Photo

Lakers said no to Pau/Duhon for Smith/Harris Trade

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,197 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 16, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Don't be quick to forget the Princeton Offense is responsible for 0 championships at the pro level.

Until someone wins a pro championship with the Princeton its safe to say it was both.

Very close minded way of thinking, being that the Triangle is taken from the Princeton in terms of a lot of elements, the Princeton just has more options and is more complicated. If the personnel was perfect and the team mastered the Princeton it's devastating at the NBA level.

Let's not forget the Princeton gave us our toughest challenge during our championship run and if it wasn't for Robert Horry hitting that game winner it was that offense that would have taken us out. And the Nets went to two straight NBA finals using that offense.

So to act like it's not effective just because it doesn't have a ring is very close minded.

There's a lot of systems that have yet to win a championship at an NBA level but that doesn't mean you scrap it.

The Triangle has won 11 championships. Why the heck does no other team use it by that logic then?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#22 MyJohnsonIsMagic

MyJohnsonIsMagic

It really is.

• 1,825 posts
  • Name:Johnson
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant.

Posted December 16, 2012 - 02:59 PM

Very close minded way of thinking, being that the Triangle is taken from the Princeton in terms of a lot of elements, the Princeton just has more options and is more complicated. If the personnel was perfect and the team mastered the Princeton it's devastating at the NBA level.

If the Triangle is a cousin of the Princeton, then that means the Princeton has been around longer than the triangle.

It may be your opinion that I'm being closed minded, but its a fact the Princeton has 0 championship and for a offense
that has been around longer than the triangle if it was a good enough offense as you say it is there should of been
results by now. [shrugs]

Let's not forget the Princeton gave us our toughest challenge during our championship run and if it wasn't for Robert Horry hitting that game winner it was that offense that would have taken us out. And the Nets went to two straight NBA finals using that offense.

So to act like it's not effective just because it doesn't have a ring is very close minded.

I never said it wasn't effective, its been responsible for championships at other levels but not in the pros.

You have valid points, I'm just not the kind of guy that agrees without results you know.

So please don't refer to me as closed minded, I don't mind being called skeptical though.

The Triangle has won 11 championships. Why the heck does no other team use it by that logic then?

Rhetorical question I'm sure.

#23 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,876 posts
  • Name:Drazard
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 16, 2012 - 04:29 PM

Snap !

33bkfif.jpg

#24 lakersince75

lakersince75

Off The Bench

• 1,448 posts
  • Fan Since:1975
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Posted December 17, 2012 - 05:47 AM

Without a TRUE big man in return (even in a 3 team deal) I wouldn't do it. Devin Harris does sweeten the pot though. Would they go for Blake and Duhan for Harris?? :laughing: Without Pau and with Sacre Sucking; we have ZERO TRUE backup centers. Pau will be fine once he's healthy, in shape, gets 15 games under his belt under D'Antoni's system and with D12, Nash But the thing that will help Pau the most is the trade deadline going by

Edited by lakersince75, December 17, 2012 - 05:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users