94 replies to this topic

#1 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 25, 2012 - 04:56 AM

Our offence is great but there is a key flaw.
Nash PNR ability, also has a lethal 3 point shot, Howard doing damage in the post while Kobe and MWP are attacking the wings with ease. HOWEVER, our power forward Gasol is really the odd one out. In this offence spacing is very important. Gasol is inconsistent midrange and does not has the ability to shoot the 3 regularly. I believe he can still be dominant in the low block but this dude mostly choose to roam at mid range. As such defenders will play off him, if i was defending Gasol, i will gladly let him take a open mid range shot then leaving the paint vulnerable to Howard Bryant and MWP. The only thing Gasol has is his ability to pass and maybe get some defensive rebounds. defensively he is a liability and his offence is not sufficient enough. Maybe its just not suitable in this offence.

With the emergence of Meeks as a catch and shoot player earning more minutes at SG, Kobe will sliding down to SF for some minutes, MWP sliding to the PF, as well as Hill being effective in the minutes he got during the game against Warriors, probably should be getting more minutes at 4 and 5. Not to mention that we still have Jamison who can hit the Midrange J/3 much more effectively than Gasol.

Gasol is now really expendable. Note that he shot like only 28/120 from three in his ENTIRE nba career and his midrange game is really inconsistent.

We need a starting PF that can hit the Midrange and 3 consistently as well as play some defence. Antawn Jamison will be decent but he is currently in the doghouse and defensively isnt much better than pau.

I want a defensive back up pg and a offensive minded SF Furthermore, we only have Kobe MWP and Meeks at the 2 and 3. We need a SF to give Kobe some rest and provide depth just in case MWP and Meeks drops off in production.

I know some of you may argue that Gasol will be better when Nash is back. However there is no denying that Gasol thrives more in the post rathar than taking midrange/3s. Its better that we get a more fitting player.

Edited by Renegade, December 26, 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#2 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 25, 2012 - 05:12 AM

ilyasova/udrih -
mullens/sessions -

these two deals are our best bet at a stretch 4/backup pg deal

our 2nd unit also reallllly needs a player who can create offense off the dribble - our 2nd unit is one of few units in the nba who doesnt have such a player

Antoni has asked Pau to extend his range to 3s,and Antoni's offense is PG-centric
if we can trade Pau for a more athletic 4, and make both units more potent, why not do it?

and antawn jamison isnt a good fit imo, at this stage in his career ,he consistently gets outrebounded/plays bad D, and his jumper/offensive game is too inconsistent to negate his flaws

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 25, 2012 - 05:12 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#3 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,592 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted December 25, 2012 - 08:03 AM

Mullens doesn't really stretch the floor. I bet if Pau shot that much he'd be hitting the same percentage.
I'd love to have Sessions back though (or a similar player), he could be a lifesaver in relation to keeping Nash's minutes down and applying a little pressure to opposing defenses with his ability to push the ball.

#4 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 08:10 AM

Mullens doesn't really stretch the floor. I bet if Pau shot that much he'd be hitting the same percentage.
I'd love to have Sessions back though (or a similar player), he could be a lifesaver in relation to keeping Nash's minutes down and applying a little pressure to opposing defenses with his ability to push the ball.

mullens has gone 6/10 ,5/11,3/8 from 3 in three games this year,,,and hes made two 3s in 7 other games. he can stretch the floor man, hes got a pure stroke, and he shoots the 3 from all over the court..
and hes more athletic than Pau ,so hes better on D, and he finishes strong at the rim. https://www.youtube....h?v=uZFrOii_IuY :23

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 25, 2012 - 08:19 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#5 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 08:26 AM

Haha the last time i checked pau is just 2-8 on 3s this season.... his careers total on 3s is 28-120. I dont place any hope in him ever becoming a reliable 3 point shooter.

Edited by Renegade, December 25, 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#6 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 933 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 25, 2012 - 06:14 PM

Want players who can play great D on the perimeter.

Need Jamison to step up and be a stretch 4 we can count on.

