LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,518 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:11 PM

I would like to see him pass Jordan in career assist per game!!! :laughing:

Thats stupid. He is a shooting guard.....his main game is scoring. Some Kobe hate I see.

#22 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,174 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:33 PM

Shatter dreams like Jordan

I mean shatter Jordan dreams & stats
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#23 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Great accomplishment. Congrats Kobe. :rock:
htCCl0m.png

#24 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,412 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:01 PM

Thats stupid. He is a shooting guard.....his main game is scoring. Some Kobe hate I see.

SOOOOOOO You wouldn't like to see him break Jordans assist per game stat?? Now thats stupid?? UUUUhh Jordan was a shooting guard also. I hate when these youngsters who have no clue attempt to make comments just because they are riding a certain players jock. I would never hate on Kobe however if anyone on this site would not like to see him average 6 or 7 assist per game has no clue about the game of basketball

#25 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Give me Championships or give me death....(J/K)

Edited by GCMD, December 19, 2012 - 07:21 PM.

#26 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,518 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:31 PM

SOOOOOOO You wouldn't like to see him break Jordans assist per game stat?? Now thats stupid?? UUUUhh Jordan was a shooting guard also. I hate when these youngsters who have no clue attempt to make comments just because they are riding a certain players jock. I would never hate on Kobe however if anyone on this site would not like to see him average 6 or 7 assist per game has no clue about the game of basketball

You tried to undermine his achievement and also you don't think he is as great as Magic. Thats some hate. Id rather him surpass Jordan in ppg because thats what the sg position is about shooting and scoring.

Lol i may be young but at least I dont say things like this

So then we would have two power forwards posing as TRUE centers???? Y?? When the tempo slows down in the playoffs even Lopez would neutrilize our 5 spot. The last thing you want is D12 getting 22 / 13 and 3 then someone like Thebett getting 17 / 11 and 3.

Howard is a center. Theres no debate so stop saying "power forward".
Lopez would neutrilize Howard. ahahahah dumbest thing I have heard next to Thebett dropping 17/11 on Howard.

Lol watching all that basketball didn't do much for your knowledge.

#27 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,628 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:36 PM

2nd greatest of all time!

#28 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,775 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted December 19, 2012 - 09:54 PM

But but but Kobe doesn't pass..!

2div

#29 Cj2008nw

Cj2008nw

Sixth Man

• 3,116 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 20, 2012 - 07:29 AM

And this is why Kobe is better than Lebron....

#30 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Kobe for 2013 MVP

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:09 PM

I don't think you understood the statement made about Jordan's apg. He won't surpass Jordan's ppg...most Jordan fans will claim that's the Gold Standard. He may tie or pass Jordan for titles...but he still won't pass him for MVPs, Finals MVPs or most other accolades. Passing him in apg may be one of the only ways to get a "leg up" in the Kobe vs Jordan comparison...

At least, that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

And I am old enough to have watched both Kobe and Jordan play...and Jordan played pure SG while Pippen facilitated where Kobe had to do both...see why passing his apg would give that argument a big boost?

And at this rate, Kobe could conceivably pass Jordan in points AND titles in June 2014...that is, if we win this year, Kobe remains healthy and Dwight resigns with the Lakers...

Edited by GCMD, December 21, 2012 - 01:12 PM.

#32 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,301 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 21, 2012 - 01:14 PM

I don't think you understood the statement made about Jordan's apg. He won't surpass Jordan's ppg...most Jordan fans will claim that's the Gold Standard. He may tie or pass Jordan for titles...but he still won't pass him for MVPs, Finals MVPs or most other accolades. Passing him in apg may be one of the only ways to get a "leg up" in the Kobe vs Jordan comparison...

At least, that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

And I am old enough to have watched both Kobe and Jordan play...and Jordan played pure SG while Pippen facilitated where Kobe had to do both...see why passing his apg would give that argument a big boost?

And at this rate, Kobe could conceivably pass Jordan in points AND titles in June 2014...that is, if we win this year, Kobe remains healthy and Dwight resigns with the Lakers...

Thing is, if Kobe has another three peat(after Dwight re-signs), he'll have 8 championships and would have passed Karl Malone on the all time scoring list.

At that point I don't think there would be a question where Kobe stands.

Edited by Majesty, December 21, 2012 - 01:14 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#33 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:37 PM

He was playing well at the beginning of last season too and then Mike Brown tired him out and his shooting % tanked. I really don't care about the record I'm more worried about the playoffs, that is when we'll need this Kobe.

#34 Iowntehworld

Iowntehworld

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:40 PM

Thing is, if Kobe has another three peat(after Dwight re-signs), he'll have 8 championships and would have passed Karl Malone on the all time scoring list.

At that point I don't think there would be a question where Kobe stands.

I think that is being a little too optimistic don't you? And Assuming That prediction is indeed corect Kobe still won't be able to pass Michael Jordan for the Greatest Player of all time. Even If he managed to pull off another MVP award (which is certainly possible) he would still pale in comparssion to Jordan's 5. Kobe has also never won a Defensive Player of The Year, and Comes nowehere near to Jordan's career averages in both the regular season an the playoffs. Not to mention How Jordan won 3 titles retired, cameback and won 3 titles again. Kobe is a fantastic player, one of the greatest I have ever seen but He will not pass Michael Jordan even if He managed to win another 3 titles

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,301 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:49 PM

I think that is being a little too optimistic don't you? And Assuming That prediction is indeed corect Kobe still won't be able to pass Michael Jordan for the Greatest Player of all time. Even If he managed to pull off another MVP award (which is certainly possible) he would still pale in comparssion to Jordan's 5. Kobe has also never won a Defensive Player of The Year, and Comes nowehere near to Jordan's career averages in both the regular season an the playoffs. Not to mention How Jordan won 3 titles retired, cameback and won 3 titles again. Kobe is a fantastic player, one of the greatest I have ever seen but He will not pass Michael Jordan even if He managed to win another 3 titles

Dude if Kobe wins 8 rings and is 2nd all time scorer or even first if he played another year then he WOULD pass Jordan on the all time list. He'd have the most championships leading a team behind Bill Russell and be the leagues all time or 2nd leading scorer in an era where it's harder to score than it was in Jordan's era.

