Photo

What are your thoughts on the year 2012 on view of the Los Angeles Lakers? What do you expect in 2013?

2012 2013

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 27, 2012 - 01:52 AM

With 2012 coming to an end - What are your thoughts on the year 2012 on view of the Los Angeles Lakers?

We had some good and solid games with Mike Brown last season but then we got punched to the nuggets in the first round and people could see that we are not the killer lakers we once were. Then we claimed game 7 and got out of the round 1 with a win at staples center. Then we got kicked off by OKC in the 2nd round which basicly was the last couple of games of Bynum, Sessions, Barnes...

...and then the offseason:

We got two of the greatest superstars in the NBA in Nash and Howard and a basicly nice core with high expectations and title ambitions. Kobe got his 2nd gold medal in london and everything was set for our new road.

New system, and new team ment the release for mike brown, who didnt even had a chance to prove himself. But he is just wrong at both ends of the coaching floor and then all wanted phil back but we got Mike dantoni, several players got hurt and now we find ourselves at 14-15 , 11. seed in the west.

WELLL, things have could beeen so much better as I look back to some games we have lost this season, which we easily could have won ,for example indiana 77:79 at home or other games like that.

2012 was a middle year for the lakers, maybe a procedure year for big things to come in 2013

But I expect some big and major impact by this lakers team in the next year, especially until the all star weekend I wanna find our team in the playoff hunt!!!!!

It bleeds me inside to look at the conference of the west after every single game and see denver, minnesota, golden state, hell portland before us.. WE ARE THE LAKERS! WE gotta be there!!!!!!!!!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:19 AM

I'm trying to be optimistic, but sometimes it is difficult - especially now that we're on the outside looking in, regarding the playoffs.
That being said, i expect a couple of things in 2013:

1. We'll probably make a move after the 15th of January. For some reason D'Antoni doesn't like what Jordan Hill is bringing to the table and a few of our other players just isn't working out (Jamison, Ebanks, Clark, Morris, ... , Pau?).
2. Until the all-star break we'll probably be somewhere around 7-11th in the western conference, but from then on i think we'll figure things out. We'll make the playoffs and we'll probably end around a 6th seed. Our ceiling, i think, is the 5th seed.
2. In the playoffs all bets are off. At this point i wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning it all and unfortunately i wouldn't be surprised if we lose in the first round either...

#3 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,723 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:22 AM

Right when I read the title I knew who posted it. What is this your 4th thread today?

#4 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,158 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:38 AM

I expect Steve Nash, Kobe, Metta, and Pau to be a year older :laughing:

#5 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:21 AM

A championship. Anything less than that is a dissapointment. Home court advantage is overrated. This Lakers team is full of savvy yet still effective veterans who won't be intimidated by playing on the road. Nash is playing great and has made his impact felt very quickly. I think he needs to be a little more aggressive in terms of looking for his shot and just develop chemistry with his teammates.
htCCl0m.png

#6 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:23 AM

Right when I read the title I knew who posted it. What is this your 4th thread today?

Shut the [expletive] up and quit whining. Either add something of substance or don't post at all. Quick picking on the guy. Doesn't make you cool or anything. He's just trying to get some opinions and this is a forum after all.
htCCl0m.png

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,493 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:40 AM

Our year could have been better, but it could have been much worse.

Considering how long it's taking Dwight to get "back" we are very fortunate to NOT have had to wait till January for his return otherwise we would be in trouble.

Right now with Nash back in our lineup we can start to find an identity and we can start seeing what kind of a team we'll become somewhere around mid January. Once again this year we go through the most changes and are given the most to have to adjust to, but it only brings our team closer and increases the chip on our shoulder. Everything should start clicking at a good time next year and we'll go on a run after the all-star break while other teams start to slow down a bit after their frontrunning. So, could have been better, could have been worse, we'll get better and that being clear is very important.

You must really love finding manaros threads to add nothing to them other than just bashing the guy. You literally just go "Hey its a manaro thread!! Let me go bash the guy to make my life feel more complete!"

I hope the mods see that too.

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 04:40 AM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,968 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:29 AM

I don't think the Lakers are a contender. I think they'll always be limited defensively as long as the roster is the same. Improved chemistry won't make some of our players quicker. I can see the Lakers improving on team defense, but there are times you have to play man to man and they just can't.

I'm still holding out hope that the Lakers will make the correct moves, but I fear that they won't.

Posted Image

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 41,961 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:32 AM

I don't think the Lakers are a contender.

Pau Gasol is TRASH

#10 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:changes daily

Posted December 27, 2012 - 08:14 AM

Short of the unlikely championship, the only thing that would give me a slight sense of satisfaction would be to knock the Clippers out of the playoffs at any round.

#11 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 08:21 AM

This is the most embarrassing season ever as a laker fan considering we have Dwight Gasol Kobe Nash and MWP and Jamison coming off the bench and can't even be a 500 team

#12 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 2,851 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted December 27, 2012 - 08:46 AM

I want a healthy teaaam!!!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 20,924 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 08:50 AM

MANARO,

For the last time, stop making threads for every thought that pops into your mind.

Next time is a suspension.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2012, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users