14 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:27 AM

There probably is a thread somewhere covering this topic, but here we go...

Explain this to me: One of the reasons why we lost against Denver was because of our rebounding (48-38). Dwight and Pau - our two bigs - combined for 13!. Faried, who is 6'8'' had 15 by himself - 9 on the offensive end. The only Laker who didn't have a negative +/- was Jordan Hill, who managed to grab 9 rebs including 4 offensive rebs in 13 minutes!!! Why is this guy not getting more minutes?

Another point is Darius Morris. He is a project PG, whose upside this season is being a 3rd PG off the bench. Why is he starting at the 2? Delonte is there for the taking, so was Chris Douglas-Roberts and a guy like Raja Bell could easily be had as well. I dont get this.

I was for the D'Antoni hire, because i thought he would be able to maximize the abilities of everybody. But his substitutions are mindboggling at times. I know Jordan Hill perhaps isn't a good fit in the system, but a good coach should recognize assets when they are there and use them effectively. That's what seperates the great coaches from everyone else.

#2 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Monogatari

• 8,421 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:35 AM

I think the reason to have Morris at the starting 2 position is to spot up for threes. That's what Morris can pretty much do, shoot open threes when Bryant/Nash/Howard/Gasol give it to him.

West was an option for the Lakers, but was passed to avoid further trouble.

CDR, well the Lakers missed their chances with him. They had him, and they let him go. That's the end of that.

Raja Bell, no. Just no, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:43 AM

Well, i know the reason why Morris is starting, just dont agree with it.

Delonte would have been a better option, because of his defense, and so would Raja Bell who knows the system.

#4 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,543 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 27, 2012 - 01:01 AM

There probably is a thread somewhere covering this topic, but here we go...

Explain this to me: One of the reasons why we lost against Denver was because of our rebounding (48-38). Dwight and Pau - our two bigs - combined for 13!. Faried, who is 6'8'' had 15 by himself - 9 on the offensive end. The only Laker who didn't have a negative +/- was Jordan Hill, who managed to grab 9 rebs including 4 offensive rebs in 13 minutes!!! Why is this guy not getting more minutes?

Another point is Darius Morris. He is a project PG, whose upside this season is being a 3rd PG off the bench. Why is he starting at the 2? Delonte is there for the taking, so was Chris Douglas-Roberts and a guy like Raja Bell could easily be had as well. I dont get this.

I was for the D'Antoni hire, because i thought he would be able to maximize the abilities of everybody. But his substitutions are mindboggling at times. I know Jordan Hill perhaps isn't a good fit in the system, but a good coach should recognize assets when they are there and use them effectively. That's what seperates the great coaches from everyone else.

Delonte is a head case. Yes he would have probably played good but he would probably cause problems.

CDR was with contract with mavs so we couldnt get him unless your talking about before we realesed him and we all still dont know what he will do with the mavs. I doubt though he would have been any type of savior if hes barely getting out of the D-Leauge.

Raja bell well....yea that one should be painfully obvious why he should be here. Not much we can do when theres not much talent around.

Only change would be through a trade but that probably wont happen until the trade deadline or the 15th.

The reason why morris starts is so we can keep meeks and MWP coming off the bench. They are basically our entire bench right now.

People have to remember we literally just had a 5 game win streak with his rotations lately. One lost to a team who is 9-1 at home with the refs against us and howard getting ejected does not mean our rotations are bad and MD is [expletive]ing up. Its a loss. Most people expected it. If this goes for 2 more games then yes we have problems but I doubt that.

To many posters here freak out over 1 game and totally forget our 5 game win streak and a great win against the knicks. Everyone then goes on about how were back and MD is coaching much better blah blah blah then we lose one game and now MD sucks and he is [expletive]ing up.

This season is not the record breaking 72 win season people were talking about. This is a injury fighting for playoff spot season and I give you ome info too....were gonna lose quite a bit more times for the rest of the season. All we can hope is that we have a quite a bit more wins than those losses.

Edited by bigfetz, December 27, 2012 - 01:05 AM.

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 01:50 AM

Delonte is a head case. Yes he would have probably played good but he would probably cause problems.

CDR was with contract with mavs so we couldnt get him unless your talking about before we realesed him and we all still dont know what he will do with the mavs. I doubt though he would have been any type of savior if hes barely getting out of the D-Leauge.

Raja bell well....yea that one should be painfully obvious why he should be here. Not much we can do when theres not much talent around.

Only change would be through a trade but that probably wont happen until the trade deadline or the 15th.

The reason why morris starts is so we can keep meeks and MWP coming off the bench. They are basically our entire bench right now.

People have to remember we literally just had a 5 game win streak with his rotations lately. One lost to a team who is 9-1 at home with the refs against us and howard getting ejected does not mean our rotations are bad and MD is [expletive]ing up. Its a loss. Most people expected it. If this goes for 2 more games then yes we have problems but I doubt that.

