#121 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:34 PM

I still don't consider MWP a bench player when he's still getting starter Minutes he comes in the game usually 4 or 5 minutes of the first quarter

Every time someone gets you, you come up with some bs

#122 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:37 PM

One? I'll name a few.. Jamaal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, Nick Collison, Ray Allen, Jason Terry. Just on the top of my head.

Also Luis scola, Rasheed Wallace, Steve novak

#123 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:06 PM

One? I'll name a few.. Jamaal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, Nick Collison, Ray Allen, Jason Terry. Just on the top of my head.

I was referring to the Lakers bench Veterans

#124 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Every time someone gets you, you come up with some bs

My Bad MWP started the whole season and only been coming off the bench for 2 my bad smh and has been playing the same off the bench and starting

#125 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,051 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:16 PM

My Bad MWP started the whole season and only been coming off the bench for 2 my bad smh and has been playing the same off the bench and starting

Kobe and Metta are our most consistent players on the team too and the only youth on this team that's consistent is Hill.

Meeks, Ebanks, Clark, Hill

Are youth on our bench

Only Hill is consistent and sometimes Meeks.

Realize that youth has nothing to do with the equation. Give me a consistent oldie over an inconsistent youngin any day of the week.

Granted when you have inconsistent oldies like Duhon and now Jamison it can be a trial and tribulation.

But it's not more frustrating to watch than say... Ebanks.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#126 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:29 PM

Kobe and Metta are our most consistent players on the team too and the only youth on this team that's consistent is Hill.

Meeks, Ebanks, Clark, Hill

Are youth on our bench

Only Hill is consistent and sometimes Meeks.

Realize that youth has nothing to do with the equation. Give me a consistent oldie over an inconsistent youngin any day of the week.

Granted when you have inconsistent oldies like Duhon and now Jamison it can be a trial and tribulation.

But it's not more frustrating to watch than say... Ebanks.

LOL I just said veterans on the bench are not consistent and nobody is saying how inconsistent this veteran Jamison has been ALL season... and coming into this season he was supposed to be our 6th man... smh Ebanks minutes are spotty at best and ebanks isn't even that good ... and Clark doesn't even play

The Three Veterans that get the most playing time are Duhon, Jamison and probably steve blake when he comes back.... and at this point in the season they are all garbage and all our veterans that are extremely inconsistent on offense

I'd rather have a young player who could maybe give us 20-15 off the bench who can lock down their man every game and may have a few off scoring night here and there

#127 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,051 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:39 PM

LOL I just said veterans on the bench are not consistent and nobody is saying how inconsistent this veteran Jamison has been ALL season... and coming into this season he was supposed to be our 6th man... smh Ebanks minutes are spotty at best and ebanks isn't even that good ... and Clark doesn't even play

The Three Veterans that get the most playing time are Duhon, Jamison and probably steve blake when he comes back.... and at this point in the season they are all garbage and all our veterans that are extremely inconsistent on offense

I'd rather have a young player who could maybe give us 20-15 off the bench who can lock down their man every game and may have a few off scoring night here and there

Unfortunately the closest you have to that is Meeks and his shot is hot and cold and he's not a lock down defender.

But you tell me a young player or wing right now that is a LOCK down defender and can score 20-15 on a nightly basis that comes off the bench. I'd love for that kind of player to exist in the NBA but you see the only player like that which I can last remember is Harden. And guess what, he just got a max deal as a starter.

So there's no players out there like that which would come to a team to just be a bench player, that's just how reality works.

To me, it doesn't matter if they are old or young. Youth has little to do with you being a LOCK DOWN defender or scoring 15-20 off the bench.

Consistency is what matters above all else. It's not the youth that makes someone a good player, it's their effort and consistency that does.

Name me 5 players that are YOUNG LOCK DOWN DEFENDERS that can score 15-20 a night that would be fine with coming off the bench.

