48 replies to this topic

#21 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:31 AM

What about this scenario: Jamison has a no trade clause. He took a huge pay cut to win a ring. I am sure he would be quick to waive that to go to the worst team in the league and help out the team that shelved him. You guys are brain dead. Jamison will play this season on the Lakers, and he is a bargain at his price, even getting zero minutes, also it is impossible to trade him.

bro, THATS WHY THE TITLE IS "WOULD HE AGREE TO A TRADE" , u seem damn brain dead urself. the post is a question, wieghing the pros and cons of him waiving it,,,,u obviously dont think theres enough pros for him to wave it,ok

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 19, 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#22 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:40 AM

Just got called brain dead by someone with grammar like you. Painful.

#23 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:41 AM

Just got called brain dead by someone with grammar like you. Painful.

you yourself just used a one word sentence . lets talk basketball,eh?

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#24 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:48 AM

Okay fine. That trade will never happen. Lets move on.

#25 soooobased

soooobased

llama

• 226 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Horry, Fisher

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:14 AM

MDT has lost his damn mind. Seriously first he continues to play Kobe a ridiculous amount of minutes, than he moves him to the 3, and now he's benching our two best bench players. I wasn't on the fire MDT train, but now I am.

This, except I was on the fire Dantoni train from Day1

Edited by soooobased, December 19, 2012 - 10:14 AM.

Posted Image
Props to fkMikeBrown

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,679 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:38 AM

No. Keep Hill and Jamison. Trade Ebanks, Blake, Morris, Clake and Scare

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,091 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:11 AM

Keep Jamison. I don't like the fact that both he and Hill are out of the rotation. And you give Ebanks a start... I'm not a fan of the monopoly guy or Pringles or Ted Turner.
Posted Image

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:18 PM

we would only need Jamison if both MWP and Hill got injured(hill>jamison production wise). the present holes in our team are more important than things that could happen(very unlikely things)

And Hill is hurt right now and MWP is inconsistent. You keep players with friendly contracts who can play. Jamison can play and be productive in our system.

Our biggest hole right now is lack of a true productive PG and once Nash comes back our team will be set

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 lakerfandude

lakerfandude

Rookie

• 655 posts
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Antawn Jamison perplexed by reduced role; vows to stay positive

Posted on December 19, 2012 by Mark Medina

There’s very few things Antawn Jamison hasn’t seen in his 15-year NBA career.
He played on the Washington Wizards for four seasons, including the 2009-10 campaign when Gilbert Arenas brought firearms to the locker room. Jamison was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers later that season where he witnessed LeBron James’ hasty departure. This year, Jamison experienced the firing of Mike Brown only five games into the Lakers’ season.
In the Lakers’ 101-100 victory Tuesday over the Charlotte Bobcats, Jamison went through one thing for the first time in his career. He didn’t play.
“I’ve never had this,” Jamison said in a quiet moment with this newspaper. “I’m going home and going to pray. I’m doing something I love to do. You just have to find the positives in life. We won.”
Jamison’s demotion coincided with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni overseeing a number of moving parts. Pau Gasol returned to the starting lineup after missing the past eight games because of knee tendinitis. Lakers forward Metta World Peace has assumed the backup power forward spot. It’s possible Jodie Meeks will start at shooting guard, while Kobe Bryant slides over to the small forward position. Meanwhile, Jordan Hill also sat on the bench with Jamison.
“Nothing they did to deserve it,” D’Antoni said. “I’m just trying to figure out the best way to play the team.”

Jamison, who has averaged 7.2 points on 43.9 percent shooting through 25 games, initially had an elevated role under D’Antoni. He started for five games during Gasol’s eight-game absence because of knee tendinitis. Jamison had a season-high 33 points in the Lakers’ 122-103 win Nov. 30 against the Denver Nuggets. He had also posted double digits in five other games.
Those performances became fleeting.
D’Antoni started Hill last week in the Lakers’ loss against Cleveland, hoping his energy would spark the team’s lack of consistent athleticism and defense. But he went scoreless. World Peace then started the next four games, while Devin Ebanks took the starting small forward spot. During the Lakers’ four-game trip last week, Jamison scored a combined 12 points on four of 15 shooting. He also went scoreless in the last two games he played. Of course, the Lakers have remained concerned with Jamison’s defensive deficiencies.
“I’m here to win a championship,” Jamison said. “If me not being out there improves our chances, then you have to roll with it. Of course I’m not excited about it. I want to compete. I know if I’m out there, I can contribute. But what else can you do?”
Jamison then answered his own question.
“You just have to stay positive,” Jamison said. “It’s difficult. You never know. Next week, there might be 37 minutes again. You just have to stay positive and have to ride this ship until we find out what are we going to do. Right now, we’re all confused by what’s going on.”
Jamison then suggested the constant rotation changes has only contributed to that confusion.
“In order for us to be successful, we have to establish an identity,” Jamison said. “Of course injuries play a part. But we have to establish a bench. We have to know what we’re going to do with our starters. We have yet to do that. It’s kind of hard to get into a rhythm when you don’t know what’s going on. Your guess is as good as mine.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2012/12/19/antawn-jamison-perplexed-by-reduced-role-vows-to-stay-positive/

