Tyler Hansbrough

Sixers get:
Pau Gasol
Jodie Meeks

Pacers get:
Spencer Hawes
Darius Morris
Antawn Jamison

Dorell Wright is young wing player who can defend and knock down shots. Nick Young is replaces Jodie Meeks off the bench for salary reasons. He can do more on offense. DJ Augustin has really struggled with the Pacers, but Mike D'Antoni might be able to get him to be solid again, which would be an upgrade over any back-up PG the Lakers have. Tyler is struggling too, but can fight for back-up minutes with Hill if he figures it out.

The Sixers desperately need size with Bynum out. Even when he gets back, the team seemed like it wanted to try to 2 7 footers thing anyway when they planned to have Hawes start with Bynum. Meeks is very familiar with the Sixers, so he should fit in just fine.

The Pacers get a C that would give them more production at that position, which is needed with Hibbert's struggles. Maybe he'll push Hibbert to play better, even if he won't threaten to start. Antawn Jamison will also improve their offense. The Pacers are among the best defensive teams in the NBA, which would hide both Hawes' and Jamison's lack of defense. They need more offense. Morris has better numbers than Augustin across the board, so they wouldn't lose much there.

Posted Image

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,813 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:37 PM

Why would we get rid of Jodie Meeks.. for Nick Young....?

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#3 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,843 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Like it besides getting rid of Meeks but I'd do it in a second

#4 I<3LA

I<3LA

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Philip
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:SHAQ DEISEL

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:57 PM

Not bad
Posted Image

#5 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 25, 2012 - 01:34 AM

Young makes significantly more money than Meeks, so it needs to be done to make the trade work.

I think it could potentially be better for the Lakers though. He's not as good of a shooter as Meeks, but he can create his own shot better. He would fit in with a bench unit better than Meeks would.

Posted Image

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,813 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 01:38 AM

Young makes significantly more money than Meeks, so it needs to be done to make the trade work.

I think it could potentially be better for the Lakers though. He's not as good of a shooter as Meeks, but he can create his own shot better. He would fit in with a bench unit better than Meeks would.

it's not that I look at Young's playing style.

He never looks to pass and takes stupid shots he has no reason to take and often plays out of control.

Meeks is a much more controlled type of player that you can put on the floor with Kobe because he can play the game evenly. If you put Nick Young on the floor with Kobe he'd be taking stupid shot after stupid shot and play out of control and Kobe would have body slammed him by the 5th game.

Edited by Majesty, December 25, 2012 - 01:38 AM.

#7 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,226 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 25, 2012 - 01:43 AM

He never looks to pass and takes stupid shots he has no reason to take and often plays out of control.

Meeks is a much more controlled type of player that you can put on the floor with Kobe because he can play the game evenly. If you put Nick Young on the floor with Kobe he'd be taking stupid shot after stupid shot and play out of control and Kobe would have body slammed him by the 5th game.

This

And

Dude always doing some stupid shot. so no

#8 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 01:45 AM

Dorell Wright would be the primary wing player playing with Kobe anyway. Young would be playing more with the bench unit. Given Wright's defense, it would upgrade the starting unit.

And although he does take bad shots, he still has a better career FG% and 3 Pt% than Meeks. He'd help out a bench unit that needs a lot of help.

Posted Image

#9 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,813 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 02:27 AM

Dorell Wright would be the primary wing player playing with Kobe anyway. Young would be playing more with the bench unit. Given Wright's defense, it would upgrade the starting unit.

And although he does take bad shots, he still has a better career FG% and 3 Pt% than Meeks. He'd help out a bench unit that needs a lot of help.

Thing is it's not worth screwing up the flow of the rest of the offense, Meeks plays within the offense and you CAN put him in with Kobe during stretches of the game which are a lot of stretches that matter. You can't do that with Nick Young and a scorer like him wouldn't be held solely on the bench for the bench, he'd be getting a lot of minutes with Kobe and the above problem that I already mentioned would happen over and over again and it would cost us games.

#10 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts

Posted December 25, 2012 - 02:39 AM

Thing is it's not worth screwing up the flow of the rest of the offense, Meeks plays within the offense and you CAN put him in with Kobe during stretches of the game which are a lot of stretches that matter. You can't do that with Nick Young and a scorer like him wouldn't be held solely on the bench for the bench, he'd be getting a lot of minutes with Kobe and the above problem that I already mentioned would happen over and over again and it would cost us games.

The Lakers' defense is what's costing them games. This upgrades both the starting unit because of the defense and the bench because Augustin is an upgrade at back-up PG and Young's ability to create for himself. Meeks' 3 point shooting is nice, but Wright and Young are good shooters too. Wright can play within the offense.

I like Meeks, but you gotta give up something to get something. That's what people don't understand when they propose trades. You're not going to get anything by trying to trade Ebanks.

Edited by Japago, December 25, 2012 - 04:31 AM.

Posted Image

#11 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

All-Star

• 6,843 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 25, 2012 - 08:25 AM

You downgrade backup SG but upgrade backup PG, Wing, and defense for the PF spot. I'd take it

#12 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 08:53 PM

You downgrade backup SG but upgrade backup PG, Wing, and defense for the PF spot. I'd take it

I actually disagree with him being a downgrade. He does more. He can get his own shot. He'd be a better fit with the bench unit and a true back-up to Kobe instead of a player that plays alongside of him like Meeks.

He doesn't fit with the starting unit as much, but Wright would play alongside of Kobe instead most of the time. He can still play decently off the ball though. I thought he was just fine when he was on the Clippers. What it does for the bench makes him better than Meeks overall IMO.

But like you said, even if it doesn't, it improves the Lakers so much everywhere else that I'd do it anyway too.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users