#42 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted December 22, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Kobe can go 0/25 and then just still be absolutely cold blooded down the stretch like he was tonight.
htCCl0m.png

#43 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,722 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted December 23, 2012 - 12:06 AM

6/12 in the 4th and OT.

Obv the refs are blind and not even calling any fouls.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#44 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 01:21 AM

People need to quit overreacting. Will Kobe take 41 shots in a game again? No. Just be glad he made 6 of his last 12 shots and took part in the comeback. It is not easy to perform at your best all the time, both playing wise and decision wise. There are a lot of factors weighing in like opponents and the refs! Everybody knows Kobe is aggressive offensively and he should be. Otherwise our offense becomes stagnant with making defenders job easy. Kobe couldn't have known that the refs wouldn't call the whistle before he attempted a shot or drove in. But that is his job to do, so he doesn't take a step back. Of course 41 is too many and if we had lost this game, everybody was going to point fingers at Kobe. But you have to look at the whole picture. Why did Kobe take so many shots while he was limited at only 1 free throw? Obviously there is something wrong with that picture. I believe he could have ended up going 16/35 with 10-12 shots from FT line and closing the night with 40+ points. But it is what it is. We won. So move on.

#45 bfc1125roy

bfc1125roy

Superstar

• 4,037 posts
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2012 - 01:26 AM

From my post in the gameday thread:

-Kobe was a beast. Not sure why people are complaining so much about him but he was single covered most of the time and was getting practically whatever he wanted. There were a lot more post ups with him too since he was at the 3 most of the time. He was kind of whining too much about calls he didn't really deserve at the beginning of the game, but honestly many players on both teams were really pissed at Kane Fitzgerald.

#46 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,553 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted December 23, 2012 - 01:31 AM

People need to quit overreacting. Will Kobe take 41 shots in a game again? No. Just be glad he made 6 of his last 12 shots and took part in the comeback. It is not easy to perform at your best all the time, both playing wise and decision wise. There are a lot of factors weighing in like opponents and the refs! Everybody knows Kobe is aggressive offensively and he should be. Otherwise our offense becomes stagnant with making defenders job easy. Kobe couldn't have known that the refs wouldn't call the whistle before he attempted a shot or drove in. But that is his job to do, so he doesn't take a step back. Of course 41 is too many and if we had lost this game, everybody was going to point fingers at Kobe. But you have to look at the whole picture. Why did Kobe take so many shots while he was limited at only 1 free throw? Obviously there is something wrong with that picture. I believe he could have ended up going 16/35 with 10-12 shots from FT line and closing the night with 40+ points. But it is what it is. We won. So move on.

Funny thing

Interesting Statistic: If Kobe made 3 of the shots he was fouled on tonight despite taking 41 shots he'd have shot close to 50% We won't go into the attempts that wouldn't have been counted if they called the fouls on them. 1 free throw for Kobe tonight and Dwight Howard only played 12 minutes before the 4th quarter because of foul trouble with 2 on clear outs while Kobe had 5. You don't have to be Nostradamus to figure out what happened. More importantly, the Lakers still won.

Yeah people are overreacting

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#47 BiGGaVel

BiGGaVel

Rookie

• 93 posts
  • Fan Since:since kobe arrived
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE BRYANT

Posted December 23, 2012 - 05:15 AM

Kobe takes 41 shots!! WTF KOBE?!!! u got dwight howard on ya team an he jacking up 40 damn shots I wouldnt be mad or suprised if dwight leaves in the off season becuz kobe ball hogging ass.. pass the ball damn
Posted Image

#48 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,142 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 07:43 AM

Kobe's numbers so far in December:

33.8 ppg 5.8 rpg 4.9 apg 1.5 spg with .448-.342-.843 shooting.

#49 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,542 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted December 23, 2012 - 09:59 AM

41 shots is too much. No excuses.

#50 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:06 AM

Defending any player scoring less points on more shots is absurd. Kobe was off early in the game. It wasn't like he suddenly found himself open and HAD to take those shots because of the shot clock.

Any team with Nash, Kobe, Dwight and Pau should NEVER have one player taking over 20 shots in a game. NEVER. Not unless that player is so hot that you HAVE to keep riding him.

Some of you are IGnORANT of what basketball is all about. It's about teamwork and sharing the ball to make the team greater than the sum of its parts. Nash gets that. Dwight gets that. (Even) Pau gets it. Kobe is so stuck on his individual talents that he thinks it's ok to just IGNORE the TEAM concept any time he feels like it...it's not ok.

No one challenges the fact that Kobe is one of the greatest players ever. I don't understand why he feels the need to try to keep proving that night in and night out.

At this point, I'm starting to see why Tim Duncan has made and kept his team consistently competitive for so long. He is a consummate professional...one of the GREATEST teammates of all-time.

Kobe is yet to be anything REMOTELY similar to Duncan as a leader or teammate.

And defending Kobe's FGA this year is inexcusable...

#51 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:40 AM

And defending Kobe's FGA this year is inexcusable...

he's only taking 22 shots a game

Pau Gasol is GONE

#52 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:46 AM

he's only taking 22 shots a game

1/3 of those are forced or bad shots.

• 40,431 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:47 AM

^ Well let's just hope & pray little by little we can start seeing that change with Nash back eventhough unfortunately yesterday that hardly was the case.

yo.

#54 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:50 AM

He's only doing what he's done for his entire career. He's had games where he's shot the ball too much but his season numbers are right in line with what he's always done.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#55 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:51 AM

I agree...it's not necessary. Hopefully, we get back to good, clean basketball...passing, cutting, moving without the ball, attacking the basket, finding people for EASY shots...not this Kobe Iso Crap.

#56 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:52 AM

Kobe has nine career 40+ shot games.

#57 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:55 AM

with some of the teams he's had, I'm surprised it's not more than that

Pau Gasol is GONE

#58 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:57 AM

with some of the teams he's had, I'm surprised it's not more than that

They showed a stat on ESPN and Wilt Chamberlain has the most 40+ shot games in history and its not even close. It's in the triple digits lol

#59 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 10:57 AM

He's only doing what he's done for his entire career. He's had games where he's shot the ball too much but his season numbers are right in line with what he's always done.

Old dog meet new trick.

Kobe's smart enough to know that if he really wants to win, using his teammates is the easiest way to accomplish that.

It makes no sense to keep firing up shots. As a coach and a person who played "floor general" type PG for all of my life, I can't even fathom shooting that much unless I'm wide freakin' open...

If Kobe didn't have teammates wide open on many of those attempts, I wouldn't have a problem with those shots....but he's got players who can make shots. He's got a PG who can get his teammates good shots easily.

Why put up 40 shots?

That's SELFISH.

#60 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts

Posted December 23, 2012 - 11:03 AM

Old dog meet new trick.

Kobe's smart enough to know that if he really wants to win, using his teammates is the easiest way to accomplish that.

It makes no sense to keep firing up shots. As a coach and a person who played "floor general" type PG for all of my life, I can't even fathom shooting that much unless I'm wide freakin' open...

If Kobe didn't have teammates wide open on many of those attempts, I wouldn't have a problem with those shots....but he's got players who can make shots. He's got a PG who can get his teammates good shots easily.

Why put up 40 shots?

That's SELFISH.

well, I did say

He's had games where he's shot the ball too much

Guess I should have said: Including this one

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users