15 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:54 PM

This is just a hunch to be honest, but i think there may be a deal in place already.

Why?
There are a lot of players that don't become trade eligible until jan 15th (including Jodan Hill).
We have a handful of players that dont get any minutes - or less minutes than they should (Like Hill and Jamison)
We have players that do not fit into the system (Hill, Jamison, Ebanks, Clark, ... , Pau?)
Kobe have been moved to the 3 and Metta to the 4, which basically creates two holes (starting 2 and back-up 3).
Also, the Lakers are currently struggling and being in win-now-mode they cant afford not making a strong push in the playoffs, because it would likely result in Dwight signing elsewhere.

Am i the only one who thinks a deal is coming and who does it involve?

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,733 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Actually hill has been playing quite a bit the last 3 games. I think MD found minutes for the guy and I think but dont quote me on this that jaminson has a no trade clause. At least thats what I heard from on this forum. I think he gets it automatically with the signing.

#3 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,509 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:04 PM

I hope it's Ebanks and/or one of the lower-tier point guards.

MMiRi9s.png

#4 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:09 PM

Actually hill has been playing quite a bit the last 3 games. I think MD found minutes for the guy and I think but dont quote me on this that jaminson has a no trade clause. At least thats what I heard from on this forum. I think he gets it automatically with the signing.

No, he doesn't have a no-trade clause. I asked Eric Pincus, and he knows this stuff. He said it's not possible.

Edited by Japago, December 27, 2012 - 11:13 PM.

Posted Image

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:10 PM

I think Jamison have some type of clause in it - perhaps he has to ok the trade. Wouldn't be a problem though. Jamison doesn't want to sit on the bench and would probably welcome a trade...

#6 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,733 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:15 PM

No, he doesn't have a no-trade clause. I asked Eric Pincus, and he knows this stuff. He said it's not possible.

Wait im confused did he say he had no trade clause but it still wasnt possible ???

#7 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:20 PM

Wait im confused did he say he had no trade clause but it still wasnt possible ???

He said it's not possible for him to have a no-trade clause.

Posted Image

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,733 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:23 PM

He said it's not possible for him to have a no-trade clause.

Oh ok yea I thought it was odd that he would have had a no trade clause. That usually happened when you sign a player with bird rights I believe.

#9 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,713 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:59 AM

Hope we win. That's what I'm thinkin about

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#10 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:36 AM

I hope we don't rely anymore on Chris Duhon for the back-up PG's duties. He is as bad as Smush Parker.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#11 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 28, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Only way to get a no trade clause is to be in the league for more than 8 years and be with the same team for 4 years straight. Only 4 players currently have a no trade clause: Kobe Bryant, Dirk, Duncan and Kevin Garnett

Ray Allen had it offer this summer by Boston, which he rejected to go to Miami.

I think this is why Wade, Lebron and Bosh have opt out in their 3rd and 4th years, they will try get new contracts with "NTC's"

Edited by Lakers4Life, December 28, 2012 - 05:25 AM.

Laker fan for life.

#12 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,157 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hill & Ebanks fit the team just fine they just dont get enough meaningful mins alongside Kobe, nash, & D12. Pau & MWP get far too many mins. I dont see any deals being made that would drastically change roster. we shall see.
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#13 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,391 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:35 PM

I want us to keep Jamison. He can contribute and he's a perfect fit for the system (can't play D ha, but can knock down 3s to stretch the D). Now, he's struggled recently with his shot but we've seen the guy light it up. He is a hungry veteran who just needs to get his confidence back and he can help quite a bit.

#14 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:40 PM

I want us to keep Jamison. He can contribute and he's a perfect fit for the system (can't play D ha, but can knock down 3s to stretch the D). Now, he's struggled recently with his shot but we've seen the guy light it up. He is a hungry veteran who just needs to get his confidence back and he can help quite a bit.

Jamison can definitely score, but he needs the opportunity. His shot hasn't been falling when he has had his chances. I don't prefer him shooting threes. He is a much better mid-range shooter. The only time that his three point shot looks good is when it is in rhythm. His stand still three always looks flat.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,172 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:41 PM

Jamison can definitely score, but he needs the opportunity. His shot hasn't been falling when he has had his chances. I don't prefer him shooting threes. He is a much better mid-range shooter. The only time that his three point shot looks good is when it is in rhythm. His stand still three always looks flat.

Yes!! Jamison is best moving off the ball, being the cutter, attacking in the mid range and occasionally hitting the three. Basically to do what Metta has been doing minus the defense. If he did that Metta wouldn't have to play the bench 4 for him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#16 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted December 29, 2012 - 05:05 PM

Yes!! Jamison is best moving off the ball, being the cutter, attacking in the mid range and occasionally hitting the three. Basically to do what Metta has been doing minus the defense. If he did that Metta wouldn't have to play the bench 4 for him.

Jamison is a great offensive player, but it is a net zero/loss if he cannot defend his man, which is almost always a scoring 3/4, exceptions being garbage such as Charlotte/Washington.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users