33bkfif.jpg

#102 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 23, 2012 - 03:22 PM

Thing about Jamison is, it comes down to aggression. Once he cracked the lineup he coasted. He showed he is still fully capable of huge 30 point 14 rebound like games. If he's just aggressive.

Even at the 3 position when he was taking advantage of post positions and taking guys to the basket from the post he was doing wonderful and it's where a majority of his points that weren't long threes came from.

But then he cracked the rotation and sort of went back to just shooting long threes when he's shown other aspects of his game working!

That bench 3 spot is THERE FOR THE TAKING as D'antoni has pretty much said that it's down to Ebanks and Jamison but that someone "has to reach out and grab it"

If Jamison comes off the bench at 3 and plays productively and aggressively then we're set!!! The problem is once he got his spot that seemed to stop and he went back to just shooting threes again and not going after rebounds. Which is frustrating.

i think once his shot went broke ,there was no point of playing him,,,and you can make the case that,that means he was coasting in other aspects of the game.

but YOU CANT PLAY JAMISON AT THE 3. because the opposing team will have thier PF guard Jamison(the bigger man) and not MWP, and that nullifies MWP's offensive production at the 4.. and even on the other end of the court, would you rather have MWP gaurd SFs or Jamison(MWP was just our SF)..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,931 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 23, 2012 - 04:58 PM

i think once his shot went broke ,there was no point of playing him,,,and you can make the case that,that means he was coasting in other aspects of the game.

but YOU CANT PLAY JAMISON AT THE 3. because the opposing team will have thier PF guard Jamison(the bigger man) and not MWP, and that nullifies MWP's offensive production at the 4.. and even on the other end of the court, would you rather have MWP gaurd SFs or Jamison(MWP was just our SF)..

i don't worry about that because if they put a smaller guy on Metta then that guy is gonna have to deal with his post game instead.

It's pretty much a pick your poison situation if Jamison ever gets his act together because both him and Metta can take people in the post. if you stick a 4 on Jamison he can still post up effectively, if you stick a bench 3 on Metta he'll overpower them in the post and score anyway.

See what I mean? And if Jamison is aggressive he can attack off the dribble faster than Metta can so if they stick a 4 on Jamison he's going to more than likely go past them if he takes them off the dribble to the basket and with his quick release he'd frustrate the crap out of them.

If jamison ever gets his act and aggression together, our bench becomes even more of a problem for other teams.

Our bench scored 42 points last night without Jamison playing. If Jamison could just GET his act together and score 10-15 off that bench then our bench would be scoring around there or higher most of the time.

That's why I said Jamison is one of the most important factors to our bench working. I had no idea that Metta was going to play so well from the 4 or from the bench 4. But I still feel like if Jamison got his act together at the 3 etc in general. Our bench is even better.

It's up to Tawn though.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#104 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 05:56 PM

i don't worry about that because if they put a smaller guy on Metta then that guy is gonna have to deal with his post game instead.

It's pretty much a pick your poison situation if Jamison ever gets his act together because both him and Metta can take people in the post. if you stick a 4 on Jamison he can still post up effectively, if you stick a bench 3 on Metta he'll overpower them in the post and score anyway.

See what I mean? And if Jamison is aggressive he can attack off the dribble faster than Metta can so if they stick a 4 on Jamison he's going to more than likely go past them if he takes them off the dribble to the basket and with his quick release he'd frustrate the crap out of them.

If jamison ever gets his act and aggression together, our bench becomes even more of a problem for other teams.

Our bench scored 42 points last night without Jamison playing. If Jamison could just GET his act together and score 10-15 off that bench then our bench would be scoring around there or higher most of the time.

That's why I said Jamison is one of the most important factors to our bench working. I had no idea that Metta was going to play so well from the 4 or from the bench 4. But I still feel like if Jamison got his act together at the 3 etc in general. Our bench is even better.

