48 replies to this topic

#1 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:28 AM

i believe he has a no trade clause,but why would he agree to a trade? MWP took his spot.and he signed a 1 year contract to win a ring ,and that doesnt look very promising at the moment. (i think we'll win it, but does he even think we have a shot?)

When he made his decision last summer, Jamison called Bobcats president of basketball operations Rod Higgins to explain himself. These two have known each other since Jamison’s rookie season with the Warriors. Jamison said Higgins respected his reasoning. And what about a homecoming? “If they still want me back home, I’d sure listen.” Jamison said. “I have another couple of years in this body. If they want me, I’d have no reservations about putting on a Bobcats uniform.” Charlotte Observer - hoopshype

this quote above does not say he wants to leave LA, but it doesnt say he wants to return,,,,ill just connect the dots and say hes not happy here.

Mark Medina@MedinaLakersNBA
D'Antoni said Jordan Hill & Antawn Jamison is out of the rotation. Antawn spent a good time biting his lip to me afterwards about it

i know its an absolute pipe dream, but, could we trade Antawn for Sessions? i know the Bobcats want Antawn. would you trade Antawn and Hill for Sessions and Bizmack Biombo? i absolutely would, with Metta at the backup 4 now, Biombo wouldnt be a bad 4th big,hes active similarly to Hill.

Antawn avg 17 ppg last year, had twenty 20point games where he shot 45% or more(66 game season),,,,he's just not playing well here,,,id assume his stock is higher than his play so far as a laker would indicate.
Rumour has it the Twolves and 76rs were discussing a Dorrel Wright for Barrea trade,,,would u trade Jamison for Barrea,,,i would,if that was the best deal we could include him in...

disclaimer: im not inferring from his quotes that he wants to be traded,,,it is a possiblity tho..

sidenote: laker fans are thinking that Jordan Hill could be on his way out (post his jan 15 trade restriction date) . i think that would not be wise tho, because, MWP could have a bad matchup at the 4 and get outrebounded by a bigger player,the same would happen to Antawn,but not Jordan Hill

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 19, 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#2 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:45 AM

MDT has lost his damn mind. Seriously first he continues to play Kobe a ridiculous amount of minutes, than he moves him to the 3, and now he's benching our two best bench players. I wasn't on the fire MDT train, but now I am.
htCCl0m.png

#3 Honey Boo Boo

Honey Boo Boo

I <3 Weezy's Lil' Wayne

• 1,486 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Eminem

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:50 AM

Pringles has gone crazy fellas.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,699 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:52 AM

Dang, he's gonna tire out our main starters.

#5 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:56 AM

or
LAL get - barbosa,bizmac biombo

CHA gets - Jamison

Celtics get - Hill - Celtics need a big

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#6 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:56 AM

Fire Mike Dantoni. This guy is a total retard. Wtf.
Laker fan for life.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,749 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:02 AM

With how Metta is playing as the stretch 4(better than Jamison has been) and the fact that for about 3-4 games Jamison has given us absolutely nothing, and Metta has actually been bothering forwards with his quick hands, and the fact Gasol does NOT want to come off the bench is anyone really surprised?

Our lineups are as follows

Duhon
Kobe
Ebanks
Gasol
Dwight

And our bench is

Morris
Meeks
Empty
Artest
Gasol

We aren't running with our full bench so basically the only positions that would switch up us Metta/Kobe playing the 3 when Gasol wants to play but Dwight can afford to stay out there.

All these problems get solved if Gasol comes off the bench. Till then we'll be trying to find minutes for all our forwards

If Gasol comes off the bench our lineup becomes this

Duhon
Kobe
Empty
World Peace
Dwight Howard

and our bench becomes

Morris
Meeks
Jamison
Hill
Gasol

That pretty much is what the situation would become. But with Gasol not wanting to concede the starting rotation and the fact that Artest has been a more productive stretch 4 than Jamison, D'antoni is in a very awkward position. .

Now if we were to get Delonte and Nash which seems to be what the Lakers want to go for since they are trying to move Ebanks it becomes something like this likely

Nash
Meeks
Kobe
World Peace
Dwight

Bench
Morris/Duhon
West
Jamison
Hill
Gasol

With a bunch of pieces interchangable

And a lot of different guard lineups from the 1 to 3 that we'd be switching around.

So I'm guessing that's what the Lakers are going for.

But as long as Ebanks offers nothing, and Jamison plays like crap, D'antoni is in an awkward position of who to play etc.

When we trade Ebanks for picks and Pau finally concedes coming off the bench as the 5 which benefits our stretch perimeter offense with our bench then things will be a lot less clouded.

