Photo

No fouls since 12/8 for LeBron (five games so far)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 20, 2012 - 11:58 PM

No fouls called on him against...

Hawks
Warriors
Wizards
Wolves
Mavericks

You can be a pretty damn good defender...you can be elite...but come on, you aren't going to go THAT many games without a single foul called on you.

In fact, I took Scottie Pippen's games with the Bulls, from 1987-1998 (11 seasons), and I didn't find a single instance of him going more than one game without being called for a foul. One game.

Kobe's streak is three games, just one time in his career (this season, actually). The other times he went two games without a foul? He wasn't a starter in all but one instance of that.

----------

Funny part is, LeBron did this in 2009, also...from 3/22 to 3/31 (five consecutive games without a foul)...and Steve Nash, who is known as a horrible defender, did it for 11 games this year, 1/8 to 1/28 (lol).

Is this an indication of LeBron not being a good defensive player this year, or because he's just incredlble defending others and never fouling? OR he's just not getting calls against him?

#2 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:05 AM

Not even an offensive foul ? What a streak ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:15 AM

Is this an indication of LeBron not being a good defensive player this year, or because he's just incredlble defending others and never fouling? OR he's just not getting calls against him?

That is a very good question to ask, Real Deal. To be honest, I haven't watched enough of Lebron this season to make a warranted claim. I'm a basketball fan so I know I should, but I've had minimal time and have barely caught all the Lakers games. :)

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,698 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 21, 2012 - 12:22 AM

The defense LeBron plays uses a lot of his body and strength, and that's why many call him a great defender - because his body allows it. I would be interested to see who he's guarded in these games, and how they did while LeBron was guarding them. I can't make any judgements because I honestly haven't been keeping up with the Heat, but that's quite a long streak for someone as powerful as him to not take in enough contact to get a foul called on him.

#5 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,723 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:20 AM

Im pretty sure this shows that the nba favors him and lets him get away with allot.

#6 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,035 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted December 21, 2012 - 02:13 AM

Someone posted a similar stretch for LBJ on a message board several years ago (I think 2008). They showed how LeBron had been averaging something like 1 foul per game, it was ridiculous. Ever since then I knew the NBA was letting him get away with quite a bit. He's become a better defender since then but playing that many minutes and barely fouling is just unheard of really.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,144 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 21, 2012 - 02:25 AM

I'll go with not getting fouls called as I've seen him steamroll people with their feet set multiple times this season and NO foul got called whatsoever unless it was a blocking call.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 KB24BlackMamba

KB24BlackMamba

Rookie

• 397 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:2008

Posted December 21, 2012 - 02:57 AM

Reputation. No matter how clean or good defender you are, 2-3 games without any fouls is already extreme. I´m pretty sure he has made atleast a few reach-in fouls which have not been called.
Posted Image

#9 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,378 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 21, 2012 - 03:00 AM

NOBODY that plays that many minutes and is that physical doesn't foul. Stern and the NBA are full of it.

#10 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,118 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 03:41 AM

I think Miami's defense numbers speak for itself. They just don't play defense.

#11 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:41 AM

Or David Stern has something to do with this.... I honestly don't believe Lebron is a god on ball defensive player when he's torched by Melo and many other players the worst player I've seen him get torched by was Jon Lucas... I do feel he can get physical with big men and he is a great help defensive player but for on ball defense no..

#12 foreveryoung

foreveryoung

Rookie

• 102 posts
  • Fan Since:Long Time

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Isn't it obvious, the NBA has been favoring this guy ffor years!

Posted Image

#13 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:34 AM

so 6 of his last 7 games played he hasn't committed a foul lol wow

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:39 AM

On Dec. 8th, in a Miami Heat win over the New Orleans Hornets, LeBron James registered two personal fouls. That doesn’t exactly place him in Amir Johnson-territory, as the Toronto Raptors big man averages a healthy 6.2 fouls per 36 minutes of play, but it did give the 2011-12 NBA MVP 32 whistles after 18 games.

James has played 23 games now, for his 17-6 Miami Heat, and he’s still only registered 32 fouls on the year. It’s been five games, LeBron has played over 186 minutes over the course of his team’s 4-1 run, and he hasn’t been hit with a single foul throughout the entirety of that span. Not a tap or a tweet or a flop or a flail. Impressive stuff, LeBron. So much so that our friends at The Basketball Jones have marveled at this streak in each of their most recent podcasts. So much so that on Saturday night, in a game against the notoriously slap-happy Utah Jazz, LeBron might take in some sarcastic applause from Heat fans should he be whistled for his first foul in two weeks.

That is, of course, assuming the people that buy tickets to a Miami Heat game on a Saturday night pay attention to this stuff.

The streak has actually gone on past 186 minutes. James was hit with his second foul, and offensive charge, nine and a half minutes into the Dec. 8th win over the Hornets. This means he played a good 25 minutes or so during that contest without an infraction, which puts the foul-less streak at over 211 minutes. Considering James’ All-Defensive First Team credentials, this is strong stuff.

Strong stuff that, for those that like to do their finest work in comment sections, might be sloughed off as a “Star Treatment” situation. It’s true that, without meaning to, NBA referees show deferential treatment to superstars when they make their split-second whistle decisions mostly because they tend to trust an All-NBA type more than a scrub when it comes to judgment calls. It’s not that NBA refs are trying to keep the stars on the floor, players like LeBron James are too good to make something like that come into consideration, it’s just the inherent bias that comes from seeing talented players consistently do remarkable things.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:41 AM

32 fouls in 23 game??? wtf

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 21, 2012 - 09:43 AM

Def a lot of favoritism mixed with the Heats overall worse defense this year

#17 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:19 AM

Reputation. No matter how clean or good defender you are, 2-3 games without any fouls is already extreme. I´m pretty sure he has made atleast a few reach-in fouls which have not been called.

This. Its damn near impossible to go out there for so many games and not get a foul.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#18 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,142 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:29 AM

If you haven't committed 1 single foul in 5 games, it is either you are not playing with the intensity on both sides of court, or the coach does not want him to all out so he can play more minutes. But come on, 5 games? I mean it doesn't only have to be a defensive foul, but he hasn't committed an offensive foul also? No charge? Elbow? Push? Hold? Illegal screen?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#19 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,675 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:39 AM

i think we should actually watch the game before we make any judgments.

#20 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:46 AM

refs are just being refs, missing calls left and right and I'm not surprised at all by this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users