Need time and good health to allow this starting unit to gel.

#7 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:44 PM

Pau Gasol made 1-3 from 3 tonight. Let's see if he can keep it up though....

#8 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:47 PM

Pau Gasol made 1-3 from 3 tonight. Let's see if he can keep it up though....

Dunno why but when he hit that three I was imagining how if that was Ryan Anderson how often that play would be there :laughing:

But really, good game today. ish.. by him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:52 PM

NEED a back up athletic wing and a productive back up PG

#10 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 724 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 25, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Who do you think we could get that fits that?

#11 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,175 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:05 PM

We have yet to see how Steve Blake functions under MDA.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:06 PM

Who do you think we could get that fits that?

Corey Brewer is an interesting name to think about. (is expiring and has a small contract).

#13 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:08 PM

We have yet to see how Steve Blake functions under MDA.

We need a back up point guard, not a guard. Blake is a shooter. When Nash leaves the court, we lose a lot. Someone like JJ Barea would fit that back up guard.

#14 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,239 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 25, 2012 - 11:23 PM

We need a back up point guard, not a guard. Blake is a shooter. When Nash leaves the court, we lose a lot. Someone like JJ Barea would fit that back up guard.

The pick the lakers traded to the cavs could have gotten us marquis Teague. I really wanted our pick back during draft day because I loved him in Kentucky.

#15 Renegade

Renegade

Rookie

• 549 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:58 AM

Dang pau just had one good game, not great, saw him missed like a few easy shots withnin 5 feet of the rim after nash made him open.

I will still trade him in a heartbeat if we can get an athletic stretch 4 that can defend, a defensive backup pg that can do some drive and kick and a SF that can shoot off the dribble like Jr Smith/ Gerald Green.

Note that Kobe MWP and Meeks are our only decent players that can play the SG/ SF. Its not good in the long run for Kobe to play long minutes, better to get some depth in case Meeks/ MWP production falls.

I am probably asking too much for just Pau. Hopefully his value goes up.

#16 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,225 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:41 AM

The only need is a starting guard or forward to put Morris on the bench. Someone like Ariza, wright, Matthews, Jordan Crawford

You get the point. Someone to put in the starting 5 that can solidify our rotation permanently. All of those players IMO are in the value range of Jordan hill who IMO is expendable despite playing more all around recently.

Having said that I don't think it's a great idea to disrupt chemistry right now. This would have been something I would have done had we still been slipping by jan. 15 just because IMO it'd be the final piece. Having a legit perimeter player with other than Kobe and Nash would just complete this team period.
Posted Image

#17 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,841 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted December 26, 2012 - 11:13 AM

We need KLove. We want Lebron.

Since none of those are happening do what laststand2.0v1 said.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#18 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 11:46 AM

The only need is a starting guard or forward to put Morris on the bench. Someone like Ariza, wright, Matthews, Jordan Crawford

You get the point. Someone to put in the starting 5 that can solidify our rotation permanently. All of those players IMO are in the value range of Jordan hill who IMO is expendable despite playing more all around recently.

Having said that I don't think it's a great idea to disrupt chemistry right now. This would have been something I would have done had we still been slipping by jan. 15 just because IMO it'd be the final piece. Having a legit perimeter player with other than Kobe and Nash would just complete this team period.

jordan crawford is the wiz #1 scorer,ur funny for thinking theyll give him up for Hill. and mathews is a top wing scorer for the blazers, not gunna happen. we'd be lucky if we could pull nick young. ya hes a volume shooter, but, the 2nd unit needs a go-to-ish guy, who can create his own shot, and maybe some shots for others

#19 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:00 PM

Barea could be ideal for us but he is bad on defense and is a shoot first PG ..... I have a few doubts about him

#20 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 26, 2012 - 12:01 PM

The pick the lakers traded to the cavs could have gotten us marquis Teague. I really wanted our pick back during draft day because I loved him in Kentucky.

Teague has shown flashes that he could be good in the future but right now he will need at least 2 or 3 years to develop into a NBA PG .... He's only 19

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users