#2 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:14 AM

A five star recurit committing to duke whats new? I can't even front Im a Duke fan though so good for us. The kid has great size and can handle like a guard. Already has an NBA body being around 6'8 and 220 which is huge considering he isnt even a freshman in college yet. This guy is a point forward in my mind no doubt.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#3 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I can hear it now, someone on ESPN is gonna call this kid an uncle tom.

SMH

#4 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,359 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:31 AM

That fool :\

EyMlHkX.jpg

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:33 AM

I can hear it now, someone on ESPN is gonna call this kid an uncle tom.

SMH

I really have no idea why they focus so much on race in sports anymore. Whenever something based on race comes up on ESPN I turn the channel I cant take listening to that annoying bull[expletive].

#6 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 21, 2012 - 11:39 AM

I really have no idea why they focus so much on race in sports anymore. Whenever something based on race comes up on ESPN I turn the channel I cant take listening to that annoying bull[expletive].

I really have no idea either, its [expletive]ing ironic and moronic.

#7 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:02 PM

A five star recurit committing to duke whats new? I can't even front Im a Duke fan though so good for us. The kid has great size and can handle like a guard. Already has an NBA body being around 6'8 and 220 which is huge considering he isnt even a freshman in college yet. This guy is a point forward in my mind no doubt.

A point Forward right now would be Kyle Anderson... (one of my top favorite players next to Ryan Harrow)... He plays for UCLA and is also 6'8" and has almost recorded a few triple doubles this season

#8 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:31 PM

A point Forward right now would be Kyle Anderson... (one of my top favorite players next to Ryan Harrow)... He plays for UCLA and is also 6'8" and has almost recorded a few triple doubles this season

Yea, but I'm saying Parker shows that he can be a point forward. He has the body control and handels of a PG when the ball is in his hand. When you watch highlight tapes of the kid your just as likely to see a sweet dunk as a nice dime.

#9 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:52 PM

thank god he didn't go to byu.
Posted Image

#10 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Yea, but I'm saying Parker shows that he can be a point forward. He has the body control and handels of a PG when the ball is in his hand. When you watch highlight tapes of the kid your just as likely to see a sweet dunk as a nice dime.

We will see next year though hopefully he will be able to dominate

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 05:34 PM

We will see next year though hopefully he will be able to dominate

Well IDK if Duke was the best choice for him since he is more athletic than he is a jump shooter. On top of this a traditional pg isnt always the best for Coach K system since it revolves around getting shooters open and living and dying by the three ball.

The kid has already had a bunch of back lash from choosing Duke, a bunch of UNC fans have been harrasing the kid on twitter, and others. I dont understand how you attack a 17 old kid for choosing to go to the college of his choice. Pretty [expletive]ed up you asked me.

#12 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 01:54 PM

Well IDK if Duke was the best choice for him since he is more athletic than he is a jump shooter. On top of this a traditional pg isnt always the best for Coach K system since it revolves around getting shooters open and living and dying by the three ball.

The kid has already had a bunch of back lash from choosing Duke, a bunch of UNC fans have been harrasing the kid on twitter, and others. I dont understand how you attack a 17 old kid for choosing to go to the college of his choice. Pretty [expletive]ed up you asked me.

He's a forward not a PG and some people are just nuts

#13 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 04:07 PM

He's a forward not a PG and some people are just nuts

I know he is a forward, but he has the potential to be a point forward a la lebron james. Not saying he is as naturally gifter or talented as LBJ but he can play point forward just like him. I was just saying traditional pg's dont work in Coach K system because he is likely to have the ball in his hands a lot since he has the skills of a point forward.

#14 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted December 22, 2012 - 05:03 PM

He's not likely to have the ball in his hands a lot, which is cool. He's nothing like James but I can see why people are saying he is another James (which he is clearly not, he is more of a Melo/Pierce) but what makes him similar to them is he can play point forward, and he is unselfish with the ball, he's a team player, he doesn't think about himself, and he is patience and makes smart decisions. He is a good fit to me. Wish he would have chose Florida though, my team.

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, December 22, 2012 - 05:42 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#15 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,027 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:27 PM

He's not likely to have the ball in his hands a lot, which is cool. He's nothing like James but I can see why people are saying he is another James (which he is clearly not, he is more of a Melo/Pierce) but what makes him similar to them is he can play point forward, and he is unselfish with the ball, he's a team player, he doesn't think about himself, and he is patience and makes smart decisions. He is a good fit to me. Wish he would have chose Florida though, my team.

Yea, I dont mean he has the same game as LBJ he is more like Melo/Pierce since he has a more polish jumper, but I think LBJ is the best player to use when talking about a point forward achetype which is why I said he is like James from the point forward perspective.

#16 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,491 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Yeah true

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users