Photo

LA Lakers at Denver

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1081 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:53 PM

It's true. We didn't play a lazy lackadaisical game where we slept walk through it. We kept fighting throughout the game. Our effort on help defense and rebounds wasn't good though. It's a correct statement. Though it was cute how you tried to bold something from two separate sentences with two separate points.

We didn't play a lazy lackadasical game. We kept fighting.

Our problem was the effort on REBOUNDS

If you quote the entire statement instead of bolding what you want when the sentence doesn't end it makes perfect sense.

If you're gonna bold my stuff at least get the entire sentence. Otherwise it just looks like you're reaching.

Edited by Majesty, December 26, 2012 - 08:55 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1082 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Kimagure Orange Road

• 9,040 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Grant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:54 PM

On a positive note, Jamaal Wilkes' jersey will be retired on Friday's game against Portland.

"You watch anime?"

- "Yeah, I just got into it! Just recently, I just started watching Attack on Ti-"

"Get away from me, pleb."

#1083 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,472 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:00 PM

I think giving up 126 points was more to blame than the refs, brewer, MWP, a back to back or anything else people can come up with. You give up 126, you lose. That is indicative of a team that cannot get stops.

#1084 reryo

reryo

Rookie

• 1,332 posts
  • Name:Lee
  • Fan Since:2006
  • Fav. Laker:Odom

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Yup, Denver rolled over for the Clippers to save energy for tonight.

#1085 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:24 PM

On a positive note, pizza by Papa Johns will be 50% off tomorrow.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#1086 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:33 PM

I think giving up 126 points was more to blame than the refs, brewer, MWP, a back to back or anything else people can come up with. You give up 126, you lose. That is indicative of a team that cannot get stops.

If the Lakers can win a few individual match-ups, it would do wonders for this team. Right now, the Lakers just don't have enough of that. Too much help defense is needed.

A few players win their individual match-ups, it limits the amount of ground the help needs to compensate for.

Posted Image

#1087 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,472 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:49 PM

If the Lakers can win a few individual match-ups, it would do wonders for this team. Right now, the Lakers just don't have enough of that. Too much help defense is needed.

A few players win their individual match-ups, it limits the amount of ground the help needs to compensate for.

I agree. The problem is they can't. Nash has never guarded anyone. Kobe hasn't in 3 years. Pau has to be the worst at his position. So there is over half of the starters for this team who are pretty limited defensively. MWP is fine but has lost a step and Dwight is the best in the game. Problem is not effort. It's age.

#1088 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:42 PM

I agree. The problem is they can't. Nash has never guarded anyone. Kobe hasn't in 3 years. Pau has to be the worst at his position. So there is over half of the starters for this team who are pretty limited defensively. MWP is fine but has lost a step and Dwight is the best in the game. Problem is not effort. It's age.

You got it reversed.

#1089 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Mark this one up to getting screwed by the refs

- 4 times Kobe attacked the basket and didn't get a foul call. You dont think Faried getting 3 fouls on him wouldn't make a difference? The dude outrebounded our PF 15-6. Kobe got hit in the face at the halftime buzzer mind you
- Howard got mugged 3 times inside
- Pau got pushed when Nash found him in the P & R roll for a layup (Faried got away with a foul)
- Gallinari got away with an up and under travel
- McGee got away with a travel on that play where Nash and Howard argued (its the same call that Howard was called for travel yesterday)
- Meeks attacked the basket hard on a drive and got mugged and pushed down by Brewer. No call

We would've won this game if it weren't for refs. It was quite demoralizing to watch this team try its hardest for 3 quarters and after Howard got ejected they just didnt exert more on Defense. Just frustration from lack of calls from 1st 3 Qs carried over to the 4th

We fought till the end, Kobe and Nash still have it. Metta and Pau battled till the end and Im very proud of it

considering its a back to back in Denver where teams rarely win we put in a winning effort in my opinion and got screwed.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#1090 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,085 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 11:43 PM

Mark this one up to getting screwed by the refs

- 4 times Kobe attacked the basket and didn't get a foul call. You dont think Faried getting 3 fouls on him wouldn't make a difference? The dude outrebounded our PF 15-6. Kobe got hit in the face at the halftime buzzer mind you
- Howard got mugged 3 times inside
- Pau got pushed when Nash found him in the P & R roll for a layup (Faried got away with a foul)
- Gallinari got away with an up and under travel
- McGee got away with a travel on that play where Nash and Howard argued (its the same call that Howard was called for travel yesterday)
- Meeks attacked the basket hard on a drive and got mugged and pushed down by Brewer. No call

We would've won this game if it weren't for refs. It was quite demoralizing to watch this team try its hardest for 3 quarters and after Howard got ejected they just didnt exert more on Defense. Just frustration from lack of calls from 1st 3 Qs carried over to the 4th

We fought till the end, Kobe and Nash still have it. Metta and Pau battled till the end and Im very proud of it

considering its a back to back in Denver where teams rarely win we put in a winning effort in my opinion and got screwed.

I always hated using the ref card because it makes it seem that one tries to justify a loss for their team through the actions of others aside from the players. On this one though, I'll have to agree with you to great extent. The officiating this entire season, as a matter of fact, has been atrocious.

Edited by -Wade-, December 26, 2012 - 11:43 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#1091 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,054 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:25 AM

I think Metta is actually the biggest problem just because he has the biggest responsibility. He's usually on the best perimeter player, and he's just not able to keep up anymore. If the Lakers got a legit stopper(somebody who can shut down good players/slow down great players), that would help the Lakers out the most.

Posted Image

#1092 ____

____

Superstar

• 7,145 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:25 AM

126 points...hahah.

Lakers all about that _efense. :rock2:

#1093 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,079 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 05:55 AM

126 points...hahah.

Lakers all about that _efense. :rock2:

They were when they just held the Knicks to under 100.

One game doesn't make you solid, one game doesn't make you terrible. When they give the effort to help defense, rebounding after initial stops, and communication teams have trouble scoring 100, when they don't like tonight we get scored on. Losing Dwight for a quarter and a half didn't help either, especially when the game was almost a 5 point game without him and why Denver started driving it inside and then using that to decoy their passes to the three point line. Dwight was no longer there so it was drive, or drive and dish city and Pau can't be counted on to anchor anything on that end, nobody is scared of him. Pretty simple really.

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 05:58 AM.

#1094 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,969 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:04 PM

Give me new game day thread

• 40,603 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:15 PM

Please give us a new game day thread

yo.