94 replies to this topic

#21 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:04 PM

The only need is a starting guard or forward to put Morris on the bench. Someone like Ariza, wright, Matthews, Jordan Crawford

You get the point. Someone to put in the starting 5 that can solidify our rotation permanently. All of those players IMO are in the value range of Jordan hill who IMO is expendable despite playing more all around recently.

Having said that I don't think it's a great idea to disrupt chemistry right now. This would have been something I would have done had we still been slipping by jan. 15 just because IMO it'd be the final piece. Having a legit perimeter player with other than Kobe and Nash would just complete this team period.

Aliza is hurt Wright isn't that good and no way in hell would Portland get rid of Matthews he's great on both sides of the ball and Jordan Crawford is the main guy for the Wizards right now

#22 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:10 PM

Barea could be ideal for us but he is bad on defense and is a shoot first PG ..... I have a few doubts about him

our 2nd unit kind of needs a shoot first pg,,,the 2nd unit needs a guy who can get his own shot on the wing,get us points,,,and of course,being a pg,he'll find others too. hes available,too..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#23 Calisupra2nr

Calisupra2nr

Rookie

• 849 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic & Kobe

Posted December 26, 2012 - 01:25 PM

Pau for Jeff Green and Avery Bradley was proposed on ESPN... actually not a bad idea...hmm

#24 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio

Posted December 26, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Ryan Anderson is the perfect stretch 4 to play along with Dwight Howard. He is an outstanding shooter and he is not neither a bad rebounder nor a weak defender. In addition, Al-Farouq Aminu would be the perfect athletic SF back-up with a small contract and a high potential. We could easily get these two guys plus draft picks for Pau Gasol.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#25 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,667 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 26, 2012 - 02:24 PM

Ryan Anderson is the perfect stretch 4 to play along with Dwight Howard. He is an outstanding shooter and he is not neither a bad rebounder nor a weak defender. In addition, Al-Farouq Aminu would be the perfect athletic SF back-up with a small contract and a high potential. We could easily get these two guys plus draft picks for Pau Gasol.

The Hornets are not taking Pau's contract.

#26 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Anderson/Aminu/Two draft picks for Pau Gasol.

Unless Kupchak kidnapped the Hornets GM's family until he says "deal", I am pretty damn sure that deal is not realistic in the slightest

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,684 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:02 PM

Anderson/Aminu/Two draft picks for Pau Gasol.

Unless Kupchak kidnapped the Hornets GM's family until he says "deal", I am pretty damn sure that deal is not realistic in the slightest

But tell me, when you saw Gasol hit that three off the Nash pass, weren't you imagining if that was Ryan Anderson? =p

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:14 PM

Need Pau Gasol to keep facilitating out of the high post and rolling on every P&R set. He should park his ass in the post whenever he gets the chance. He made a three yesterday, but I cringe every time he takes a shot from that far out. An elbow jumper is the farthest he should ever take a shot unless it's at the end of the shot clock.

Want a player that can give us quality minutes at SG/SF to solidify our rotation.

#29 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,121 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:20 PM

Need Pau Gasol to keep facilitating out of the high post and rolling on every P&R set. He should park his ass in the post whenever he gets the chance. He made a three yesterday, but I cringe every time he takes a shot from that far out. An elbow jumper is the farthest he should ever take a shot unless it's at the end of the shot clock.

Want a player that can give us quality minutes at SG/SF to solidify our rotation.

Let me ask you this question. Does that job requirement have be worth $19,000,000? He has a high skill set but his role on this team is small. He is not worth how much we are paying him. It is either MDA's system is not utilizing Gasol properly or Pau is just scared to take charge. It would be interesting to see what the Buss family decides. Remember, the new tax kicks in next season.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#30 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 26, 2012 - 04:55 PM

I don't care about the tax or salary much since I'm not paying it, that's up to the Buss family to deal with. If Pau is as effective for us on the offensive end as he has been the last two games, then he should stay. All we've needed from him his entire time here is effectiveness and aggressiveness on the offensive end. Defense has been a lost cause, but Pau is simply too skilled offensively to produce as he has to this point. An aggressive Gasol puts us on another level, but we need to see it more often than we have to this point.

Until the Golden State game, I hadn't seen that high post action from him or much of that set at all really. Nash's familiarity with the system and his general basketball IQ is what makes that play possible. Having that 2nd facilitator on the floor and relegating both Kobe and Dwight to primarily playing as finishers within that set is very valuable to this team. I had my doubts about Nash revitalizing Gasol, but if he can continue facilitating and playing effectively for us, I don't mind him being on this team. It's when he gives us nothing on the floor on either end that he becomes useless to us.

