#41 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,623 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:26 PM

He didn't play Jamison because he doesn't consider Jamison an "end of the bench" guy that should be put in at garbage time.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#42 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:26 PM

No minutes tonight, more than likely going to be traded if tonight is any indication.

What do you guys think about a potential trade with Charlotte that brings us Gerald Henderson? He was being shopped a couple weeks ago, would give us a better option at SG than Morris.

Think they would really take that?

#43 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:31 PM

Think they would really take that?

Well I'm not saying straight up. But maybe Jamison/Ebanks? They are trying to trade Henderson because they have other young players they want to get more playing time.

It's just an idea. Not saying it would happen but since Jamison was considering Charlotte as a free agent, it gives him a chance to go home if that what he wants so thought it was a match.

#44 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:33 PM

Well I'm not saying straight up. But maybe Jamison/Ebanks? They are trying to trade Henderson because they have other young players they want to get more playing time.

It's just an idea. Not saying it would happen but since Jamison was considering Charlotte as a free agent, it gives him a chance to go home if that what he wants so thought it was a match.

Actually henderson is a 3 mill contract. That would mean we would probably have to trade jaminson ebanks and morris and ebanks and morris have to ok it cause they have a no trade clause. Would be tough but maybe.

#45 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:43 PM

i will really like to give jamison one last shot to play as the backup SF.I know he is more effective at the 4 but we have a logjam of players there now. Give him maybe around 10- 15 minutes a game. Dude deserves one more chance. Besides, we need a backup SF that can create his shot. 44th all time leading scorer in the league.

Will be much better than playing a lineup of Duhon Meeks Morris.

#46 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,618 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:44 PM

I think Jamison will come in use later in the season, where we can't be playing Pau and Dwight and Metta all 36 minutes plus. Put Jamison into the rotation and you can buy time for Metta, Pau, and Dwight to all be running 29-34 minutes. Not necessary now, as we need wins at the expense of anything, but after our record is safe, I won't be surprised to see our guys, especially Pau and Metta resting to get into better playoff shape.

This is also where Duhon comes into play when Blake returns. If he's all good and running the back up role the way D'Antoni is so high on him for, then we'll see Duhon only when Nash needs a stretch of games at the end of the season with less minutes.

#47 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:45 PM

Mark Medina@MedinaLakersNBA

Antawn Jamison to me about 5 DNP's: "It doesn't make sense at all. They're pretty much telling me my services are no longer needed."

#48 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Antawn Jamison to me about 5 DNP's: "It doesn't make sense at all. They're pretty much telling me my services are no longer needed."

Well when it was needed you sure didnt help that much.

#49 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:52 PM

also would like to point out were 6-1 when we finally gave up on jaminson.

#50 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:55 PM

consitent production/and or shot making at the backup 4 spot really is what has the bench surviving

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#51 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,230 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Lol that isn't the reason.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Nope his production is very needed, it's just that he decided to coast and it's cost him big time because of Metta's play, Pau's return, and Hill's effort on the court.

I feel very bad for Jamison but in this situation he decided to coast and it's costing him.

Sucks there always have to be SOMETHING to bring down an otherwise positive night. Wouldn't you say?

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#53 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,602 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:59 PM

Lol that isn't the reason.

Oh really cuz every sense we have moved metta to the back up for and kobe to the 3 and stopped playing jaminson we have been playing much much better. Jaminson had tons of chances and he was extremly inconstant on offense and was horrible always on defense.

#54 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:00 PM

lets trade him for a player at a position where services are needed!!! very need actually! PG/SF . PG to add to the bench the only thing its missing - offense off the dribble (#1need) or a SF so the biggest bum in the nba/dleague doesnt have to play anymore (morris)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 28, 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:01 PM

lets trade him for a player at a position where services are needed!!! very need actually! PG/SF . PG to add to the bench the only thing the its missing - offense off the dribble (#1need) or a SF so the biggest bum in the nba/dleague doesnt have to play anymore (morris)

if Jamison could play the backup 3 we'd be fine. sadly that's not been the case as of yet. Though he has had moments of playing well, laying an egg during Pau's absense has him in a bad place.

as long as Hill keeps producing and as long as Metta keeps playing the backup 4 well. Then Jamison's only chance is at the backup 3 position.

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#56 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,230 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:07 PM

Oh really cuz every sense we have moved metta to the back up for and kobe to the 3 and stopped playing jaminson we have been playing much much better. Jaminson had tons of chances and he was extremly inconstant on offense and was horrible always on defense.

You just said it yourself. Metta has been balling since he's moved to the 4 and Kobe has done better as the 3 not having to spend as much energy guarding the 2. Jamison alone wasn't holding the team back from going 6-1, ridiculous. The team has just started to pick it up, having Nash back has helped quite a bit as well.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:10 PM

I think that Jamison may get an opportunity soon because of Hill's mid range not falling but we'll see.

My guess is D'antoni doesn't trust a 4/5 lineup with Gasol and Jamison.

#58 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,666 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:15 PM

How does Henderson fit in this team? Jodie already has the backup 2 spot, he can't play the 3, Blake will be at the 1.Maybe he can start at the 2 than Morris I don't know.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,623 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:15 PM

Posted Image Serena Winters@SerenaWinters
I also asked coach D'Antoni if sitting Jamison at the end of the 4th was more of a respect issue for the veteran....he said yes.

#60 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:23 PM

How does Henderson fit in this team? Jodie already has the backup 2 spot, he can't play the 3, Blake will be at the 1.Maybe he can start at the 2 than Morris I don't know.

henderson from the bobcats? hes a tall 6'5 , he can play the 3 no problem, hes a solid defender and his O is good ,too. hed be good for this team,no doubt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users