#1 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,245 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 26, 2012 - 06:06 AM

Marc J. Spears@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers aren't interested in opening a roster spot to acquire Derek Fisher, Kenyon Martin or any other free agent, a source told Y! Sports.

No more we should sign this guy threads lol

Edited by Michaelyumm, December 26, 2012 - 06:09 AM.

#2 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,101 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 06:25 AM

We can't implement none of those names to our rotation anyway. We are good for now.

#3 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 07:04 AM

trades?

#4 Thanatos

Thanatos

Rookie

• 1,233 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted December 26, 2012 - 07:34 AM

Honestly I'd rather have Fisher or Martin than DJO...
Posted Image

#5 bobekryant

bobekryant

Rookie

• 469 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 07:52 AM

I have little faith in Fish running D'Antoni's offense any better than Morris/Duhon in sub minutes. And his defense will be worse. As for Martin, what can he do that Hill doesn't already provide?

#6 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,293 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:46 AM

hmm

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#7 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Derek Fisher would be the worst PG in the league. If he was in the league.

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,105 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Honestly I'd rather have Fisher or Martin than DJO...

First of all Fisher and Duhon initially will give you the same thing offensively and Duhon gives a little more defensively which isn't much. DJO is a young player who is tearing it up in the D-league(yeah I know it doesn't mean much right now) but we aren't signing Duhon long term. So the Lakers are probably looking at DJO's development and like his athleticism and want to see what he'll be bringing into next years training camp. Martin is no longer needed to lead a bench when Metta is playing so well.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 954 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:43 PM

Metta and Martin would be a nice defensive duo alongside Hill on the bench. It is what it is though.....

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#10 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,658 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:29 PM

Waive Sacre and sign Martin! Sure he's older and all but he can be a decent backup. Or MDA should freaking play Jamison.

Edited by ツ  , December 26, 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#11 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:32 PM

Waive Sacre and sign Martin! Sure he's older and all but he can be a decent backup. Or MDA should freaking play Jamison.

When does it become Jamison's job to play well enough to earn minutes and not play terrible when he gets them?

Anyway all this means is that they'll be getting their pieces via trades. Wonder who they can get for Duhon, Ebanks, Clark. But we shall see I guess.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:36 PM

Jamison can't play the three. I don't get why people do not understand this.

Hill is playing the back up 5 minutes and Metta has taken advantage of playing the four. Jamison has already proven he cannot play the three. I'd love to see Jamison on the court as well but not at the expense of Hill or Metta. Plus he's a liability defensively.

#13 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:38 PM

Jamison can't play the three. I don't get why people do not understand this.

Hill is playing the back up 5 minutes and Metta has taken advantage of playing the four. Jamison has already proven he cannot play the three. I'd love to see Jamison on the court as well but not at the expense of Hill or Metta. Plus he's a liability defensively.

funny thing is, one of his good games he was at the three was when he got a rhythm because he played in the post and took advantage of the mismatch and it got him into a rhythm and he was able to start knocking down his jumpers because of it.

When he plays aggressively in the post or being an aggressive cutter whether it be at the 3/4 it's a good sign.

But when he's just camping the 3 point line and putting no effort on either end, he's a liability.

#14 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Kobe's move to starting SF has gotten rid of our backup SF issue. With Morris as the token starter at SG, Kobe is soaking up minutes at SF that would otherwise go to a backup SF, then MWP comes in to play SF with the starters to close out games. With this set-up, we don't need to worry about MWP being gassed at the end of games or having to play Ebanks, who is terrible. We've basically covered up our hole at that position for now, and as a result Jamison has completely fallen out of the rotation. Jordan Hill has been too effective thus far to not give him minutes. With MWP and Hill getting the minutes at backup 4, Jamison is the odd man out. His inconsistent play after a stretch of good games certainly didn't help him either.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,105 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 03:55 PM

Kobe's move to starting SF has gotten rid of our backup SF issue. With Morris as the token starter at SG, Kobe is soaking up minutes at SF that would otherwise go to a backup SF, then MWP comes in to play SF with the starters to close out games. With this set-up, we don't need to worry about MWP being gassed at the end of games or having to play Ebanks, who is terrible. We've basically covered up our hole at that position for now, and as a result Jamison has completely fallen out of the rotation. Jordan Hill has been too effective thus far to not give him minutes. With MWP and Hill getting the minutes at backup 4, Jamison is the odd man out. His inconsistent play after a stretch of good games certainly didn't help him either.

That alongside his untimely and bad fouls whenever he'd be leading someone to Dwight. His bad fouls also had a lot to do with it, not only was he playing with no effort defensively, he was making terrible fouls on top of it.

#16 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,359 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:19 AM

We're already sucking. Why not give DJO a shot!! This is where POP or a Miami team would find a way to groom a young buck and by playoff time he would be contributing like Chalmers or Leonard. It's amazing how San Antonio can turn a bunch of NOBODYS into major factors and we have a bunch of expensive names trying to figure it out on defense. Last checked Tim has only one less championship than Kobe without ever having a TRUE Big Three FOUR FIVE or SIX

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users