I'll wait :)

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#128 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:49 PM

What is with Jaison? no show? have not seen him or 3Banks on the bench
Posted Image

#129 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,051 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:51 PM

What is with Jaison? no show? have not seen him or 3Banks on the bench

Traded for Josh Smith. :bounce: Mitch did his Liam Neeson impression from Taken and the Hawks GM couldn't say no.

#130 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:55 PM

Unfortunately the closest you have to that is Meeks and his shot is hot and cold and he's not a lock down defender.

But you tell me a young player or wing right now that is a LOCK down defender and can score 20-15 on a nightly basis that comes off the bench. I'd love for that kind of player to exist in the NBA but you see the only player like that which I can last remember is Harden. And guess what, he just got a max deal as a starter.

So there's no players out there like that which would come to a team to just be a bench player, that's just how reality works.

To me, it doesn't matter if they are old or young. Youth has little to do with you being a LOCK DOWN defender or scoring 15-20 off the bench.

Consistency is what matters above all else. It's not the youth that makes someone a good player, it's their effort and consistency that does.

Name me 5 players that are YOUNG LOCK DOWN DEFENDERS that can score 15-20 a night that would be fine with coming off the bench.

I'll wait :)

Thaddeus Young
Louis Williams
Javale Mcgee(even though he's dumb he can block shots and dunk)
Alonzo Gee
Corey Brewer

Ages 24-26

#131 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:01 PM

Thaddeus Young
Louis Williams
Alonzo Gee
Corey Brewer

Ages 24-26

lou will is an offenisive player, and a decent to good defensive player
thad young has no true position he can lock up, hes not quick enough for 3s(mwp took him off the dribble) , and he gets abused in the post by 4s
Mcgee is undervalued in Denver, love his game
Gee's Defense fits the mold for this convo, but his offense is still coming along, give him another 2 years to devolop there to avg 15ppg(LIKE ALL YOUNG PLAYERS;STILL DEVELOPING,THE LAKERS NEED TO WIN NOW)
and Corey Brewer will give you 8 on most nights, youll be lucky to get 12 out of him,,,offense is not his game

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 28, 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#132 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:03 PM

lou will is an offenisive player, and a decent to good defensive player
thad young has no true position he can lock up, hes not quick enough for 3s(mwp took him off the dribble) , and he gets abused in the post by 4s
Mcgee is undervalued in Denver, love his game
Gee's Defense fits the mold for this convo, but his offense is still coming along, give him another 2 years to devolop there to avg 15ppg(LIKE ALL YOUNG PLAYERS;STILL DEVELOPING,THE LAKERS NEED TO WIN NOW)
and Corey Brewer will give you 8 on most nights, youll be lucky to get 12 out of him,,,offense is not his game

got hot the other night and dropped 27 on us and he averages 11 for the season coming off the bench

Edited by Cj2008nw, December 28, 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#133 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,051 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:04 PM

Thaddeus Young
Louis Williams
Alonzo Gee
Corey Brewer

Ages 24-26

:laughing: wow.. JUST wow...

Javale McGee a lock down defender... able to score 15-20 a night??
Lou Williams?? The guy Iggy called out for being weak defensively??
Alonzo Gee? The guy that gets 11 in 35 minutes played while shooting the worst field goal percentage of his career this season
Corey Brewer who is docile unless he plays against the Lakers but I'm sure you'll use that ONE game as evidence as it's your MO?

Thad Young is the only one I'll give you on that and even so he's not even that strong defensively at all..

But the fact you call either of those guys lock down defenders on top of that.. wow... just wow :laughing:

Edited by Majesty, December 28, 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#134 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:09 PM

got hot the other night and dropped 27 on us and he averages 11 for the season coming off the bench

not 15 a night, but ill give u corey brewer in ur arugument cuz hes avg 12 ppg.

#135 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:12 PM

:laughing: wow.. JUST wow...

