#21 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,733 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:43 PM

it sure as heck cost the magic a trip to the finals...

OH WAIT!!!

He is right. Dwight's terrible FT shooting and poor offensive abilities cost the Magic two key games in the Finals vs the Lakers (Game 2 and Game 4).

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#22 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,486 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Just one word: overrated. I'm sick of the "he is not healthy yet" excuses, if he is not ready to be a dominant force in the paint he should sit and heal up.

This whole "I'm gonna ignore logic cause I'm impatient and start complaining over and over again" thing is getting as old as the 'he is not healthy yet' posts you seem to hate.

Fact of the matter is, it's true. Just because you don't have the will to be patient doesn't mean they are incorrect. You just can't take it and would rather complain instead of wait.

The Knicks lost Felton for the next 6 weeks.

If we had beaten them you'd be the first person saying we beat a Knicks team without Felton and it meant nothing, yet you're the first person to say "I HATE THESE INJURY EXCUSES"

Because with fans like yourself they only matter when other teams we face have them but when OUR team is dealing with issues its an "excuse".

keep it classy :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#23 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,786 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:41 PM

So it took two months for some fans to jump on Howard? Geez. I'm sure you would prefer the circus of Bynum? The guy had major back surgery and made it back to start the season. So damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He is playing through pain while not 100% and you knock him? I would say he was making an excuse if he wasn't playing, but he is. Maybe the dude isn't the most intelligent in front of a mic, but who cares. It's times like this that I get frustrated that some fans expect it to be rainbows everyday all day.

#24 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hmm... interesting optimism. I can't say I agree that it is his health completely, but I do think things will look a lot different post all star break.

I would agree it isn't based only upon his health.

There are games where he doesn't get enough touches/shots, and the fact that they have lost so many games are two other reasons for it. I think it is mainly is health though. When you KNOW you are one of the best players in the game but you just aren't quite there yet has to be extremely frustrating, considering there isn't anything you can do about it but wait.

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 27, 2012 - 09:57 PM

People are seriously complaining about Howard's play to this point? He's put up solid production on great efficiency, basically Bynum's career highs from last season that most people were gushing about. He's already shown himself to be ten times the defensive anchor that Bynum was even at less than 100%.

I guess the alternative of keeping Andrew Bynum on the roster would have been so much more appealing to some people. You know, since he's tearing it up in Philly.

#26 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:01 PM

People are seriously complaining about Howard's play to this point? He's put up solid production on great efficiency, basically Bynum's career highs from last season that most people were gushing about. He's already shown himself to be ten times the defensive anchor that Bynum was even at less than 100%.

I guess the alternative of keeping Andrew Bynum on the roster would have been so much more appealing to some people. You know, since he's tearing it up in Philly.

Agreed. Bynum has been tearing something though.

I think he hasn't quite looked like the superstar he is, but he deserves time. I usually don't like making excuses for people, but it's just reality. There was talk about him not coming back until January.

Posted Image

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...565403848548352

Dwight's DRB% last year: 33.1. Led the league. This year: 24.3. 20th in the league. #yikes #notclosetoonehundredpercent

He can do better. Just get healthy

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 lakerfan0307

lakerfan0307

Off The Bench

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:53 PM

https://twitter.com/...565403848548352

He can do better. Just get healthy

I'm not sure if I'm just being overly optimistic, but I actually believe that tomorrow night's game against the Blazers will be a big night for Dwight. Possibly one that kick starts his production for the remainder of the season. He goes up against JJ Hickson and LaMarcus Aldridge. Dwight is coming off an embarrassing game against Denver and he will be ready to counter that. My prediction for Dwight is 24 points and 19 boards to go along with 4 blocks.

Edited by lakerfan0307, December 27, 2012 - 11:53 PM.

#29 steven v

steven v

Off The Bench

• 1,878 posts
  • Name:steven
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:The L.A. LAKERS

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:48 AM

it sure as heck cost the magic a trip to the finals...

OH WAIT!!!