Edited by Majesty, December 19, 2012 - 01:07 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:05 AM

Why would you want to trade Jamison, hes a vet, he has skills that can help our team and he has a minimum contract. IF an injury or something happens we're gonna need him

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:13 AM

Why would you want to trade Jamison, hes a vet, he has skills that can help our team and he has a minimum contract. IF an injury or something happens we're gonna need him

we would only need Jamison if both MWP and Hill got injured(hill>jamison production wise). the present holes in our team are more important than things that could happen(very unlikely things)

Edited by GMTradePau4aBench, December 19, 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#10 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:49 AM

Dantoni is really starting to annoy me though.
Laker fan for life.

#11 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,639 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted December 19, 2012 - 01:58 AM

Jamisnon had a few good games but then when he started to get his spot he stopped working for it. He had 7 straght crap games that he was getting at least 10+ minutes in. If he isnt playing good offense then he has no use. He's horrible on defense. I have yet to see one game where the guy actually locks down his players. He only brings offense and he hasnt shown that he can consitantly bring it every game. From what it seems he wanted more playing time so he played harder and thus did better but then when he got his spot he coasted.

I wish hill could play more but he's kinda losing his chance with the large amount of players at his postion.

Were just gonna have to deal with jamisnon. He isnt gonna get traded. Hill is much more likely. I know everyone is saying we should keep him in case of injury well we are lacking greatly at the 3 spot and we have hill who can probably get us a decent back up 3. Getting a player who would actually play is more important that having a backup who isnt at all.

#12 muncher

muncher

Rookie

• 517 posts
  • Name:Simon
  • Fav. Laker:Gary Vitti

Posted December 19, 2012 - 02:07 AM

Man [expletive] this, I really want Jamison and hill to do well on this team!

#13 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,116 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 02:58 AM

As long as we win, I don't care.

#14 lakersince75

lakersince75

Rookie

• 1,374 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:08 AM

All I know is you guys need to go to the Maybe It's LA thread. Sessions almost destoyed us last night. I just think it's hard to play with Kobe. At the same time I'm not saying I'd rather not have Kobe, Im saying when chosing a rookie or a Free Agent he better be mentally tough before anything else.

#15 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,749 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:18 AM

All I know is you guys need to go to the Maybe It's LA thread. Sessions almost destoyed us last night. I just think it's hard to play with Kobe. At the same time I'm not saying I'd rather not have Kobe, Im saying when chosing a rookie or a Free Agent he better be mentally tough before anything else.

No It's not Kobe's fault. Sessions played today like he played for us, he got injured near the close of the season and messed up his shoulder and couldn't turn it up in the playoffs so Blake had to play his minutes instead to close games.

Sessions last night and Sessions in LA are the same, he just got his shoulder jacked up.

It's not a subtle "it's kobe's fault" thing either.

#16 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:22 AM

idk if its kobe's fault for these bench players tho, because he is rarely on the floor with them,,,it could be the lore of LA and kobe tho. but i honestly think the reason that bench players we bring in fail,,,is because theyre playing with weak players. a unit of 5 on the court should never be without a player who can create offense off the dribble,,,and it seems like our bench has always been lacking that key component. - delonte

#17 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,749 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 04:26 AM

Thing is, if Morris can go out there and score 15 in a half and even 8 in close out situations. There's no reason why someone as experienced and as talented as Jamison has to post three back to back to back zero point zero rebound performances while playing NO defense whatsoever.

Jamison was brought here to be a reason but now he's out of the rotation because Ron has been a better 4 than him AND Gasol thus far this season.

Who the freak saw that coming? I knew I said MWP would have one of his best years as a Laker but If someone would have told me that he'd be putting up better numbers at power forward than Pau and be a better stretch 4 than Jamison I'd have laughed till my sides hurt.

So like I said, pressure is on Jamison.

Here's to hoping he doesn't "Kapono" it because right now, aside from the two 30 point 14 rebound games I'm not seeing much difference.

Edited by Majesty, December 19, 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#18 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,471 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:16 AM

Jamison and Blake for Sessions.

#19 Majesty

Majesty

• 36,749 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 05:38 AM

Jamison and Blake for Sessions.

What about gerald henderson instead?

#20 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,192 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:25 AM

What about this scenario: Jamison has a no trade clause. He took a huge pay cut to win a ring. I am sure he would be quick to waive that to go to the worst team in the league and help out the team that shelved him. You guys are brain dead. Jamison will play this season on the Lakers, and he is a bargain at his price, even getting zero minutes, also it is impossible to trade him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users