Photo

Shaq-A-Clause To Howard: You Have To Step It Up! Needs To Bring Up Average To 30 PPG

Shaq Dwight Howard Shaq-a-clause Big Man Lakers

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 meleco

meleco

Rookie

• 44 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:1983
  • Fav. Laker:Worthy

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:37 PM

http://losangeles.cb...rage-to-30-ppg/

Always happy to see the big man in LA. Good stuff.

#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,772 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:57 PM

While I agree with shaq that Howard does need to step it up, everything Shaq does involving howard is just to take a little shot at him. Its very annoying to have a guy go out of his way to try and belittle another player. I dont think Dwight needs to avg 30 though, I feel that closer to 25 is a better target. Dwight isnt at 100 percent right now and Kobe shouldn't be clocking in these amount of mins every night at all. If Kobe wasnt getting rid like a thoroughbred every night for 40 mins for Dwight to avg 25 isnt that unreasonable at all. Once Dwight gets back to 100 percent and if D'Antoni ever realizes that Kobe shouldn't be out there for 40 mins a night Dwight putting up 25 is very likely. Plus with Nash running a more efficent offense its not crazy to think that dwight will put up 30+ any given night. I mean if he gets his FT % up to around 60 (Where his carrer avg basically sits.) his scoring would benefit from them no longer just trying to foul him down low.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 21, 2012 - 08:13 PM

30 points what the hell? Howard is playing with the best scorer in the league in Kobe Bryant. There's no way in hell Howard will be able to average that many points on this team. The most he averaged in Orlando where he was the first option was about 24 points a game. He sure as hell won't average that here until Bryant retires than maybe he'll eclipse that. Dwight should and will average around 20 points and 13 boards.
htCCl0m.png

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 21, 2012 - 08:18 PM

30 points what the hell? Howard is playing with the best scorer in the league in Kobe Bryant. There's no way in hell Howard will be able to average that many points on this team. The most he averaged in Orlando where he was the first option was about 24 points a game. He sure as hell won't average that here until Bryant retires than maybe he'll eclipse that. Dwight should and will average around 20 points and 13 boards.

I think Shaq meant 30 in the playoffs and the finals. He's still pretty much on 28/15

The funny thing is that whenever Dwight gets anywhere close to 28 and 15 the Lakers always win or close to it.

I think Dwight will be getting a LOT more points that Nash is back.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#5 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just want Shaq to shut up and stay out of the Lakers' business.

Can't stand him.

#6 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:24 PM

I think Howard should up his scoring forsure. But Shaq can't bash him for not putting up 30ppg when he didnt even put that up (I think?)

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,785 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Howard is shooting a pretty good field goal percentage. To average 30 PPG at the current field goal attempts he is taking per game, he is asking for too much of a field goal percentage increase. Everyone knows that if Howard made all his freethrows he could have that potential, but that is far from reality at this point in time. I believe Howard isn't 100% yet either.

Get over it Shaq.

Howard is playing with the best scorer in the league in Kobe Bryant. There's no way in hell Howard will be able to average that many points on this team.

Good point. Reminds me of the past a little bit Shaq.

Edited by -Wade-, December 21, 2012 - 09:27 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#8 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,876 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:48 PM

I think Howard should up his scoring forsure. But Shaq can't bash him for not putting up 30ppg when he didnt even put that up (I think?)

He was close... 29.7

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#9 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:44 PM

he was talking about 30 in the playoffs and the finals. Shaq said that he put up 28 etc in the season but he had to put up 35 in the playoffs and in the finals because Kareem told him the 28 he was averaging during the season "wasn't enough" so he says he's telling Dwight that it "isn't enough" like Kareem did to him.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#10 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,029 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:23 PM

he was talking about 30 in the playoffs and the finals. Shaq said that he put up 28 etc in the season but he had to put up 35 in the playoffs and in the finals because Kareem told him the 28 he was averaging during the season "wasn't enough" so he says he's telling Dwight that it "isn't enough" like Kareem did to him.

Yeah except Shaq doesn't get that the circumstances are completely different. Kareem was right, Shaq isn't.

#11 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,745 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted December 22, 2012 - 04:28 AM

agree with shaq

People should realize that Kobe is not young anymore Lakers must not push Kobe too much cause you need Kobe Bryant in playoffs not in the season and D12 still in his prime

If Kobe Bryant gets seriously injured prepare for the next season

The funniest part of this Jodie Meeks demands the ball more than D12 :laughing:

come on men this is silly even the one of the Greatest 3 Point Shooter Steve Kerr knows that its easy to score in the paint than in 3 point line :smh:

33bkfif.jpg

#12 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:38 AM

I also agree with the greatest center the Lakers have had in NBA history. Shaq is right, Dwight should step it up offensively, but I think his PPG will go up once Nash returns. His pick and roll game will make Howard the great roll big man he was in Orlando.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#13 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:49 AM

Shaq just tries 2 motivate Howard. People look at it as him talkin down on em or hatin on em but that's not the case at all. Shaq will always root 4 the Lakers. He want s 2 see then succeed. Dwight just ain't gettin what shaq is sayin 2 him. If he stops thinkin shaq is hatin on em n actually listens n digest what he's sayin we might see a new Howard out there

#14 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,418 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:07 AM

True

Too be honest Howard doesn't have to put up as many points as Shaq (id probably say 25-28 in the playoffs) because Dwight brings a defensive presence that Shaq didn't bring

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 22, 2012 - 10:04 AM

The greatest center in Lakers history?!?!?!?!

Man, someone needs to watch old game film or read some information. Shaq is third, at best.

And no Shaq does not always root for the Lakers. He called every one of us and the town, and the team "phony" when he left. Completely bashed the team, Kobe and anything to do with the team for years, and now some of you go crawling back because some time has passed? Man, short term memories.

What Shaq should do is shut up about the Lakers affairs, get over his jealousy of Howard and move on. Problem is, the guy is the biggest crybaby in the history of the game and he can't let it go.

Right, Howard brings, defense, some kind of a work ethic and passion that Shaq never knew and never will.

#16 Projekt

Projekt

Sixth Man

• 3,062 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Derek Fisher

Posted December 22, 2012 - 11:10 AM

This dude keeps inching closer to being booed at his jersey retirement ceremony.

#17 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 12,931 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 22, 2012 - 11:15 AM

Shaq trying to start a Kobe-Dwight fued...

#18 The Next Stig

The Next Stig

Greatest

• 453 posts
  • Name:Jr

Posted December 22, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Shaq is right, i expected Dwight to average 25 and 10+ every game.

templaRS_zpsfc271f2c.jpg

Follow me on Instagram- Socalk1d

#19 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:39 PM

Shaq is right, i expected Dwight to average 25 and 10+ every game.

Then you had unrealistic expectations for Howard. There's no way in hell he's gonna be able to average than many points with this team. Just nowhere near enough shot attempts for that to happen. Dwight will average somewhere around 20 ppg and that's just fine.
htCCl0m.png

#20 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:40 PM

Kobe and shaq both averaged 30

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shaq, Dwight Howard, Shaq-a-clause, Big Man, Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users