The 3pt shooting got them there.

Also, did they win that finals?
The Lakers FO knows more than you. Sorry.

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,486 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:25 AM

The 3pt shooting got them there.

Also, did they win that finals?

Who did they play? ;)

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:21 AM

Steve Nash has the team playing better defensively because of his leadership...he's pretty freakin' good as a team defender and he's smart on both ends of the ball.

Dwight should be happy that Nash is back. He's one of the most vocal people out, easily one of the most respected and will soon find a rhythm with Dwight on both ends.

Nash makes this team better. All Dwight has to do is figure out how to fit in with the team and stop trying to make the team conform to his "handicap".

A lot of people don't understand the mental and psychological fatigue an injury like this can inflict on a player who's never had a major injury in his career...especially a player who's dominance depended so heavily on his athleticism.

For Dwight, it's like missing a vital part of who he is...like walking around on borrowed legs...he doesn't WANT to accept them...he wants and NEEDS his REAL legs back. If he accepts who he is as who he will be, a part of him will die. That's the frustration, self-loathing, desperation and incongruence we see on the court.

Sometimes, a week off helps regain balance and perspective. That can be as important as physical rest.

#32 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,802 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:32 AM

Dwight is afraid that he will never be "Dwight" again. I'm not saying he feels that he won't be 100%. He has the thought of him never fully recovering in the back of his mind...and it rears its head on the court when he tries to make plays he once made with ease and can't...when he can't make up for his teammates's shortcomings...when he hears the criticism of the team's defense when he was supposed to make such a big difference.

There's only 2 choices...accept that he's not 100% and may never be the same player OR blame his teammates for not "carrying the load" while he's injured.

To be perfectly honest, this is quite normal for this surgery and it's rehab. Athletes often have these psychological issues and deal with them with varying degrees of success. The most important thing for a player who is not reaching the goals he's set for himself is to take a step back and gain perspective. I don't think Dwight has ever done that. Not only that, I don't think the Lakers have given him time to catch his breath...not intentionally, I might add.

There would have been enormous pressure on a 100% healthy Dwight coming to the Lakers...unfortunately, Dwight has taken on that pressure and add some of his own on top of it...

He needs to take a step back to take 10 steps forward.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,486 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 01:34 AM

Steve Nash has the team playing better defensively because of his leadership...he's pretty freakin' good as a team defender and he's smart on both ends of the ball.

Dwight should be happy that Nash is back. He's one of the most vocal people out, easily one of the most respected and will soon find a rhythm with Dwight on both ends.

Nash makes this team better. All Dwight has to do is figure out how to fit in with the team and stop trying to make the team conform to his "handicap".

A lot of people don't understand the mental and psychological fatigue an injury like this can inflict on a player who's never had a major injury in his career...especially a player who's dominance depended so heavily on his athleticism.

For Dwight, it's like missing a vital part of who he is...like walking around on borrowed legs...he doesn't WANT to accept them...he wants and NEEDS his REAL legs back. If he accepts who he is as who he will be, a part of him will die. That's the frustration, self-loathing, desperation and incongruence we see on the court.

Sometimes, a week off helps regain balance and perspective. That can be as important as physical rest.

Well we have one game in 6 days all at home so no travel required. So he'll be getting as much rest as he would in a week off and more time to build chemistry in practice and have full day work outs not having to worry about a game the next day with the team which is vital as January is a very important month for us.

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 01:34 AM.

#34 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:53 AM

Well we have one game in 6 days all at home so no travel required. So he'll be getting as much rest as he would in a week off and more time to build chemistry in practice and have full day work outs not having to worry about a game the next day with the team which is vital as January is a very important month for us.

Yeah, that month will show how much progress the Lakers have really made.

Posted Image

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,486 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 04:56 AM

Yeah, this month will show how much progress the Lakers have really made.

Kind of funny really, we're starting the new year with a record that may as well be 0-0. Now the real season can begin.

Edited by Majesty, December 29, 2012 - 04:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users