#1 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:35 PM

I still dont understand why the guy is out of the rotation, what does D'Antoni have against him? Hes a perfect stretch 4, for the 4 out 1 in he runs with howard and the bench. Duhon/Meeks/Artest/Jamison/Dwight. That should be our second unit. I really wish he could start getting minutes because I'm starting to feel bad, the guy took a paycut to play with us and hes gathering DNP's like hes luke walton or something.

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:35 PM

I still dont understand why the guy is out of the rotation,

Then you haven't watched him play before he got his minutes yanked.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:37 PM

What I just put in another thread:

Jamison can't play the three. I don't get why people do not understand this.

Hill is playing the back up 5 minutes and Metta has taken advantage of playing the four. Jamison has already proven he cannot play the three. I'd love to see Jamison on the court as well but not at the expense of Hill or Metta. Plus he's a liability defensively.

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:39 PM

And what I said under what he said

funny thing is, one of his good games he was at the three was when he got a rhythm because he played in the post and took advantage of the mismatch and it got him into a rhythm and he was able to start knocking down his jumpers because of it.

When he plays aggressively in the post or being an aggressive cutter whether it be at the 3/4 it's a good sign.

But when he's just camping the 3 point line and putting no effort on either end, he's a liability.

#5 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:40 PM

Then you haven't watched him play before he got his minutes yanked.

I have actually on a stupid blurry online stream,(Thanks Dish!)

His shot was inconsistent but so is Jodies, and a shooter needs to keep shooting to get out of the slump, the guy is a career what 40 percent 3 point shooter? he can rebound and run the floor

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#6 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:41 PM

And what I am saying under what two of you said

Hill, not Jamison, should be the one that is mixed in the rotation. :powell:

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:44 PM

His shot was inconsistent but so is Jodies, and a shooter needs to keep shooting to get out of the slump, the guy is a career what 40 percent 3 point shooter? he can rebound and run the floor

Jamison is a career 34 % shooter and hasn't shot 35% or better since 2008-2009.

#8 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Been saying this for more than a week, The guy was coasting. He got his starting job and minutes and got to comfortable.

He wasnt scoring and if he isn't scoring he's useless His defense has always been horrible.

Metta is playing much much better at the 4 than he would and jaminosn cant play the 3.

There is no place to put him in. Were not gonna put a 36 year old in so maybe he will play better.

Basically were on a 5 game win streak without playing the guy. We were on a 4 game losing streak with him get constant minutes.

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:46 PM

Well here is the thing. Meeks can be hot or cold but he always gives effort or hustle on either end even if he is playing HORRID. But he plays his one dimension well. It's his job.

It was Jamison's job to be the anchor of the bench and get rebounds make shots, take advantage of the post and knock down the open threes.

Jamison has done that twice and then once he got minutes he stopped playing with an effort and started only camping the three point line. While not giving any effort defensively, nor going after any rebounds, while making stupid fouls. His CHANCE was when Pau went out, THAT was Jamison's chance to show what he can do and he did the impossible, he made fans ready to trade Pau, MISS him. Know who stepped up at the 4 position while Pau was out? MWP and now he is the permanent bench 4 because of it. Jamison lost his spot because when it was his time to shine he blew it and coasted.

He basically went into "coast" mode once he got his minutes.

That's why Metta has taken that job from him. What Metta is doing right now offensively is what Jamison was intended to do, but Metta gives effort every night and takes advantage of the matchups given to him, and doing it on a consistent basis.

Jamison for whatever reason's effort dipped once he got his minutes.

Metta will always be the better backup 4 right now so Jamison is going to be relegated to the bench 3 spot UNLESS Metta got in foul trouble early. And D'antoni put Morris in there to pick up those fouls and mitigate time so that wouldn't happen(to Metta or Meeks)

Jamison needs to get back to being aggressive, when he played aggressively he could score over 20 and yank down double digit rebounds. But when he's playing with no effort, and just coasting and camping the three point line, he's a liability on both offense AND defense. D'antoni realized this and yanked him. He's gonna have to earn those minutes back and unfortunately for him the bench 4 spot is taken indefinitely by Metta now because of his effort and play. He has no one to blame but himself.

Edited by Majesty, December 26, 2012 - 03:49 PM.

#10 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:50 PM

Meeks is a good defender. Puts in 100% every game. And he is way more consistant than jaminson.

Jaminson had 6 games over 10 points where meeks right now has had 11.

Also would like to add allot of those higher scoring games are recent meaning he's improving. Jaminson got worse.

#11 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,142 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:44 PM

I also would like to see him on the floor but If Jamison is not going to be playing then we should trade him, maybe pack him with Gasol or something. Sucks though I really liked Jamison but he has been more cold than hot this season.

Posted Image

#12 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,249 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 26, 2012 - 05:45 PM

It's a tough call. I think he and Hill deserve minutes, but Hill gives you so much more effort on defense, rebounds, and hustle points. Plus Metta is playing so well at the 4. So unfortunately there aren't enough minutes to go around at the 4, especially when you throw Pau into the mix as well.
Posted Image

#13 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 2,878 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 05:51 PM

We're 5 in a row right now. Some were crap teams and the last 2 have been good teams. I'm not really going to question who's playing and who isn't if we're winning.

#14 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Meeks is a good defender.

Posted Image
The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#15 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,884 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:44 PM

Posted Image

He is. Gives allot of effort and plays harder than most people on this team. Defense is allot about effort and he goes 100% all game.

#16 ColStac

ColStac

Bleed Purple and Gold

• 483 posts
  • Name:Colmon
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Ok. However, giving effort and playing good defense are two different things. We've all seen a lot of guys in sports who play hard and win the hustle award, but are not very good at the game. Meeks is not a very good perimeter defender. He hardly stays in front of anyone and more often then not, the defense gets broken down because a big has to rotate to help on his man. To be fair it's not just him, nearly all of our perimeter guys have slow feet.

Edited by ColStac, December 26, 2012 - 08:49 PM.

The game changes, the players turnover, but the Mamba remains a constant!

#17 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,775 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Should we trade him if hes not playing..

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#18 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:08 PM

Against the Cavs I remember he couldn't buy anything. He's probably in the doghouse cause he hasn't hit his open shots when he's played lately.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,170 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Against the Cavs I remember he couldn't buy anything. He's probably in the doghouse cause he hasn't hit his open shots when he's played lately.

it was his bad D and bad fouls(especially on Irving late) that did it.

#20 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,394 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:50 PM

it was his bad D and bad fouls(especially on Irving late) that did it.

Well yeah his D is pretty awful at all times. If he's not stretching the floor there isn't much point to playing him

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users