Edited by lakerfandude, December 19, 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#30 GO24Seven

GO24Seven

Rookie

• 475 posts
  • Name:Gilbert
  • Fan Since:Born A LAKER
  • Fav. Laker:ANY 1 IN the Purple & Gold

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:57 PM

And I thought Mike Brown's rotations were bad. I guess I was wrong sheesh.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,974 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Antawn Jamison perplexed by reduced role; vows to stay positive

Posted on December 19, 2012 by Mark Medina

There’s very few things Antawn Jamison hasn’t seen in his 15-year NBA career.
He played on the Washington Wizards for four seasons, including the 2009-10 campaign when Gilbert Arenas brought firearms to the locker room. Jamison was traded to the Cleveland Cavaliers later that season where he witnessed LeBron James’ hasty departure. This year, Jamison experienced the firing of Mike Brown only five games into the Lakers’ season.
In the Lakers’ 101-100 victory Tuesday over the Charlotte Bobcats, Jamison went through one thing for the first time in his career. He didn’t play.
“I’ve never had this,” Jamison said in a quiet moment with this newspaper. “I’m going home and going to pray. I’m doing something I love to do. You just have to find the positives in life. We won.”
Jamison’s demotion coincided with Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni overseeing a number of moving parts. Pau Gasol returned to the starting lineup after missing the past eight games because of knee tendinitis. Lakers forward Metta World Peace has assumed the backup power forward spot. It’s possible Jodie Meeks will start at shooting guard, while Kobe Bryant slides over to the small forward position. Meanwhile, Jordan Hill also sat on the bench with Jamison.
“Nothing they did to deserve it,” D’Antoni said. “I’m just trying to figure out the best way to play the team.”

Jamison, who has averaged 7.2 points on 43.9 percent shooting through 25 games, initially had an elevated role under D’Antoni. He started for five games during Gasol’s eight-game absence because of knee tendinitis. Jamison had a season-high 33 points in the Lakers’ 122-103 win Nov. 30 against the Denver Nuggets. He had also posted double digits in five other games.
Those performances became fleeting.
D’Antoni started Hill last week in the Lakers’ loss against Cleveland, hoping his energy would spark the team’s lack of consistent athleticism and defense. But he went scoreless. World Peace then started the next four games, while Devin Ebanks took the starting small forward spot. During the Lakers’ four-game trip last week, Jamison scored a combined 12 points on four of 15 shooting. He also went scoreless in the last two games he played. Of course, the Lakers have remained concerned with Jamison’s defensive deficiencies.
“I’m here to win a championship,” Jamison said. “If me not being out there improves our chances, then you have to roll with it. Of course I’m not excited about it. I want to compete. I know if I’m out there, I can contribute. But what else can you do?”
Jamison then answered his own question.
“You just have to stay positive,” Jamison said. “It’s difficult. You never know. Next week, there might be 37 minutes again. You just have to stay positive and have to ride this ship until we find out what are we going to do. Right now, we’re all confused by what’s going on.”
Jamison then suggested the constant rotation changes has only contributed to that confusion.
“In order for us to be successful, we have to establish an identity,” Jamison said. “Of course injuries play a part. But we have to establish a bench. We have to know what we’re going to do with our starters. We have yet to do that. It’s kind of hard to get into a rhythm when you don’t know what’s going on. Your guess is as good as mine.”

http://www.insidesoc...-stay-positive/

Then take advantage when you're out there Jamison. You played great for 4 or 5 straight games and then when you got your spot at you started lacking aggression and coasting on both ends, that's why D'antoni is sitting you now.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#32 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,205 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:30 PM

People bagging on Jamison now really need to pipe down. As if any member in these forums hasn't seen this 'inconsistent' play from other players on this roster before. So Metta looks good at the stretch 4 huh? For 2-3 games? Please, its inevitable that Metta will still slip into his shooting slumps now and then, same as Jamison, and then I'm sure there's going to be talk of sitting Metta in favor of someone else. People want to wine and moan about Jamison playing bad as of late while he's not the only culprit and while he makes less than $1 million lol.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,974 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:35 PM

People bagging on Jamison now really need to pipe down. As if any member in these forums hasn't seen this 'inconsistent' play from other players on this roster before. So Metta looks good at the stretch 4 huh? For 2-3 games? Please, its inevitable that Metta will still slip into his shooting slumps now and then, same as Jamison, and then I'm sure there's going to be talk of sitting Metta in favor of someone else. People want to wine and moan about Jamison playing bad as of late while he's not the only culprit and while he makes less than $1 million lol.

metta's been playing very good all season and has had more good games than bad games, why the heck are you trying to bag on him when he's been one of our most consistent players?

