94 replies to this topic

#41 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:07 AM

love wilson chandlers game, i wouldnt trade pau to denver for any deal with them,tho,,they dont have a good rebounding stretch 4..
maybe a deal of Hill+Jamison could bring in chandler

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#42 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,533 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:10 AM

At this point, a PG is not our biggest need. Nash is great and defensively he's half-decent. Morris/Duhon/Blake are less than ideal back-ups, but all three can shoot the 3, Blake is tough and both Duhon/Morris are average-ish defensively.

The wing is where our problem is. Now that MWP is the back-up 4 and Kobe is starting at the 3, we basically dont have a starting SG and we dont have a back-up 3. It wouldn't hurt to have one of those "irrational confidence guys" like JR Smith.
Like i've said before, Leandro Barbosa and Courtey Lee would be nice.

i disagree. but it doesnt matter what position ,honestly, we just need a go-to-guy on the wing for our 2nd unit.

"The West aint close, now that the LAL got Dwight, who gon stop him on OKC!????" - Chris Webber (nba tv -August)

Big 4s are OVERRATED. you think Nash/Kobe/Dwight cant carry the whole Offensive load!?
(Peace Pau we need pieces, not MettaWorldPieces!!!!!!!!)

#43 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:21 AM

love wilson chandlers game, i wouldnt trade pau to denver for any deal with them,tho,,they dont have a good rebounding stretch 4..
maybe a deal of Hill+Jamison could bring in chandler

They have Faried who is a beast on the boards, he can't stretch the floor but neither can Hill, Jamison can though who would be just another Harrington with Denver.

And I know he is not a good 3pt shooter, the same can be said about Peace, when Wilson is healthy he shots about the same percentage. I think Wilson is the more consistent shooter than Peace even when Peace has the better percentage this season.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 11:22 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#44 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:21 AM

Wilson Chandler probably wont be back for at least a few weeks and i'm not sure if he fits into the system, though he did play well with D'Antoni in NY. I just wouldn't want to gamble on someone who is coming back from injury.

At this point i'm not really sure what's going to happen - i hope they have something in place that'll happen after jan 15th where many FAs become available.

#45 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:31 AM

Wilson Chandler probably wont be back for at least a few weeks and i'm not sure if he fits into the system, though he did play well with D'Antoni in NY. I just wouldn't want to gamble on someone who is coming back from injury.

At this point i'm not really sure what's going to happen - i hope they have something in place that'll happen after jan 15th where many FAs become available.

He fits perfectly in MDA system. He will back practicing on Jan 1st. It's nothing too big just takes a while to heal. Yeah, I get what you're saying though.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#46 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:44 AM

A guy we could get, who would fit nicely in the system is Michael Beasley, though he is a bit of a risk. Beasley is a PF who can shoot and handle the ball and he can rebound very well. His defense is suspect, but he has the physical tools to be good.
So far in his career Beasley have been a major disappointment, but at 23 he has potential. In LA, in a D'Antoni system that is relatively straight-forward where he has a clear defined role and a lot of vets around him he could be really good.

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,364 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:18 PM

He fits perfectly in MDA system. He will back practicing on Jan 1st. It's nothing too big just takes a while to heal. Yeah, I get what you're saying though.

How about we stop looking at people that are injured and are gonna need to get back in shape top be effective? We've had enough of that this year and already are waiting for our backup PG to come back from one. if we got someone they should be healthy, not waited on. We can't afford to get another player to 'wait" on.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#48 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:22 PM

How about you stop telling what people should not look at k? Cool

#49 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,364 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:43 PM

How about you stop telling what people should not look at k? Cool

Then you should stop telling people who to look at. Which unfortunately is the point of a trade/ideas thread ;)

People talk about who should be looked at and others agree or disagree. So if you can't then the thread is pointless.

So I guess you have no more posting to do here in this thread via your logic :)

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#50 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:49 PM

Uh no... I wasn't telling people who to look at, I was asking everyone how they felt about Wilson. You can't tell me who to look at or not. Simple =]

I dont have no problem with someone disagreeing, Just dont tell me what not to look at simple. Should have said it in different way

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#51 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,364 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:55 PM

Uh no... I wasn't telling people who to look at, I was asking everyone how they felt about Wilson. You can't tell me who to look at or not. Simple =]

It's the same thing buddy :)

When on a forum and talking with other people if you disagree you're basically telling someone why you disagree and why they shouldn't feel the way they do. That's the point of a debate. That plus the fact you're trying to make the "we" SINGULAR to you, instead of broadening it to the larger point that fans have been asking for players that are "injured" for a while.

Something with which I disagree with. So I'm speaking in a broader term that you decided to personalize, which if we break down every debate it can be personalized in such a way. So in such if I can't say "We" in terms of the team or some opinions, because you're going to personalize it, it can be done with any debate anywhere anytime.

