65 replies to this topic

#61 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:29 PM

I kind of thought the same thing majesty. That he didn't want to play him garbage minutes because it is highly disrespectful
Laker fan for life.

#62 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,833 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:36 PM

I kind of thought the same thing majesty. That he didn't want to play him garbage minutes because it is highly disrespectful

pretty much. D'antoni doesn't play Jamison when he doesn't trust the matchup defensively.

Honestly did ANY of us want to see Jamison out there attempting to guard LA or Hickson??

Exactly. So matchups were against us tonight in that regard, and he didn't want to play him in garbage time because that would have been disrespectful because D'antoni "knows" he's a better player than that. It's just how minutes work unfortunately and how matchups work.

When we play a team that isn't strong at rebounding that doesn't have a forward that can slaughter us, Jamison will probably get some time over Hill.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#63 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,833 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Also D'antoni has confirmed that Jamison could be returning to the lineup soon, just not right now

Mike Trudell@LakersReporter
D'Antoni said Antawn Jamison is too good a player to play garbage time. He could return to rotation at some point, but out of it right now.

#64 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:45 PM

That's good to hear. :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#65 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,833 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:03 AM

I guess you could say sometimes our bench is too deep for it's own good. I mean, because our bench is key and vital but because of the mixing and matching of it has to do with the fact Metta was moved there. Metta being on our bench makes it deeper.

I'd love to run a lineup with the bench that consisted of

Blake(when he returns)
Meeks
Jamison(interchangable)
Metta(interchangable)
Gasol

See but that cuts out minutes for Hill. And both Hill and Jamison benefit our bench in different ways, it just depends on the matchup I think.

It basically means that until D'antoni can trust our bench to run without a starter then it's always gonna ve interchangable minutes.

Right now Hill is getting priority because of extra posessions and defense and effort.

Jamison would get minutes against a team whose power forward isn't gonna stay on the inside much, probably isn't gonna put it down and is probably a stretch too.

So we could see Jamison against a matchup like Ryan Anderson or Dirk Nowitski. Areas where our 4 isn't gonna be in the paint much.

But against the Blazers it wouldn't be wise to stick Jamison on LA and make him battle for rebounds against him.

So I honestly think it all has to do with the matchups.

Remember Jamison was getting a lot of minutes in different matchups and Hill didn't play much and people assumed Hill would be traded.

Now Hill is playing a lot of minutes in separate matchups and Jamison isn't playing and people assume HE will be traded now.

I honestly think it's all in the matchups. Knowing Jamison's strengths and weaknesses. And honestly it makes no sense to stick Jamison on LA or Hickson when you have Hill and Gasol as options with your bench when resting Dwight or so.

Jamison on Ryan Anderson I can see, Jamison on Dirk Nowitski(currently) I can see.

But not against imposing power forwards that would keep him in the paint defensively, Jamison will probably see time against other stretch 4s.

#66 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,667 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 29, 2012 - 12:45 AM

Good point ^

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users