To many posters here freak out over 1 game and totally forget our 5 game win streak and a great win against the knicks. Everyone then goes on about how were back and MD is coaching much better blah blah blah then we lose one game and now MD sucks and he is [expletive]ing up.

This season is not the record breaking 72 win season people were talking about. This is a injury fighting for playoff spot season and I give you ome info too....were gonna lose quite a bit more times for the rest of the season. All we can hope is that we have a quite a bit more wins than those losses.

I agree on all that and losing to Denver on the second of a back-to-back on the road isn't the end of the world.
However, when we're getting out-rebounded by another team and our best rebounder is playing well why not give him a few extra mins.
Also, Morris does NOTHING for us when he starts. These past two games he has played 7 mpg and this last game he started, played 7 mins, went 0-0, 1 ast, 1 reb and 3 TOs. Against NY he went 0-2 and had two fouls. Why not let Meeks start, and then play Morris as the back-up.

#6 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,361 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:26 AM

I agree on all that and losing to Denver on the second of a back-to-back on the road isn't the end of the world.
However, when we're getting out-rebounded by another team and our best rebounder is playing well why not give him a few extra mins.
Also, Morris does NOTHING for us when he starts. These past two games he has played 7 mpg and this last game he started, played 7 mins, went 0-0, 1 ast, 1 reb and 3 TOs. Against NY he went 0-2 and had two fouls. Why not let Meeks start, and then play Morris as the back-up.

Meeks doesn't start for the same reason Lamar didn't. You need a spark off the bench and Meeks would never see the ball if he's on the court with Kobe the majority of the time. I think our biggest issue is our athleticism and length at the SF position.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,122 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:36 AM

Also, Morris does NOTHING for us when he starts. These past two games he has played 7 mpg and this last game he started, played 7 mins, went 0-0, 1 ast, 1 reb and 3 TOs. Against NY he went 0-2 and had two fouls.

Why not let Meeks start, and then play Morris as the back-up.

You answered your own question.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,510 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:39 AM

Although D'Antoni's rotations have been looking okay and are much better than any Mike Brown ever setup, it still troubles me and I agree with most that say Morris shouldn't start. He is not a 3 point threat and his Defense is just average. Although what troubles me most is Jamison still not getting minutes. He can stretch the floor and would give us alot of help on offense and possibly Defense as well maybe... haha

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Jamison should see some minutes against certain teams or against certain lineups. Obviously, he is a defensive liability, but when Dwight is on the floor and when we're going against teams with weak frontlines he should be playing. And so should Jordan Hill.

#10 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:59 PM

Morris is starting for his defense. Against NYK. He was guarding Carmelo, someone 5-6 inches taller than him who is an elite scorer and a superstar in this league. In the end of the game, he stopped JR Smith by fighting through screens and challenging the shot. If anyone of our other point guards had to guard JR Smith, he probably would of gotten an open 3. If Morris can drive in more consistently he would be very helpful to this team. Right now I am okay with the rotations. Those rotations got us 5 wins in a row, and we should've won against Denver but the refs were crap.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:48 AM

Once again, Morris did nothing.

Perhaps it is time for D'Antoni to consider starting Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill and then let Pau and Metta control the second unit.

Nash-Meeks-Kobe-Hill-Howard

#12 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,122 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 05, 2013 - 01:58 AM

Once again, Morris did nothing.

Perhaps it is time for D'Antoni to consider starting Jodie Meeks and Jordan Hill and then let Pau and Metta control the second unit.

Nash-Meeks-Kobe-Hill-Howard

Starting Meeks means defensive problems at the 2 so matchups are gonna switch around and Nash is gonna wind up guarding someone he shouldn't be. Starting Meeks also means you're bringing Morris off the bench.

Our bench is better with Meeks, Metta and Hill(though Hill should be starting imo) Morris either gets limited minutes cause he starts bad or he stays in cause he's defending well. Either way if he was coming off the bench that gets thrown off.

Morris is really just a placeholder imo at the 2.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#13 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,356 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:07 AM

Meeks is just as capable defensively and at least he can spread the floor for the rest of the guys - Morris havent hit a 3 since mid-december. When we're waiting for the return of Steve Blake and Chris Duhon, there is a problem.

Idea: Trade Duhon or Ebanks+Morris to the Jazz for Raja Bell and let him and Meeks spilt minutes at the 2. I know Raja is 100 years old, but he still can defend and hit the corner 3. Also, he knows the system.

#14 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,293 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 05, 2013 - 02:08 AM

i dont understand itt..why putting jamison in for 4 min and then leave him out all the time? WTF ?

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#15 SportyIntellectual

SportyIntellectual

Rookie

• 159 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:46 AM

Rebounding and defense are all about one thing: HUSTLE

Or the new urban term: 'want to'

Edited by SportyIntellectual, January 05, 2013 - 08:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users