And as I said that's the point with a trade/ideas thread :) So again, breaking down your logic you're basically telling people not to disagree with you because you'll take it personal because they're trying to change your opinion and thus you take it as being told what not to do or think. It's actually very simple debate 101 the way I used "we" was not singular to you, and if you try to oversimplify it down to yourself I could do the same to anything you say no matter if it was direct to me or not ;)

So agree to disagree and move on.

Nice try though :)

But no, it's time "WE" stopped looking at injured players and start looking at healthy players that can contribute to the team right away that "WE" won't have to wait on :)

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 02:57 PM.

#52 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 02:59 PM

Aint nobody say anything about an injured player recently in this thread except me so "we" was referring to "me". Like I said you should have wrote it differently. I don't have no problem with someone disagreeing but you will not tell me who to stop looking at, stop telling people what they should not do. Its that simple. Have a nice day.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#53 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,364 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:11 PM

Aint nobody say anything about an injured player recently in this thread except me so "we" was referring to "me". Like I said you should have wrote it differently. I don't have no problem with someone disagreeing but you will not tell me who to stop looking at, stop telling people what they should not do. Its that simple. Have a nice day.

THAT is why I said I'm talking in general.

I haven't forgotten the posters clamoring for Danny Granger(also dealing with injury) and even some asking for Livingston(on and off)

So yeah ;) Try again :)

WE should stop looking at injured players to try to bring on our team.. Players like Granger, Livingston, and your boy Chandler :)

Good luck trying to personalize that :)

As again, you can try to personalize it all you want, but I'm talking about a much broader span of ideas I've seen over time, which is why I said "we" and not "YOU" so yeah :)

Again, nice try.

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#54 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:20 PM

Aint no try again, I dont give a [expletive] if they were clamoring for Bynum, stop telling people what they should not do. And if you read my post I said when he was healed and his game didn't change. I didnt say get him while he was still injured. Like I said have a nice day.

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,364 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:31 PM

Aint no try again, I dont give a [expletive] if they were clamoring for Bynum, stop telling people what they should not do. And if you read my post I said when he was healed and his game didn't change. I didnt say get him while he was still injured. Like I said have a nice day.

Don't get mad :) Cursing doesn't get your point across better.

Like I said, I didn't personalize it to you. let it go and move on.

Chandler as of right now is injured so I wouldn't be looking at him.

There are healthier people to look at that can add to us as a team in general. If Gerald Henderson didn't have the contract he had, I'd send some of our bench fodder to Charlotte for him to play our 2 as he'd be a better 2 for us than Morris although his field goal percentage leaves something to be desired(though he shoots 45% from three this year) and his defense isn't "TOP" notch. He's a better 2 for us than Morris would be but that's my opinion.

On second thought his contract isn't that bad and it's only a one year. If Charlotte was dumb enough to take our bench fodder for him I'd take it.

Edited by Majesty, December 27, 2012 - 03:34 PM.

#56 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

Starter

• 5,581 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 03:53 PM

lol I'm not mad just because I say one curse word i'm mad? You do know you can curse without being mad.

That's you if you wouldn't look at him but I was, I knew he was injured but wasnt looking at that.

Moving on we shall though.

Josh Smith will be Free Agent I would love to have him on this team.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#57 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 06:54 AM

Chill folks. Harrison barnes game is good. Reminds me of kobe

#58 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:30 AM

What yall think of Wilson Chandler?

I know he suffered a labral tear on his left hip, so that is the only problem that I have with him, but if he can heal properly and come back and see no change in his game I would love to have him...

He has a big contract and can't stay healthy

#59 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,109 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:32 AM

A guy we could get, who would fit nicely in the system is Michael Beasley, though he is a bit of a risk. Beasley is a PF who can shoot and handle the ball and he can rebound very well. His defense is suspect, but he has the physical tools to be good.
So far in his career Beasley have been a major disappointment, but at 23 he has potential. In LA, in a D'Antoni system that is relatively straight-forward where he has a clear defined role and a lot of vets around him he could be really good.

How many times do I have to say this HE'S LAZY and has been benched for the suns and is having a really bad season

#60 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,591 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:32 AM

How many times do I have to say this HE'S LAZY and has been benched for the suns and is having a really bad season

I dont disagree. I just believe that Michael Beasley still has potential - the dude is only 23!
He is 6'10'' and can shoot the 3, can score from anywhere and he rebounds very well. The problem with Beasley is his head and maturity (or lack of) which makes me think that in a system like D'Antoni's that is faily simple, where he's supposed to shoot if he can and where he has a guy like Dwight Howard protecting the rim, he could turn his career around. Especially with the role-models surrounding him.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users