I don't think Jordan would hold up over Kobe if he got 8 championships and was the number 2 or 1 scorer of all time. I just don't really.

#36 Iowntehworld

Iowntehworld

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:1995

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:32 PM

Dude if Kobe wins 8 rings and is 2nd all time scorer or even first if he played another year then he WOULD pass Jordan on the all time list. He'd have the most championships leading a team behind Bill Russell and be the leagues all time or 2nd leading scorer in an era where it's harder to score than it was in Jordan's era.

I don't think Jordan would hold up over Kobe if he got 8 championships and was the number 2 or 1 scorer of all time. I just don't really.

Hypothetical Scenario

If Jordan Doesn't retire in his prime He wins ateast another MVP, Ring and Finals MVP. He would have averaged at least 2400 points a season because that was his lowest toal he ever scored in his prime so by a simple math equation

32,292 - 457 (The number of points he scored in the brief comeback of 93-94) +4800 (Assuming he scored 2400 points on the dot for those two seasons) = 36,635 Points

Thats puts him roughly 200 points behind Karl Malone all time for scoring. Now lets say That Kobe Wins another MVP manages to capture 2 more Finals MVP, 3 rings and surpasses Karl Malone by scoring 37,000 points. If we stack Both Jordan and Kobe side by side their resume's would look like

Jordan (16 seasons)

6 MVP's
7 Finals MVP's
7 Rings
36,635 Points

Kobe (20 seasons
2 MVP's
4 Finals MVP's
8 Rings
37,000 points

So Jordan is higher than Kobe in nearly every category (with the exception of total points) including nearly all percentages both offensively and defensively, While playing 4 less seasons. I take Jordan, many others would take Jordan and it wouldn't be close

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,301 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hypothetical Scenario

If Jordan Doesn't retire in his prime He wins ateast another MVP, Ring and Finals MVP. He would have averaged at least 2400 points a season because that was his lowest toal he ever scored in his prime so by a simple math equation

32,292 - 457 (The number of points he scored in the brief comeback of 93-94) +4800 (Assuming he scored 2400 points on the dot for those two seasons) = 36,635 Points

Thats puts him roughly 200 points behind Karl Malone all time for scoring. Now lets say That Kobe Wins another MVP manages to capture 2 more Finals MVP, 3 rings and surpasses Karl Malone by scoring 37,000 points. If we stack Both Jordan and Kobe side by side their resume's would look like

Jordan (16 seasons)

6 MVP's
7 Finals MVP's
7 Rings
36,635 Points

Kobe (20 seasons
2 MVP's
4 Finals MVP's
8 Rings
37,000 points

So Jordan is higher than Kobe in nearly every category (with the exception of total points) including nearly all percentages both offensively and defensively, While playing 4 less seasons. I take Jordan, many others would take Jordan and it wouldn't be close

The thing is, that Jordan didn't play 2 extra years, and Kobe is still here and winning championships is still possible. So if we go by hypothetics and you say "what if Jordan played those 2 years" I could say "What if Kobe didn't ride the bench and barely play for 2 straight years"

What if the Lakers had James Worthy and weren't dealing with injuries and Jordan never won his first championship? What if Kobe didn't ride the bench for his first 2 years into the league, he'd be past Jordan right now in terms of points. So we can go back and forth on that all day :)

We could go all day with that.

So I'd stay with the most practical, which is if Kobe wins 3 more championships how their legacies stack against each other then. Not the "what if Jordan had then let's stack them" how do we stack them side by side THEN. If Kobe wins 3 more championships he's ahead of Jordan all time imo. Jordan didn't play those 2 years, and Kobe rode the bench his first 2 years in the league so take that into account to before we play hypothetics :)

As it stands if Kobe retires with 8 championships and 2 more finals MVP's and is the 2nd to 1st leading scorer of all time. He's ahead of Jordan in terms of all-time status and would have done it in 2 eras of basketball. The one he was in which was that whole new era movement with the Iversons and the McGrady's and THIS era with the Durants etc. If Kobe were able to 3 peat, 2 peat, and 3 peat again in these separate eras especially given how much has changed, he's ahead of Jordan and people will have to let that go.

Edited by Majesty, December 22, 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#38 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,518 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hypothetical Scenario

Jordan (16 seasons)

6 MVP's
7 Finals MVP's
7 Rings
36,635 Points

Kobe (20 seasons
2 MVP's
4 Finals MVP's
8 Rings
37,000 points

What if Kobe played 30mins+ his first couple of years....
What if he actually had decent talent around him during his prime years?

"What ifs" are stupid. History is about what you did, not what if you did.

#39 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,805 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 23, 2012 - 05:58 PM

After the 5th game of 30+ points I knew that somethin special was happenig

That's why I made a thread about it

I would like to see what kobes career numbers are if you throw ou his first 2 seasons

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,301 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 06:13 PM

Kobe also set the record for the most field goal attempts with the least amount of free throws.

previous record holder was Hakeem the Dream who took 40 field goals and went to the line 0 times
Kobe last night taking 41 shots went to the free throw line just once and it was a technical.

Also funny statistic. Kobe only shot the ball 4 times from three in the first 4 quarters, and only 6 times from the free throw line extended. Every other shot was inside or at the basket.

Yeah he was fouled a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users