY ON ATHLETICISM, HIS WHOLE GAME IS PREDICATED 100% ON ATHLETICISM. HIS NUMBERS WILL BE THE EXACT SAME AS THEY WERE IN ORL WHEN HE GETS TO 100%

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#19 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:08 PM

The joke of the year

#20 Obsidien

Obsidien

Rookie

• 156 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:14 PM

The joke of the year

I was convinved that 211275 was a troll so I reviewed his posts and realized that he actually isn't, but instead is extremely emotional. He goes way up and way down depending on the performance of the team. He'll be hopping over to root for the Clippers anytime soon and switch back to the Lakers post February when the Lakers start to kick ass and be on our bandwagon again.

Edited by Obsidien, December 28, 2012 - 01:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users