If we get a nice offer for him with a number of useful players I'd still make that deal though, no question about it, but it's not as urgent as it was before. I'm content to see how things play out for a while.

#31 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted December 26, 2012 - 07:05 PM

Wow Pau got pretty aggressive driving to the hoop , also made two threes in a row. For real?

Dam someone like ty lawson really exposes our PG woes BAD. the starter and his backup being burned on defence. Duhon seriously brings zero offence. This is when a defensive backup pg will help. Delonte west.....

Now with bad shooting nights like this for MWP it will be better to have a offensive SF to take off some minutes from MWP.

Edited by Renegade, December 26, 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#32 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,368 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 27, 2012 - 04:57 AM

Need: An athletic 6'8" or 6'9" small forward (in his prime) and another player who can create, penetrate and finish off the dribble.
Want: To get rid of Ebanks, and Blake. And if MWP can't slow down Carmelo, LeBron and Durant, he can go too. See above. I would also like a Guard (other than Kobe) that can dunk :laughing:

#33 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 05:21 AM

we obviously need a 2nd unit pg, or a wing who can create off the dribble.or a go-to-scorer in that unit

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#34 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 27, 2012 - 05:31 AM

Need: A solid wing and a back-up pg.
Want: Courtney Lee and Leandro Barbosa

#35 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 06:37 AM

Need: A solid wing and a back-up pg.
Want: Courtney Lee and Leandro Barbosa

not leandro if u meant him as backup pg. we need someone who can actually defend. theres not much shots to go around for an offensive backup pg.

#36 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:10 AM

not leandro if u meant him as backup pg. we need someone who can actually defend. theres not much shots to go around for an offensive backup pg.

dude, our 2nd unit needs more scoring man. your gunna count on mwp and pau ever game? cmon son, theres not alot of shots to go around in the first unit!but the 2nd unit needs a scorer

#37 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 09:19 AM

dude, our 2nd unit needs more scoring man. your gunna count on mwp and pau ever game? cmon son, theres not alot of shots to go around in the first unit!but the 2nd unit needs a scorer

I agree the 2nd unit needs scoring but I rathar the backup SF be a scoring type and backup PG to be a defensive player.

We need a pg that can actually defend. Nash should be kept at around 34 minutes, this pg needs to bring solid D for 14 minutes and subbed in when opponent point guard torches Nash.

cp3
rondo
westbrook
d will
rose
holiday
irving
parker
kemba walker
brandon jennings
mike conley
kidd
ty lawson
lilard
curry
wall
Lin
aaron brooks
curry
collison
norris cole
jarett jack
brandon knight
rubio
sessions
isiah thomas
mo williams
Derek Fisher

Yeah this is some of the names i can think of right now... i just hate seeing how our opponents burn our pg for 48 minutes straight. It always starts at the PG. Whenever opponents blow by our pg, our defence collapses.

edit:
Howard's getting frustrated with the lack of defense around him. He mentioned it post-game.

Having to help out on almost every play on defense must be tough for somebody still coming back from a major injury.

Edited by Renegade, December 27, 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#38 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:21 AM

At this point, a PG is not our biggest need. Nash is great and defensively he's half-decent. Morris/Duhon/Blake are less than ideal back-ups, but all three can shoot the 3, Blake is tough and both Duhon/Morris are average-ish defensively.

The wing is where our problem is. Now that MWP is the back-up 4 and Kobe is starting at the 3, we basically dont have a starting SG and we dont have a back-up 3. It wouldn't hurt to have one of those "irrational confidence guys" like JR Smith.
Like i've said before, Leandro Barbosa and Courtey Lee would be nice.

#39 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,320 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted December 27, 2012 - 10:57 AM

What yall think of Wilson Chandler?

I know he suffered a labral tear on his left hip, so that is the only problem that I have with him, but if he can heal properly and come back and see no change in his game I would love to have him...

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 27, 2012 - 11:01 AM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#40 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,467 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:05 AM

What yall think of Wilson Chandler?

I know he suffered a labral tear on his left hip, so that is the only problem that I have with him, but if he can get healthy and come back and see no change in his game I would love to have him...

There definitely deals to be made with Denver, who could actually use a guy like Gasol.
Dont know if i'd want to take on Wilson Chandler's massive contract (4ys/26 millions) when his health going forward is in question. Also, he isn't a good 3pt shooter.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users