Photo

Mike Woodson: We Use Mike D'Antoni's Offense But We Focus On Defense

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,377 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted December 17, 2012 - 03:10 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...play?id=8740998

Maybe the Lakers should do the same thing. D'Antoni only having the team practicing team defense for a half hour isn't enough.
Hey Laker fans! Check out this internet radio talk show for TRUE Laker fans. Hear them out and let them know what you think about the show. Send them an email with your thought and opinions on the Lakers, the show, or any other topic you want. Thanks for listening and GO LAKERS!! www.purpleandgoldradioshow.com

Signatures may contain an image, but may not be any larger than 468x140.

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,544 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2012 - 03:53 PM

Defense also has to do with the chemistry of knowing the defensive tendencies of you teammates. They've only now seemed to get used to the fact that Dwight is going to contest every shot and were playing the passing lanes yesterday more so when they knew the foe would pass it off, they also seem to foul less when leading someone to Dwight for a block.

Dwight said it best they need to get used to each other's tendencies on the defensive end.

And a lot of what we're going to need to solve is our turnover problem which is where a lot of opponents points come from.

But Mike Woodson's system looks like it focuses on defense, and you could say that, but the truth is, they get good shots and are able to get back on defense and understand the tendencies of their teammates defensively and it's tellable.

But when they are missing their shots and long rebounds or turning over the ball they look as prone to be scored on as we do.

They are more refined and have had more time together and basically played in D'antoni's system for 2 years so Woodson can focus mostly all of his time on the defensive side of things. It shows. We however, have not had that kind of time.

Woodson was already there teaching defense too. The problem with the Knicks was Amar'e in the starting lineup, being that he isn't really a stretch four or very versatile if you stick him anywhere but center, it hurt their productivity and shrunk the floor more and ruined their spacing.

This is why Woodson is going to bring Amar'e off the bench. And that is why the Knicks played better last year when Amar'e was out.

Edited by Majesty, December 17, 2012 - 03:55 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,544 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:28 PM

And if you just saw the Knicks game, you now know what I mean.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#4 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 810 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted December 17, 2012 - 10:12 PM

Haha I hope we kick their asses next game.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#5 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,589 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted December 18, 2012 - 03:54 AM

getting destroyed with your own system
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users