Javale McGee a lock down defender... able to score 15-20 a night??
Lou Williams?? The guy Iggy called out for being weak defensively??
Alonzo Gee? The guy that gets 11 in 35 minutes played while shooting the worst field goal percentage of his career this season
Corey Brewer who is docile unless he plays against the Lakers but I'm sure you'll use that ONE game as evidence as it's your MO?

Thad Young is the only one I'll give you on that and even so he's not even that strong defensively at all..

But the fact you call either of those guys lock down defenders on top of that.. wow... just wow :laughing:

Javale Mcgee averages 2 blocks a game and if you look at what he's done through out the season he's had a lot of games between 12-20 points

Didn't know Iggy called him out but okay

Alonzo Gee could be good for us by just slashing and hitting open shots... coming off the bench don't see what your beef is

and Corey Brewer has also had a lot of good games this year

#136 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:17 PM

not 15 a night, but ill give u corey brewer in ur arugument cuz hes avg 12 ppg.

well we would at least be guaranteed 12 or 11 and if he gets hot it could be 15-20 and I'm fine with that

#137 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:18 PM

And the players I did list were all players I could see realistically and being okay with coming off the bench that are young that play defense and average atleast +10 points for the season

#138 Majesty

Majesty

• 41,051 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Javale Mcgee averages 2 blocks a game and if you look at what he's done through out the season he's had a lot of games between 12-20 points

Didn't know Iggy called him out but okay

Alonzo Gee could be good for us by just slashing and hitting open shots... coming off the bench don't see what your beef is

and Corey Brewer has also had a lot of good games this year

Getting two blocks a game doesn't make you a lock down defender.

Yes Iggy did.

And I thought we were talking about bench players "already". Because a majority of the people you give me score their 11 points via 35 minutes played and shoot low percentages on top of that.

If you wanted to go that route of just taking a young starter that can score and is a lock down defender I'd say that Iggy is a better fit for this team than everyone mentioned above.

But if we're talking about bench players that are bench players already that's another question entirely.

So we're including people that play 35 minutes a game in this discussion of bench players?

If I remember correctly you were the guy knocking Blake for scoring 7 points in 20-30 minutes played. But the guys scoring 11 on 35 minutes played would be awesome bench players?

I'm having a hard time seeing the consistency in the logic.

Corey Brewer is docile and you're lucky if you get 10 from him on a night.

They aren't 15-20 consistently bench performers.

#139 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,030 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:22 PM

brewer and gee wouldnt help the team as much as a go-to-guy for our 2nd unit. at least a pg who can make plays off the dribble

#140 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,119 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Getting two blocks a game doesn't make you a lock down defender.

Yes Iggy did.

And I thought we were talking about bench players "already". Because a majority of the people you give me score their 11 points via 35 minutes played and shoot low percentages on top of that.

If you wanted to go that route of just taking a young starter that can score and is a lock down defender I'd say that Iggy is a better fit for this team than everyone mentioned above.

But if we're talking about bench players that are bench players already that's another question entirely.

So we're including people that play 35 minutes a game in this discussion of bench players?

If I remember correctly you were the guy knocking Blake for scoring 7 points in 20-30 minutes played. But the guys scoring 11 on 35 minutes played would be awesome bench players?

I'm having a hard time seeing the consistency in the logic.

Corey Brewer is docile and you're lucky if you get 10 from him on a night.

They aren't 15-20 consistently bench performers.

So what your saying is Mcgee is a bad defender?? I'm sorry but I can't agree with you on that he is a good defender but Mcgee's problem is that he's just stupid

The only players I named that start are Thaddeus Young and Alonzo Gee
I named players that are young that can play defense and would not mind coming off the bench that is were these pool of players came from... there are a lot of players around that 20-15 PPG but most of them are starters and they would not like coming off the bench or give up their starting job to come off the bench based on what I've seen and heard from a lot of them via Media...

Alonzo Gee is a bad offensive player I will give you that but he can play defense... and he could be good for us as long as nash is on the floor or if we sign a PG that can create for himself and others off the bench

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users