And it ain't about shooting slumps.

It's not just that Jamison is off with his shot, he's not being aggressive nor even posting up like he normally does or getting to the basket as well as missing layups and not giving effort on the defensive end and needlessly fouling on plays he doesn't have to and is lacking hustle as well as not rebounding. It's a combination of a lot of things.

Even on the nights Metta has a shooting slump he contributes in different ways, scoring at timely moments, taking pressure off Kobe by being one of the only other guys on the team that doesn't need Kobe to ALWAYS set up his own shot, rebounding or playing defense or getting rebounds. Metta is always trying to make an impact somewhere whether his shot is off or on.

With Jamison if his shot's not falling he's pretty much not offering anything else, which is a shame because he CAN he just isn't. In 4 of those 5 great games he's had he was being aggressive, attacking in the post AS WELL as attacking with the long range jump shot and going after every rebound. Now he's pretty much just camping the three point line and coasting on defense and rebounding, offering little else on either end. Metta has thus far outperformed both Jamison AS WELL as Gasol at the 4 position this year in terms of what he's brought on both ends. You may hate it, but it is what it is.

The problems aren't the same, stop trying to act like you can compare the two.

Edited by Majesty, December 19, 2012 - 05:38 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#34 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,205 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:27 PM

metta's been playing very good all season and has had more good games than bad games, why the heck are you trying to bag on him when he's been one of our most consistent players?

And it ain't about shooting slumps.

It's not just that Jamison is off with his shot, he's not being aggressive nor even posting up like he normally does or getting to the basket as well as missing layups and not giving effort on the defensive end and needlessly fouling on plays he doesn't have to and is lacking hustle as well as not rebounding. It's a combination of a lot of things.

Even on the nights Metta has a shooting slump he contributes in different ways, scoring at timely moments, taking pressure off Kobe by being one of the only other guys on the team that doesn't need Kobe to ALWAYS set up his own shot, rebounding or playing defense or getting rebounds. Metta is always trying to make an impact somewhere whether his shot is off or on.

With Jamison if his shot's not falling he's pretty much not offering anything else, which is a shame because he CAN he just isn't. In 4 of those 5 great games he's had he was being aggressive, attacking in the post AS WELL as attacking with the long range jump shot and going after every rebound. Now he's pretty much just camping the three point line and coasting on defense and rebounding, offering little else on either end. Metta has thus far outperformed both Jamison AS WELL as Gasol at the 4 position this year in terms of what he's brought on both ends. You may hate it, but it is what it is.

The problems aren't the same, stop trying to act like you can compare the two.

I don't care who produces more at the 4, I have no favorites. Metta is playing good at the 4 right now, I know this. My point isn't about playing Jamison over Metta or anybody over anyone. What I'm saying is people that are slamming Jamison or anyone else for inconsistency issues needs a check, because when I look at our roster, I see plenty of it. Heck Majesty, I remember before Pau got injured you were critical of his play, next came the criticism of Duhon and Morris and our problems with TO's, then I saw you criticize Jamison a few games back when he was on his slump. There's always going to be issues with players on this team with inconsistency issues, its inevitable. So when I see a thread about wanting Jamison gone, I chuckle, because this very well could have turned into a Metta thread, a Hill thread, a Meeks thread etc.. And if that were the case, I'd still be here defending them in the same manner. I don't like how members get so hot and cold on players during a 3-5 game stretch.

#35 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:01 PM

bro, THATS WHY THE TITLE IS "WOULD HE AGREE TO A TRADE" , u seem damn brain dead urself. the post is a question, wieghing the pros and cons of him waiving it,,,,u obviously dont think theres enough pros for him to wave it,ok

Well, he's right. Jamison isn't getting traded.

Edited by hotpocket, December 19, 2012 - 10:13 PM.

#36 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,322 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:11 PM

Jamison would probably agree to a trade if he realize that he doesn't fit into the system AND if likes the destination.
He earlier stated that he would be open to going to Charlotte at some point...

#37 hotpocket

hotpocket

Rookie

• 926 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:18 PM

Maybe.

Who exactly is knocking on the door for Jamison though?

#38 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,322 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:44 PM

Maybe.

For a veteran stretch-4, a good locker-room presence, a guy with a PER at 13,7 and an expiring contract at only 800,000 i'd say there are more than one team who is knocking on the door.

#39 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Maybe.

last season he had twenty 20point games where he shot 45% or higher (66 game season) ... laker curse.. i know the bobcats want him..
LAL get - ramon , bizmack biyombo(good hustle PF like hill)
CHA gets - twan,Hill .

#40 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 1,993 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 11:07 AM

jamison doesnt have a no trade clause, but, trading a vet who took less money is a bad look for future sigings, unless Jamison agrees to the deal. if he doesnt play will Pau getting limited minutes do to his Foot, would Jamison agree to a trade?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users