It's up to Tawn though.

yes they can both post up,,,but we dont post players up enough in this offense.. and for Jamison to really be able to take a player off the dribble, he needs to be drive n kicked to, he needs to play with a player who can penetrate,,,,if he could find his stroke,hed play well with nash,,,him playing with delonte would have helped his game too. he doesnt have the dribble moves like MWP to take a player off the dribble without the ball being kicked to him and his defender being off balance while closing out..

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#105 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 06:07 PM

yes they can both post up,,,but we dont post players up enough in this offense.. and for Jamison to really be able to take a player off the dribble, he needs to be drive n kicked to, he needs to play with a player who can penetrate,,,,if he could find his stroke,hed play well with nash,,,him playing with delonte would have helped his game too. he doesnt have the dribble moves like MWP to take a player off the dribble without the ball being kicked to him and his defender being off balance while closing out..

hence why he nees to be aggressive and not camping the 3 point line. And if Gasol got his rear in the post where it should be when he's playing the 5 Jamison would get those kind of opportunities a lot.

Edited by Majesty, December 23, 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#106 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 06:13 PM

hence why he nees to be aggressive and not camping the 3 point line. And if Gasol got his rear in the post where it should be when he's playing the 5 Jamison would get those kind of opportunities a lot.

jamison IS a very good cutter.. but other than cutting, hed be at the 3point line in this offense, cuz of Antoni's love for spacing, and pick n roll too

#107 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 06:26 PM

jamison IS a very good cutter.. but other than cutting, hed be at the 3point line in this offense, cuz of Antoni's love for spacing, and pick n roll too

And Jamison could move off the pick and roll very well because of how good he is at cutting. it's there for him to take if he's just aggressive.

#108 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:05 AM

https://twitter.com/...522928761098240

Hill's offensive rebound rate best in the league at 21.2. Next is Andre Drummond w/16.8. A 4.4% difference. Let's process that for a second.

Play Hill more and Pau less

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#109 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:13 AM

The cool thing is that it may actually be that simple.

Note: Every time a Laker misses, there is a 21% chance, that we get a second opportunity if Hill is on the floor. That's awesome.

#110 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,351 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:17 AM

I'm shocked that Faried isn't at the top, or is it just against the Lakers that his offensive rebound rate is 95.6%?

#111 211275

Rookie

• 189 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:55 AM

Why not Jamison? He hasnt even seen the court in 5 games. They want to keep him around to keep D'Antoni company over there?

• 40,365 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:14 AM

Other day, Pau 6 boards in 37 minutes, Hill 9 boards in 13 minutes, uhh yeahh... and that's not the only game something that disturbing has occured. I've been saying this for a while.

yo.

#113 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:15 PM

I'm shocked that Faried isn't at the top, or is it just against the Lakers that his offensive rebound rate is 95.6%?

Like I said before people always want to compare Faried to Rodman or talk about his rebounding, but the fact is Hill comes close to his statistics coming off the bench that he has as a starter but he gets no attention for it from anyone outside of Lakers fans.

#114 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image Mark Medina@MedinaLakersNBA
Mike D'Antoni said Jordan Hill's minutes will likely increase. But Antawn Jamison's role might be the same. D'Antoni wants continuity

woot

#115 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:24 PM

To be honest teams pay with a lot more energy than the Lakers.... and we don't have any good young role players to cut down our starters minutes

#116 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,931 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:31 PM

To be honest teams pay with a lot more energy than the Lakers.... and we don't have any good young role players to cut down our starters minutes

Youth doesn't beat consistency.

#117 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:36 PM

Youth doesn't beat consistency.

Name one veteran off the bench that plays consistent?

#118 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,396 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:40 PM

Metta ^

He hustles on both ends even if his shot isn't there.

MMiRi9s.png

#119 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,115 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 12:54 PM

Metta ^

He hustles on both ends even if his shot isn't there.

I still don't consider MWP a bench player when he's still getting starter Minutes he comes in the game usually 4 or 5 minutes of the first quarter

#120 goinskyhigh10

goinskyhigh10

Rookie

• 45 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Name one veteran off the bench that plays consistent?

One? I'll name a few.. Jamaal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, Nick Collison, Ray Allen, Jason Terry. Just on the top of my head.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users